SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
Clinton got impeached and he actually broke a law--lying under oath. He still got re-elected.

Clinton was impeached during his second term.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, gee, what a surprise. I am shocked:

Loudmouth Leftist "Bisexual" Pamela Karlan was considered for SCOTUS

How'd ya like to have this angry bitch on the Supreme Court? An RBG junior. Just fucking lovely. Can you imagine? Today, she showed exactly the kind of stuff she's made of, attacking a 13 year old boy who has nothing to do with any of this. How'd ya like to have this unethical trash sitting on SCOTUS? Mad

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107562 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
The Advocate. Don’t even need to read it..

Posts: 1223 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I couldn't tear myself away and heard somewhere between 2 and 3 hours of the circus today. It was a thousand times worse than the previous hearings, what a complete joke. If anyone tuning in couldn't see exactly what was going on I feel bad for them.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They're undermining Trumps ability to lead and negotiate with foreign leaders and countries. Remember when John Kerry told a foreign leader or country Trump wouldn't finish his first term.

This has moved from political postering to "Sedition":
Description- "Sedition is overt conduct, such as speech and organization, that tends toward insurrection against the established order. Sedition often includes subversion of a constitution and incitement of discontent towards, or resistance against established authority."

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
This “Professor” Pamela Karlan looks like she chains herself to trees the weekend as a hobby. I cant believe these clowns were called in to testify.

I bet she is friends with Christine Blasey Ford. Seriously.
They are only a few miles apart: Palo Alto from Stanford.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimineer:
quote:
This “Professor” Pamela Karlan looks like she chains herself to trees the weekend as a hobby. I cant believe these clowns were called in to testify.

Umm, isn’t Stanford in Palo Alto?

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Oh, gee, what a surprise. I am shocked:

Loudmouth Leftist "Bisexual" Pamela Karlan was considered for SCOTUS

How'd ya like to have this angry bitch on the Supreme Court? An RBG junior. Just fucking lovely. Can you imagine? Today, she showed exactly the kind of stuff she's made of, attacking a 13 year old boy who has nothing to do with any of this. How'd ya like to have this unethical trash sitting on SCOTUS? Mad

Round and round we go.Now we know why she is loved by the Democrats.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
re: "John Kerry told a foreign leader or country Trump wouldn't finish his first term."

oddly enough, it was 'president JF'n kerry' that didn't finish his first term....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
The previous page had a 51 sec video of Matt Gaetz

This link has a longer video of 5'23"

Matt Gaetz rips em apart. outstanding

https://theconservativetreehou...-family/#more-177763

What a collection of pompous elites of the self evaluated "superior class"

https://youtu.be/i-whuCh505w

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/poli...mp-during-testimony/

First Lady Melania Trump criticized a Democrat impeachment witness for making fun of her teenage son Barron Trump’s name during the impeachment hearing.

“A minor child deserves privacy and should be kept out of politics. Pamela Karlan, you should be ashamed of your very angry and obviously biased public pandering, and using a child to do it,” the first lady wrote on Twitter.

Earlier in the afternoon, White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham also voiced her disgust.

“Classless move by a Democratic ‘witness,'” Grisham wrote on Twitter. “Professor Karlan uses a teenage boy who has nothing to do with this joke of a hearing (and deserves privacy) as a punchline.”

Democrats in the impeachment hearing laughed at the comparison, despite Kaplan clearly making fun of Barron Trump’s name.

Grisham condemned all of the Democrats in the room for laughing.

“What’s worse, it’s met by laughter in the hearing room,” she wrote. “What is being done to this country is no laughing matter.”

Young children of presidents are traditionally considered by Americans to be off-limits for mockery or criticism.

Others on Twitter also criticized Kaplan for her awkward political stunt, including Donald Trump Jr.

“How vile of a person do you have to be to attack a 13-year-old child on national TV for laughs?” he asked. “Apparently, vile enough to be the supposed star witness for Democrats. Grotesque.”

posted Hide Post
Pamela Karlan Unleashed: ‘Trump Has Sexually Assaulted More Women than 99.99%’ of All Illegal Immigrants

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-illegal-immigrants/

Standford Law School professor Pamela Susan Karlan, one of three Democrat witnesses testifying before the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday as part of the ongoing impeachment inquiry, once asserted hyperbolically that President Donald Trump “has sexually assaulted more women than 99.99 percent of all of the people” who have illegally entered the United States.

Karlan made the remark, among other rants that were critical of the president, speaking on a 2017 panel organized by the American Constitution Society featuring Bill Kristol, founder of the defunct Weekly Standard, and moderated by the Washington Post‘s Ruth Marcus.

“Every day Trump says something outrageous and people go, ‘ah, at least it’s not as outrageous as the day-before thing,’ the professor began. “I remember this during the campaign, where he would say things, and you would think, ‘okay, that’s the end.’ When he mocked John McCain for having been shot down. When he made fun of the reporter with the disability. When the infamous tapes about grabbing women came out, and you kept thinking… Donald Trump has sexually assaulted more women than 99.99% of all of the people who have entered this country illegally.”

“By himself, he’s done more. And people have stopped — think about it, because it’s just like every day it’s a new one. And I worry about that, because I think that may stop us from ever getting to the red-light moment,” she added.

Karlan’s comments have resurfaced as she told House Judiciary panel members today that President Trump’s activities with Ukraine are impeachable offenses by using an analogy about a hypothetical disaster in Texas or Louisiana to explain why the president should be ousted.

“Imagine living in a part of Louisiana or Texas that’s prone to devastating hurricanes and flooding. What would you think if you lived there and your governor asked for a meeting with the president to discuss getting disaster aid that Congress has provided for? What would you think if that president said, ‘I would like you to do us a favor? I’ll meet with you, and send the disaster relief, once you brand my opponent a criminal,’ she said. “Wouldn’t you know in your gut that such a president has abused his office? That he’d betrayed the national interest, and that he was trying to corrupt the electoral process? I believe the evidentiary record shows wrongful acts on those scale here.”

Karlan began her appearance before the House committee on a contentious note, scolding the panel’s ranking member, Rep. Doug Collins (R-GA), in her opening statement and taking a bizarre dig at Trump’s teenage son Barron.

Joining Karlan in appearing before the panel were University of North Carolina Law School’s Michael Gerhardt, Harvard Law School’s Noah Feldman, and George Washing University law professor Jonathan Turley, the sole Republican witness.

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that about sums it up.

BORING! House Judiciary Chairman Jerrold Nadler Nods Off During His Own Impeachment Hearing (VIDEO)
Cristina Laila by Cristina Laila December 4, 2019

The impeachment hearing is so boring that the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee Jerrold Nadler nodded off as GOP Rep. Chabot blasted him for his hypocrisy.

The four ‘witnesses’ testifying to the House Judiciary Committee have never actually witnessed any of Trump’s dealings with Ukraine firsthand — the four witnesses are law professors offering legal analysis.

As Rep. Steve Chabot (R-OH) was blasting Nadler and the Democrat party for their sham impeachment circus, Nadler nodded off a few times, but quickly caught himself and jerked his head back up.

More at link.
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...hment-hearing-video/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
Gaetz to the 'witnesses':

'Please raise your hand if you have personal knowledge of a fact referenced in the Schiff Report'

*crickets*

Big Grin

Loved it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, I think so too. AFAIK, they haven’t moved it. Smile

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8945 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
quote:

Nope. Stanford U is in Stanford, CA and Palo Alto Univ. is in Palo Alto according to Wikipedia. But apparently Ford also does research at Stanford as well.

Maybe they are beach friends.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
All you need to know about this Pamela Karlan, was brought out by Rep. Gaetz:

“Did you donate $2,000 to Hillary Clinton?”

“Uhhh, ummm...I think...so?”

Roll Eyes

Posts: 33799 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
OK Ms. Pelosi....let's roll.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by signewt:
OK Ms. Pelosi....let's roll.

Maybe some context here? Did she announce moving forward on articles of impeachment or something?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)