SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Funny Man
Picture of TXJIM
posted Hide Post
Could it be a false bump due to him having a disproportionate number of supporters who are open to getting poled?

Posts: 7093 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 29, 2010Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:

Arrrggghhh.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TXJIM:
Could it be a false bump due to him having a disproportionate number of supporters who are open to getting poled?

BWAH!

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
ltr from Nadler to President Trump

sounds like DEMs plan to add Mueller's BS obstruction charges

From CTH:

Candidate Trump was framed for stealing a horse

President Trump was subsequently accused of trying too hard to avoid hanging for it.

Prosecutor Mueller eventually conceded that Trump didn’t steal the horse; however, by then the focus was on Trump’s efforts to avoid the hanging.

Eventually Mueller testified; it surfaced there was never a horse to begin with… Impeachment was stalled

Prosecutor Jerry Nadler is attempting to resurrect a legal theory that President Trump can still be hung for attempting to avoid the hanging, even if there was no horse theft.

Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
CTH:
quote:
Prosecutor Jerry Nadler is attempting to resurrect a legal theory that President Trump can still be hung for attempting to avoid the hanging, even if there was no horse theft.

==================================
I say screw Nadler, and the horse he didn't ride in on.

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Happy MAGAday!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
This is utterly astonishing. Trump keeps trolling the left. They fall for it every single time. Get egg on their face. Do they learn from that? Nope. He trolls them again. They fall for it again. They get egg on their face again.

He's been doing it to them continuously ever since he took office.

Wow.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
This is utterly astonishing. Trump keeps trolling the left. They fall for it every single time. Get egg on their face. Do they learn from that? Nope. He trolls them again. They fall for it again. They get egg on their face again.

Wow.
How does that old saying go...Fool me once, same on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times and it proves I'm a frickin' moron.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
From Jack Posobiec:

Newsweek 11/28/19 11:15

How is Trump spending Thanksgiving ? Tweeting, golfing, and more

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

well lots more

Air Force One touched down in Afghanistan at 11:03 AM EST

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...ving-day-activities/

Newsweek Fires Reporter Who Wrote Inaccurate Story On Trump’s Thanksgiving Day Activities

by Eric A. Blair
November 30, 2019 0 Comments

On Thanksgiving, rather than just enjoying the day, the editors and reporters at the once-great magazine that is now a pathetic rag decided to go after Trump.

“How is Trump spending Thanksgiving? Tweeting, golfing and more,” wrote reporter Jessica Kwong, who linked to an article she wrote that speculated about Trump’s activities for holiday.

“As with any other day of the year, Trump will probably be tweeting, or expressing his opinions in another way. On Thanksgiving Eve, Trump tweeted an image of his head on the body of Rocky Balboa, the fictional boxer portrayed by actor Sylvester Stallone in numerous movies,” Kwong wrote in her story.

Oops.

It turned out that when Kwong was writing her story — and long after her editors had published it — Trump was flying to Afghanistan to meet with troops and help serve them a Thanksgiving dinner.

Trump enjoyed the misfire.

“I thought Newsweek was out of business?” he wrote on Twitter.

It pretty much did. The Washington Post sold Newsweek in 2010 for a dollar to a stereo equipment mogul, and the “news” site went full Never Trump.

Now, Newsweek has fired Kwong.

“Newsweek investigated the failures that led to the publication of the inaccurate report that President Trump spent Thanksgiving tweeting and golfing rather than visiting troops in Afghanistan,” a Newsweek representative told the Washington Examiner. “The story has been corrected, and the journalist responsible has been terminated. We will continue to review our processes and, if required, take further action.”

Ouch.

The article was rewritten, with a note added at the end that read: “This story has been substantially updated and edited at 6:17 p.m. EST to reflect the president’s surprise trip to Afghanistan. Additional reporting by James Crowley.”

Before she was canned, Kwong addressed the update on social media tweeting, “Trump headed to Afghanistan to surprise U.S. troops on Thanksgiving. Deleting this tweet because it was written before knowing about the president’s surprise visit to Afghanistan — an honest mistake. Story has already been updated, as shown in the screenshot.”

Gotta’ say, she’s right. She was fired for writing a story her editors ordered up, driven by their deep hatred for Trump. She wrote it, they posted it. Maybe the editors who assigned the story and posted it should get the axe, too.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

Wow.
How does that old saying go...Fool me once, same on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times and it proves I'm a frickin' moron.

...Charlie Brown, Lucy, and the football.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

Before she was canned, Kwong addressed the update on social media tweeting, “Trump headed to Afghanistan to surprise U.S. troops on Thanksgiving. Deleting this tweet because it was written before knowing about the president’s surprise visit to Afghanistan — an honest mistake. Story has already been updated, as shown in the screenshot.”

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Regarding the Newsweek article, it is entirely possible that they simply reported what was known at the time--the travel to Afghanistan was a secret and they could not have known about it. Perhaps it would have been better to not have written anything until after the day was over and his complete activity was known, but no "news" agency is going to do that. One can, of course, make the accusation that the article was intended to shed a negative light on our President (an activity that is very common), but I'm not convinced it was in this case. Just a case of premature publication of incomplete knowledge.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
Before she was canned, Kwong addressed the update on social media tweeting, “Trump headed to Afghanistan to surprise U.S. troops on Thanksgiving. Deleting this tweet because it was written before knowing about the president’s surprise visit to Afghanistan — an honest mistake.

Lyin' bitch.
Read my bottom signature.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16690 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
It’s the fucking news supposedly. They can either pretend to be the news or they can pretend to be psychic. You can’t write news about future events and pretend it’s news. Fuck her and them.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Just a case of premature publication of incomplete knowledge.

flashguy

You mean, as opposed to just making stuff up? I'll have to agree with pedropcola on this. You can't just have a bunch of pre-written garbage prepared for whatever you think is going to drive the most clicks as soon as it's considered a "breaking" story that can be live updated in real time. That isn't journalism, that's nonsense. Either report an event, or don't, but having a selection of preconceived nonsense ready to deploy for any situation is NOT what we have ever relied on these people for, and I contend that they're no longer performing their required role in society. It's not news if it's pre-written bullshit. It's propaganda.

I'm gonna go ahead and just leave these here:

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas:

“I felt as though in my life I had been looking at the wrong people as the people who would be problematic toward me. We were told that, ‘Oh, it’s gonna be the bigot in the pickup truck; it’s gonna be the Klansmen; it’s gonna be the rural sheriff,’” Thomas said

“But it turned out that through all of that, ultimately the biggest impediment was the modern-day liberal,”

“They were the ones who would discount all those things because they have one issue or because they have the power to caricature you."

Thomas said the confirmation hearing was designed as an attempt to get rid of him.

“Do I have like stupid written on the back of my shirt? I mean come on. We know what this is all about,” Thomas said. “People should just tell the truth: ‘This is the wrong black guy; he has to be destroyed.’ Just say it. Then now we’re at least honest with each other.”

He added that “the idea was to get rid of me.”

“And then after I was there, it was to undermine me,”

https://www.breitbart.com/ente...iment-than-klansmen/

Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
This is what makes the Supreme Court a political animal as much as it is anything else. The process of confirmation is hyper political and judges such as Thomas and now Kavanaugh cannot simply put these types of attacks behind them. Nor should they necessarily. They certainly influence their opinions going forward.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8530 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
DEM candidate Pete Buttigieg is getting a lot of attention and rising , in the polls.
His hard campaign thrusting is allowing him to come from behind.

added a comma. enhances the meaning, I think

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Report This Post