SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe cocaine Mitch is a little concerned that if too many layers of the onion gets peeled back in a open Senate hearing some of the Ukraine ugly might be on some Republicans as well...

Including Cocaine Mitch himself. Not Ukraine, but China.

The majority leader is not beloved by Kentucky voters. His dismal approval numbers back home frequently earn him the distinction as the Senate’s most unpopular member. He often responds to critics by touting his ability to bring home federal bacon.

Mr. McConnell is not the only member of Ms. Chao’s family raising eyebrows. The House Oversight and Reform Committee is investigating the secretary for possible conflicts of interest involving Foremost Group, a New York-based shipping company owned by her father and sisters. Much of the company’s business is centered in China, and the Chao family, The Times reported in June, enjoys “an extraordinary proximity to power in China for an American family, marked not only by board memberships in state companies, but also by multiple meetings with the country’s former top leader.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/1...mitch-mcconnell.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
Maybe cocaine Mitch is a little concerned that if too many layers of the onion gets peeled back in a open Senate hearing some of the Ukraine ugly might be on some Republicans as well and would rather not expose that. Don't think for a minute that there is no corruption stink on the Republican side of the aisle.

Yes. there is "stink" on the republican side. All of which needs to be made public, & term limits imposed. All these career politicraPs need go the hell home, and without their fat pensions! I noticed quite some time ago that these politicraps had no hesitation when it came to term limits for the president!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
All the news on their being issues between Trump and McConnell are bullshit.

Cocaine Mitch knows the score and is a wiley old coot - he'll 'get er done'.

Works to Farm
Picture of Kyjondeere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
All the news on their being issues between Trump and McConnell are bullshit.

Cocaine Mitch knows the score and is a wiley old coot - he'll 'get er done'.

Agreed

Posts: 600 | Location: Western KY | Registered: November 16, 2009Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
This is what can happen when a wealthy patriot is elected to lead a nation. He can't be bought, he can't be bullied, he can't be bargained with. He's got "fuck you" money all day long and he's going to do things his way. His way is working and it's making positive gains for this country like I've never seen in my lifetime. So yeah.

Stated very succinctly, sir my sentiments exactly.

Thanks. In the interests of full disclosure and giving proper credit, I stole a line from Terminator, but it seemed more than appropriate. Big Grin

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Here is a link to a tweet that has a little video clip of Nadler at his sham hearing today. This is amazing. Roll Eyes

quote:

Benny

Verified account

@bennyjohnson

What a complete muppet Jerry Nadler is.

Watch this unelected jack wad saddle Nadler, grab his arm & bang the Chairman’s gavel for him in order to silence @mattgaetz - an elected *member* of Congress.

What a lawless kangaroo court.

Nadler is a Muppet:

Nadler

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Matt Gaetz is one of my new heroes. Seriously. That guy is the full fury of truth, and I love it.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 808:
I was able to make it to the Rally in Hershey Pa but not early enough to get inside.
Arrived by 3:30 pm for a start at 7:00 pm. The crowd was already around 10,000 outside. The Giant Stadium in Hersey only holds just over 10,000. Waiting in line which was moving the entire time but at about 6:00 pm the stadium was full and no more people let in.

It was still very heart warming to be with the large crowd hoping to get in. Everyone was very nice and polite. No trash on the ground very clean. Watching the jumbo screen in line outside came time for the singing of the national anthem and you could hear a pin drop the crowd all stood at attention and hats came off everyone’s head and all began singing along. That was a moment I will always remember.

I was worried about the news stories leading up to today talking about all the protesters coming to the event. But when we arrived at 3:30 pm only a handful of people could be seen standing in the protest area. I noticed a person yelling over to the small group “Is this all you got”? It appeared someone yelled back don’t worry the busses arrive at 5 :30 .

However when leaving we only noticed maybe 100 protesters but they could not be heard because of all the pro Trump people .

I would love to hear from anyone else that may have been lucky enough to get inside.

A couple friends of mine went (they arrived at 12 NOON!) and said it as a really good time. Far leftwing MSNBC douchenozzle Katie Tur was caught on a live mic expressing astonishment at the size and energy of the crowd.

Naturally I'm seeing lots of pure hate today from all the Philly leftists on a Philadelphia Inquirer Facebook post; "it was a Klan rally" "it's all paid people attending" "look at all those stupid people" "a bunch of angry old white people" (it wasn't); my friend told me there were plenty of African Americans, Hispanics, Asians, younger people and a large group of Hasidic Jews even.

These people have learned NOTHING from the mistake they made in 2016 discounting and sneering at all of us a bunch of stupid "Deplorables". Roll Eyes

Posts: 33769 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
so now Pelosi is stating the impeachment has been going on 2 1/2 years!!! How much does THIS contradict many of the statements in House witnesses?

"On Tuesday in Washington, D.C., at Politico’s Women Rule Summit, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) admitted the impeachment process of President Donald Trump has been going on for “two and a half” years.

When asked about criticisms of “the speed” of the House Democrats impeachment, Pelosi replied, “Speed? It’s been going on 22 months—two and a half years, actually.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...half-years-actually/

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Listened to Hannity on the way home from work squaking about CNN and MSNBC not airing Rep. Lindsey Graham’s opening statement on the Horowitz IG report.

Cannot say I blame them.
Watching Graham’s opening statement on DVR and need to fast forward after 15 minutes.

Graham is boring, boring, boring.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You have missed the point by a country mile.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
True, however presentation style does influence the audience.
I was hoping for a bit more from Rep. Graham’s opening statement.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Still missing it

CNN et al not covering the opening of today's hearing has precisely dick to do with anyone's "style"

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
They got nothing, but keep pressing like the arrogant, entitled, short sighted fools they are. I've never seen anyone like Trump wth his ability to slip the jab and come back swinging. Should be a landslide in 2020.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea, impeach Trump in January of 2020, and then watch him take a second term in 2021 after an election landslide only Dictators can achieve.

Democrats and Never Trumpers are playing with a fire that will engulf them.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

posted Hide Post
GOP lawmaker demands alleged whistleblower Eric Ciaramella testify

https://www.washingtonexaminer...c-ciaramella-testify

Republican Rep. Louie Gohmert said the alleged whistleblower Eric Ciaramella should testify in the House's impeachment proceedings.

He made the demand during the House Judiciary Committee's hearing on Wednesday night regarding the articles of impeachment against President Trump. Gohmert was railing against how the Democrats have handled the investigation and subsequent hearings, and he noted that there were several individuals he thought should testify about the situation.

"A vague abuse of power, obstruction of Congress, the very things the majority has done in preventing us from having the witnesses that could shed light on this, not opinion, but fact witnesses. We needed to hear from those witnesses," Gohmert said. "People like Sean Misko [a former National Security Council aide who joined Adam Schiff's staff], Abigail Grace [who also worked at the NSC], Eric Ciaramella, Devon Archer [an American businessman who worked at Burisma], Joe Biden, Nellie Ohr [a contractor for Fusion GPS in 2015 and 2016], and Alexander Chalupa, and so many others. They don’t want fact witnesses. Let’s hear from professors who hate Donald Trump, who are willing to sell their education just to make a point against somebody they don’t like. This is a dangerous, dangerous time in America."

Ciaramella, 33, a career CIA analyst, was Ukraine director on the National Security Council during the end of the Obama administration and remained there during the early months of the Trump administration when he was briefly acting senior director for European and Russian affairs.

The Washington Examiner reported on Oct. 7 that Ciaramella is a deputy national intelligence officer for Russia and Eurasia on the National Intelligence Council, reporting to the director of national intelligence.

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
They’ve got nothing, and they know it. We know it. They know we know it. But they’re fully committed now. We’re gonna do this dance, regardless. 2020 is going to be a righteous bloodbath for the Dems at the voting booth.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:

2020 is going to be a righteous bloodbath for the Dems at the voting booth.

Oh God, that is my fondest prayer.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
They keep fuckin’ around the way they have, they’re gonna learn. 2016 was nothing compared to what what they’re going to shape 2020 into. Two words: Tar. Baby.

posted Hide Post
OMB defends 'appropriate action' to hold Ukraine aid

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-to-hold-ukraine-aid

The White House budget office defended its temporary hold on Ukraine as an "appropriate action" in a letter to a congressional watchdog agency, saying the Pentagon was allowed to decide how to allocate funds while a review was underway.

The Office of Management and Budget's General Counsel Mark Paoletta wrote to the Government Accountability Office in defense of the hold on Wednesday evening as the House prepares to vote next week on impeaching President Trump for withholding the aid.

Paoletta wrote in the nine-page letter, obtained by the Washington Examiner, that the office believes its action was lawful and proper.

A "footnote" was placed July 25 on the majority of a $250 million allocation of aid passed by Congress, the letter said. The language, issued the same day as Trump requested investigation of Democrats in a conversation with Ukraine's president, authorized continued work to decide on how to spend the aid.

The prohibition stated, according to the letter:

"Amounts apportioned, but not yet obligated as of the date of this reapportionment, for the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (Initiative) are not available for obligation until August 5, 2019, to allow for an interagency process to determine the best use of such funds. Based on 0MB's communication with DOD on July 25, 2019, 0MB understands from the Department that this brief pause in obligations will not preclude POP'S timely execution of the final policy direction. DOD may continue its planning and casework for the Initiative during this period."

Paoletta wrote that "the action of adding the footnote to the apportionment made approximately $214 million in unobligated [Ukraine aid] funds legally unavailable for obligation, but still permitted DOD to engage in any needed activities up to the point of obligation. Each time this temporary pause in obligations was extended, 0MB emphasized (in either the apportionment footnote itself or in subsequent conversations with DOD) that the apportionment would permit DOD to engage in all of the activities short of actual obligation that were necessary to ensure that, following a policy decision."

The apportionment footnote was removed on Sept. 12, ahead of a Sept. 30 deadline to allocate the funds.

Some of Trump's defenders argue that the release of aid moots questions about Trump's motive. Paoletta's letter does not specifically address the reasons for review, but said a "policy process" was performed.

"It was 0MB's understanding that a brief period was needed, prior to the funds expiring, to engage in a policy process regarding those funds," Paoletta wrote. "0MB took appropriate action, in light of a pending policy process, to ensure that funds were not obligated prematurely in a manner that could conflict with the President's foreign policy."
News

Posts: 12658 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post