SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
During the call he asked the foreign leader to investigate Biden and his son Hunter.
No, he did NOT. The Bidens were not even mentioned in that phone call. You've been listening to the Leftist fake news too much.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Hank "Guam might tip over" Johnson

Somehow, when I hear Hank speak, I see Anton Jackson.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
During the call he asked the foreign leader to investigate Biden and his son Hunter.
No, he did NOT. The Bidens were not even mentioned in that phone call. You've been listening to the Leftist fake news too much.

flashguy

I just copy and paste articles that may be of interest.I do not proof read every sentence for accuracy.So these are not my words,but a sentence out of the article I posted.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just copy and paste articles that may be of interest.I do not proof read every sentence for accuracy.So these are not my words,but a sentence out of the article I posted.

Might want to heavily factor the sources you're pruning articles from. Many will fail proper vetting. Wink

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Might want to heavily factor the sources you're pruning articles from. Many will fail proper vetting. Wink

Is The Washington Examiner a bad source? Please why don't you put out a list of approved sources. Guess there might be some inaccuracies in most sources so the best solution to not getting your panties in a wad is for people not to post from sources. Or to modify articles to remove what we don't agree on. Is this what you want?

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
This whole Impeachment thing is getting old.
Time to end it.

The best thing I have seen come from it is The Great Crack Story as told by Rep. Gaetz.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, enough is enough.

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
We're way beyond simply proving Trump innocent.

That's not where the burden of proof lies.
Let's not play games here, you know where I was going with that. The Dem's have come totally out from behind cover and I think it would be a mistake to not to take advantage of their weakness and vulnerability and drive a stake through their heart less than a year out from an election.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Dem's have come totally out from behind cover and I think it would be a mistake to not to take advantage of their weakness and vulnerability and drive a stake through their heart less than a year out from an election.

I agree.

Time and time again the left engages in these types of shenanigans, and the right shrugs their shoulders and walks away. This only emboldens them to do it yet again.

It's time we stand and fight them with the same tactics they like to use.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

Is The Washington Examiner a bad source? Please why don't you put out a list of approved sources. Guess there might be some inaccuracies in most sources so the best solution to not getting your panties in a wad is for people not to post from sources. Or to modify articles to remove what we don't agree on. Is this what you want?

Point taken. I also erred by not quoting your comment about not fully reviewing the articles before linking. Panties not wadded up here FWIW. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
The Dem's have come totally out from behind cover and I think it would be a mistake to not to take advantage of their weakness and vulnerability and drive a stake through their heart less than a year out from an election.

I agree.

Time and time again the left engages in these types of shenanigans, and the right shrugs their shoulders and walks away. This only emboldens them to do it yet again.

I also agree. I hate the probable inevitability that Trump will be the 3rd President impeached, and for the Dems to have that to boast about, but every minute this goes on, is another nail in their coffin.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

I agree.

Who's the number one proponent of hosting this BS in the senate and extracting a pound of flesh? Our president. And to date, his instincts on when and how to fight have been pretty damn good. Much like the Kavanaugh BS, Trump shoved a 2x4 up the asses of a number of Repub's and told them to fight...and they did. And what came of that? Kavanaugh was confirmed, and the Repub's and Trump came out of it as the winners, while dealing the Dem's some major political blows. Did the Dem party collapse? Of course not.Will it collapse if the senate conducts an impeachment trial? Of course not. But the game needs to be winning back the house in a big way and broadening a senate majority to give this president what he needs in his second term to accomplish his agenda. And bludgeoning this filth while completely discrediting them helps accomplish that goal.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Of course he wants his chance to fight back against this silly shit, but we need to just move on. That's my opinion and my hope. This has gone on far too long.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
My first preference would be for this to die in the House. I doubt that miracle will happen. This is going to be a home and home series and it's our home next. Schiff won't have carte blanche over anything. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court will assure our side is heard by all of America.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Nobody needs to hear anymore.
Over the last week you have heard more than enough to draw a conclusion.

I cannot envision a scenario where Republicans would not loose ground with a continuation of this farce.
Time to pull back when you are at your peak which is where we are now.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
My first preference would be for this to die in the House.
Actually it just may. If the Dem's can't get at least 100% of their caucus to vote yes on this (and I do not see that happening) this thing is over and done. No Repub in the house is going to vote for it, so if the Dem's can't even get all of their own caucus to vote for it, 'everyone' will see this for exactly what it is and it will damage them severely.

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I always figured the Democrats would try to drag it out as long as possible... as fodder for the election. However, some of the smarter Democrats (oxymoron I know) may see the writing on the wall... that this may backfire on them, and would like it to go away just as much as we would.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Those who are honest and can think objectively already know the truth. Everyone else- you couldn't drive this into their skull with a drill. There's no point in trying to convince those who cannot or will not see the truth- a truth which is glaringly obvious. Let's get through it and get out of it.

And if you want to see something damning come out of a Senate trial, forget about pinning down Schiff or Biden or whomever- let's see if that traitorous phony Romney has the sack to cast a vote to impeach Donald Trump. In all honesty, I will be disappointed if he doesn't do just that. I want him to fuck himself all the way with his hate for Donald Trump, and casting a vote to impeach would surely do just that.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
What to do in the Senate lays bare the razor on which we now rest. While there is some wisdom in driving a boot into the neck of the vanquished, there comes a time for restoration and cultural reunification. Maybe that restorative moment is here. Maybe it isn’t.

There’s an opportunity cost in wasting more time, money and agitation on impeachment now or in the future. Have Americans had their fill yet? It seems that more and more have as time goes by.

And, what about the Democrats? Has their leadership had their fill of losing influence and credibility? Have they had their fill of coming off as political hacks?

At the end of the Civil War Congress faced a similar dilemma during reconstruction. Some wanted the South to bow very low while others wanted to allow an easier reunification. In the end, the statesmen saw that when a war is effectively over, you should stop fighting.

When the enemy is laid bare, do you need to resort to bullets, pits and lye? There are good arguments for, instead, taking the surrender to start a post-conflict order.

Realistically, in today’s political climate, is the opposition likely to cry uncle? No. They are more likely to just give in by moving toward the President and his leadership.

The USMCA was surely an attempt to counter the notion that Democrats are do-nothing mouth-breathers but it signals a slight move toward compromise and regular order.

After the shellacking they’re beginning to take in public support, the Democrat leadership may be less likely to bring impeachment to the floor again. Maybe if Republicans play their cards right, they can marginalize the impeach 45, soon to be 46, crowd as they find a more malleable Democrat body. If they really play their cards right, maybe the opposition will soon be the minority.

What approach in the Senate is more likely to lead to that result?

One thing’s for sure; those who hate President Trump will hate him still - no matter what the Senate does. No amount of hearings or boot-grinding will change that.

So, maybe it’s time to quickly end the fiasco without too much ado. The long game is thinking about how to increase the middle-ground support the President has gained. One thing I know from litigating cases is that no matter how much you love your case, there can be unhappy surprises.

It’s time to take the win and get back to business.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

flashguy

Confused Did you read the transcript? That's exactly what the President did. What he didn't do in the phone call was threaten to withhold aid. There was no quid pro quo in the phone call.

From page 4 of the transcript as posted on the White House's website:

Trump:

"The other thing, There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me."

In other news, what is the President doing today? Impeachment can't go away fast enough. Nobody talks about what the President is doing to strengthen our country. Even this thread is 99% impeachment. Get over it already. The Dems want to keep impeachment going because it controls the news cycle. Take away impeachment and what are they left with? Record low unemployment, rising stock market, more fair trade deals, etc. Take away impeachment and the Trump Presidency is looking great.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post