SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
"That woman is crazy. I mean BAT-SHIT crazy. I swear she sleeps upside down"

-Dennis Miller
And in a coffin.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Whooo Matty Gaetz dropping Biden bombs!

“Hunter Biden, the guy who was caught with crack etc, who bought crack in a homeless encampments...he’s the guy chosen by Burisma?”

This is really worth a listen:

https://www.foxnews.com/politi...er-bidens-drug-abuse

Gaetz makes a devastating point here. If, as all the evidence indicates, Hunter Biden was involved in corruption on a grand scale in Ukraine, it was not only appropriate for the president to make inquires about Biden to the president of Ukraine, it was incumbent on President Trump to do so.

The Democrats waded stupidly into this morass that will not only fail to harm the president, it will destroy the Democrat Party. Nancy Pelosi is the doddering old fool leading a wobbly charge in the wrong direction.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cruiser68:
I loathe her(Pelosi) and respect her at the same time. She has successfully hung on to significant power for a long time and she has to be smart or have smart handlers to keep her in that position for so long. Having said that I detest her because .....well....I can't really say what I really think about her on a public forum.

The only reason that evil winch holds on to power is she wins over 70% of the vote in Cali. Intelligence has nothing to do with it.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
A couple of weeks back, there was an article with the following headline.
quote:
Ingraham takes down cartoon-like Dems for constantly predicting Trump's 'political demise'

Link

In the article, Ingraham was quoted:
quote:
If the speaker doesn't watch out, her new nickname will be Wile E. Pelosi.

I got a good laugh from that. Smile

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Graham says that if impeachment goes to the Senate, he will not call any witnesses-- because "It's a crock!"

Yes, Miss Lindsay actually thinks we are that stupid.

He is not calling witnesses because-- *harumph harrumph* "It's a crock!" You tell 'em, Miss Lindsay. Hitch up your crinolines and kick 'em in the pants!

It's not to keep a lid on the massive corruption involving Ukraine. That would be cowardly and traitorous! No, no, it's nothing like that....

https://www.foxnews.com/media/...ent-inquiry-timeline

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's not to keep a lid on the massive corruption involving Ukraine. That would be cowardly and traitorous! No, no, it's nothing like that....

Yeah.... I don't think Lady Lindsey and Cocaine Mitch want too many rocks turned over... they are afraid what might crawl out!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24110 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, I keep hearing about how wiley and crafty a politician is Pelosi. No, she's not.

There's exactly nothing about that woman that screams "intelligent" or "coherent." Her cheese? It has long since slipped off her cracker. My 99 year old grandmother who turns 100 in February is mentally sharper and makes more sense.

Pelosi is far from being some political grand-master or gamesman. The notion is comical.

But, but .. She has Sheila Jackson Lee on her side.

Just sayin'.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I saw a photo of Nancy Pelosi, Jerry Nadler, Adam Schiff and Maxine Waters, and I thought: if you scraped all the stupidity and corruption off every other American and weighed it against those four, you could not tip the scale.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, just what exactly do you think the Republicans in the Senate are "covering up"? Senator Graham is correct- this is nothing but a crock.

Tell me- specifically- what you think is at the heart of this grand conspiracy you guys are hinting at. I don't see it. Not at all. What have the Republicans done that they need to cover up?

If you guys want to be pissed off at everyone inolved with this fiasco be my guest, but I think your anger is misdirected. Hell, be mad at President Trump, too, if it makes you feel better.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, just what exactly do you think the Republicans in the SeNate are "covering up"? Senator Graham is correct- this is nothing but a crock.

Wouldn't you like to see Joe Biden and Hunter under oath answering questions about Barisma? Do you not think others-- Democrat and Republican-- might be uncovered? It's not a conspiracy theory that Hunter was paid $86,000 a month for doing nothing, and that Joe was certainly part of that deal.

I'm not mad at President Trump, and don't see how I implied that.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That is not an answer to my question. All you're doing is speculating. "Something else" might be uncovered. Well, that's enough of a reason to put the Republicans in the Senate up against the wall for a firing squad, isn't it? We're going to run out of allies if everyone gets accused.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I don't know what else to say if you think that is not an answer....

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You think Graham says the Senate won't waste time calling witnesses- not because this entire impeachment fiasco is an obvious sham and therefore, calling witnesses is a waste of time- but because he is worrying about corruption on the Republican side might be uncovered. Come on. Loosen your tinfoil hat and stop shooting down our allies.

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I live in a district with a Republican congressman, who I think will reliably support Trump on impeachment. I can't write directly to other reps in Florida, except by snail mail as the online system filters out people who aren't constituents.

So I thought I'd write to my guy, and ask him to go after Dems in Florida who flipped previously red districts.

Here's a copy of my letter. Feel free to use it and adapt to your circumstances if you have a rep that you can ask to lobby other reps.

quote:
The Honorable Ross Spano

Dear Representative Spano:

I trust that you will stand with the President, and your constituents and vote against any Articles of Impeachment presented to the full House by the Judiciary Committee.

The purpose of my note, however, is to encourage your Florida Democratic colleagues to vote against impeachment as well. Not all of your colleagues are from "safe" districts. In addition, some may wish for wider state or federal office. Their votes on these matters won't be forgotten. I am thinking particularly of Representative Stephanie Murphy. I am told by a republican pollster who is a good friend, that she is a good person, a good legislator, and a conscientious individual. We will always have an opposition party in this country, and it should be populated by people like her.

I have concluded that I will never cast a vote for any person who votes to impeach the President on these thin grounds. If she ever has hope of wider office than her blue-purple district, she can't afford to lose people like me.

Please lobby your colleagues who are persuadable that this impeachment is unjustified, constitutionally suspect, unnecessarily divisive, and politically foolish.

Most respectfully yours,

ArtieS
Clermont

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Corruption on the Democrat side of his friends and allies, and possibly on the Republican side. Yep, I think that.

And BTW, some conspiracies are real. What is the whole attempted coup against the president if not a conspiracy? And on a big scale involving FBI, CIA, and the main stream media.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Again, I asked you for specifics and you produced speculation. You don't know of any such "corruption" on the Republican side, related to this matter.

How many allies does the President have? And some of you guys want to execute them as well. And then, who in Washington will be left?

Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
You want me to name the names of other Democrats who might have been involved along with Joe and Hunter? It's through investigation-- such as calling witnesses under oath-- that we learn that kind of information.

I'm not attacking "Republicans" when I say that it's possible some might be involved, any more than I am attacking "Catholics" if I say some priests are pedophiles.

I would like to see Republican senators call witnesses-- how about Adam Schiff?-- and grill them under oath.

To you I'm a conspiracy nut. Okay....

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Again, I asked you for specifics and you produced speculation. You don't know of any such "corruption" on the Republican side, related to this matter.

How many allies does the President have? And some of you guys want to execute them as well. And then, who in Washington will be left?
You're absolutely right in that we don't know for sure Repubs are hip deep in corrupt behavior like Sleepy Joe and his Coked Up Kid. However, Graham and McConnell's behavior does cause me to question what they're up to. We're way beyond simply proving Trump innocent. The Dem's have failed miserably in the House, and if they're stupid enough to take a completely partisan vote on this (and they are) and send it over to the senate, they've tee'd up an opportunity to have hearings whereby the Repub's could decimate the Dem party less than a year before an election. Proving Trump innocent of wrong doing shouldn't be the focus at this point. The focus should be to inflict major, long lasting, damage to the Dem party. That's why I don't understand Graham and McConnell's current approach to simply blow this thing off as a 'sham', foregoing an opportunity to inflict damage and pain.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, by all means, let's do drag this fiasco- this obscenity- out some more so that you can see Adam Schiff testify. That's a good reason to draw this out- so that you and others can get your jollies.

This mess needs to go away ASAP. The result will be the same, witnesses or no, so let's get it over with quickly.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:

If, as all the evidence indicates, Hunter Biden was involved in corruption on a grand scale in Ukraine, it was not only appropriate for the president to make inquires about Biden to the president of Ukraine, it was incumbent on President Trump to do so.

What's the Democrat's argument--that a presidential candidate (Biden) is immune from investigation by his political opponent (Trump) or that Trump, because he's the President, can't ask anyone, in particular a foreign country, to investigate corruption by a political opponent? They would have to say 'yes' to both parts for their impeachment argument to have any merit.

Year V

Posts: 2631 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post