SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
This Sondland #metoo is quite strange. The left launched this on him because he somehow failed them in his testimony under cross examination? Well so did every single one of their other witnesses!! Why is he being singled out?

When every one of these witnesses had to admit under cross examination and under oath that they had no direct evidence of the President doing anything wrong. No quid pro quo, no bribery, nothing. I wondered then what in the hell is Schiff and the rest of them doing? Sending these people out there to say the President did nothing wrong!?!?

Makes absolutely no sense. Now this #metoo campaign launched against Sondland? I'm confused. Sondland is really screwed now. He outed himself as a never Trumper in a effort to help the Democrats impeachment effort and less than a week later the Democrats are doing this?
Confused

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8529 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Maybe it’s a warning to others that this is what happens when you don’t obey.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
This Sondland #metoo is quite strange. The left launched this on him because he somehow failed them in his testimony under cross examination? Well so did every single one of their other witnesses!! Why is he being singled out?
It seems that the left presumed that he was going to be the guy to take out President Trump. Why this is so, I don't know, but I was hearing this before he testified.

Still, I am surprised that the left is whipping out this same old shit which is so obvious. How lame. What a joke.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107553 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:

When every one of these witnesses had to admit under cross examination and under oath that they had no direct evidence of the President doing anything wrong. No quid pro quo, no bribery, nothing. I wondered then what in the hell is Schiff and the rest of them doing? Sending these people out there to say the President did nothing wrong!?!?

Makes absolutely no sense. Now this #metoo campaign launched against Sondland? I'm confused. Sondland is really screwed now. He outed himself as a never Trumper in a effort to help the Democrats impeachment effort and less than a week later the Democrats are doing this?
Confused

Because he was a Trump supporter and even gave money to him and was also picked by Trump to be the Ambassador. After his original closed door testimony, the left went after his businesses. Soon after he "clarified" his testimony and said there really was quid pro quo. Then he gave that 45 minute opening statement implying strongly that there was quid pro quo. But he quickly folded over like a cheap suit under questioning from the Republicans. It is because he didn't lie completely under oath that they are going after him again.

The other fake witnesses are left aligned deep state hacks so they obviously get a pass.

But hey, that's just my "presumption..."

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30406 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
New Poll Shows Black Voters Are Raising Their Voices in Support of President Donald Trump

https://tennesseestar.com/2019...sident-donald-trump/

wo new polls show black support for U.S. Republican President Donald Trump at or slightly above 34 percent, and that means the president could get 20 percent of the black vote next year, an expert said.

Both Emerson and Rasmussen, two well recognized polling firms, show black support for the president at 34.5 percent and 34 percent, respectively.

Former Nashville mayoral candidate Carol Swain, who is also a former professor of political science and law at Vanderbilt University, said Monday this news will likely impact the 2020 presidential election.

“I believe that if we continue to do what we are doing now, and expand it some, that it would be realistic for the president to expect to receive about 20 percent of the black vote. And if he gets 20 percent of the actual black vote then it would be destructive to the Democratic Party,” Swain said.

“As a consequence we can expect that they (Democrats) will fight back with more lies and accusations. There is a problem with crying racism all the time and calling the president a white nationalist — it has become like the boy who cried wolf. And they’re constantly throwing it out at people to the point that it’s totally devalued.”

As The Tennessee Star reported earlier this month, Swain is one of 35 and counting African-Americans involved with a new initiative to share stories about Trump and his accomplishments as president.

The initiative, called Black Voices for Trump, launched this month in Atlanta. Black Voices for Trump is comprised of black business owners, healthcare professionals, law enforcement officers, veterans, educators, activists and patriots, according to a press release.

According to a Black Voices for Trump press release, Trump’s 34 percent approval rating among African-Americans directly correlates with promises he made — and kept — to the black community.

“You can’t dispute the fact that African-Americans have been benefiting from President Trump’s policies,” Donald J. Trump for President Senior Advisor Katrina Pierson said in a statement, adding:

Four years ago, the president asked the black community, ‘What do you have to lose;’ now we are thinking, ‘Imagine what we stand to gain!’ African Americans are key beneficiaries of the America First agenda, and the presidents growing support within the black community is a testament to the historic accomplishments made during this administration.

Leading the Black Voices for Trump board of advisors as co-chairs are: Herman Cain of Georgia, Lynnette “Diamond” Hardaway of North Carolina, Rochelle “Silk” Richardson of North Carolina and Pastor Darrell Scott of Ohio.

Other key members include Elbert Guillory of Louisiana, Niger Innis of Nevada, and Stacey Dash of Florida.

I hate to quote your entire post, but this right here is BIG.

The demoncrats are fucking HORRIFIED that trump will win again. This proves that he will if they ‘fail’ and can’t remove him from office.

Assholes.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for the Dems to start a Congressional inquiry on the legality of Trumps Presidential pardon of the two Thanksgiving turkeys. Maybe the ninth circuit court will step in & nullify it.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I'm waiting for the Dems to start a Congressional inquiry on the legality of Trumps Presidential pardon of the two Thanksgiving turkeys. Maybe the ninth circuit court will step in & nullify it.

Damn right! I know there’s a quid pro quo! Let’s get Lt. Col. Midget Twerp in to testify!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3964 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Sondland's only sin was residing in Portland. He was harassed when he got back to the airport after the first testimony and after the second appearance, he may as well not have returned to Oregon. His life will be ruined in this state because of the zombie activists that have nothing better to do with their lives than harass someone who worked for President Trump and failed to bring him down.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from the groups that take bets on the DEM presidential primary

Warren had opened a 30% lead, but it has evaporated.

The take away is that at the moment, it is a 4 way race with Biden, Warren, Buttigieg, and Sanders

What a group

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I think the dems have pretty much given up on the election.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
That's like hurricane spaghetti mapping.

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I love that chart of Harris the most. She spiked with that fake, manufactured-drama, one-liner ("That little girl was me.") attack on Biden. Fallen like a rock ever since.

Year V

Posts: 2630 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Ok, so let's assume that Trump declares some of the cartels terrorist organizations. Setting aside the, "let's kick ass!" nonsense that is not an answer, I'm not sure of the practical value unless Mexico signs on.

Unless Mexico asks for help, we aren't going to puts SF troops in Mexico and we aren't going to do drone strikes on our next door neighbors, not to mention that it is a technical act of war to attack the citizens of a sovereign nation, declaration aside.

Such a declaration would be a positive game changer without a doubt but we aren't going to send troops inside. We're already employing economic pressure and we can ramp it up more but short of Mexico agreeing, our in-country strikes won't happen.

Perhaps it gives him some flexibility at the border or provide support to Mexico. Or both.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6851 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
Ok, so let's assume that Trump declares some of the cartels terrorist organizations. Setting aside the, "let's kick ass!" nonsense that is not an answer, I'm not sure of the practical value unless Mexico signs on.

Unless Mexico asks for help, we aren't going to puts SF troops in Mexico and we aren't going to do drone strikes on our next door neighbors, not to mention that it is a technical act of war to attack the citizens of a sovereign nation, declaration aside.

Such a declaration would be a positive game changer without a doubt but we aren't going to send troops inside. We're already employing economic pressure and we can ramp it up more but short of Mexico agreeing, our in-country strikes won't happen.

Almost like the cartels are a "clear and present danger to the security of these United States"

Good book...bad movie

Declaring them a " terrorist organization " may open some doors legally in the way we deal with them but it could also pull in assets that may not be normally tasked to deal with them. Can you imagine seizing their funds....and attacking their infrastructure not just the mules and dealers.

What are the cartels gonna do....bring the beheading and car bombs to Texas, .....um yup, that's exactly what they will do.

But that would give the US the excuse they need to finally deal with border properly.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I keep thinking about their mantra " by any means necessary" and wonder what is next.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Travel ban. Simple and effective. It won't be lifted until the Mexican government however difficult it may be for them cleans it up themselves and it's verifiable. You're going to piss off much of our own citizenry with a travel ban but they may just have to spend their money in country instead. The cartel members getting caught coming across the border get clubbed like baby seals.

The ones already here and get caught get a micro explosive planted in their bodies and sent back to Mexico. If they get within 5 miles of the US border again the implant explodes! Big Grin

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8529 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Trump Says He Will Designate Mexican Cartels as Terrorists

EPOCH TIMES > https://reader.epoch.cloud/?to...a55&selDate=20191128
================================
"President Donald Trump said he will designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorist groups for their role in the trafficking of narcotics and people, prompting a speedy request for talks by Mexico.

“They will be designated,” Trump said in an interview with Bill O’Reilly that aired on Nov. 26. “I have been working on that for the last 90 days. You know, designation is not that easy, you have to go through a process, and we are well into that process.”......
"In the interview, Trump declined to say what steps he’ll take after formalizing the terrorist group designation.

“I don’t want to say what I am going to do, but they will be designated,” Trump said. “Look, we are losing 100,000 people a year to what is happening and what is coming through from Mexico.”.......
"Mexico’s foreign ministry issued a statement saying it would quickly seek a high-level meeting with U.S. State Department officials to address the legal designation, as well as the flow of arms and money to organized crime.

“The foreign minister will establish contact with his counterpart, Michael R. Pompeo, in order to discuss this very important issue for the bilateral agenda,” the ministry said.

Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador said Mexico would take up the issue after Thanksgiving and that he had asked his foreign minister to lead talks.

“Cooperation, yes, intervention, no,” López Obrador said in a morning news conference, when asked about Trump’s comments.".....
"On the day before Trump’s interview aired, Mexican Foreign Minister Marcelo Ebrard said that he didn’t expect the United States to designate cartels as terrorists. He said the two countries were already cooperating to fight cartels and suggested a designation was not necessary.

“I don’t think the United States will pursue this path because we’re working together, and I don’t think they would want to open up the possibility of Mexico invoking the same legal principles,” Ebrard told reporters."
================================
TRUMP HAS SHOT ACROSS THE BOW OF MEXICO LEADERS
....."Do something or I will".....
Wink

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
“BAGRAM AIR FIELD, Afghanistan (AP) — President Donald Trump paid a surprise Thanksgiving visit to Afghanistan, where he announced the U.S. and Taliban have been engaged in ongoing peace talks and said he believes the Taliban wants a ceasefire.

In his first trip to the site of America’s longest war, Trump arrived at Bagram Air Field shortly after 8:30 p.m. local time Thursday and spent more than two-and-a-half hours on the ground, serving turkey, thanking the troops and sitting down with Afghan President Ashraf Ghani…”

https://apnews.com/825e94e2f8b340aab6151b47e0aff161

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8941 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
That really chokes me up.

Thank God for President Trump!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
"The president told the troops he was honored to spend part of his holiday with them.

“There is nowhere I’d rather celebrate this Thanksgiving than right here with the toughest, strongest, best and bravest warriors on the face of the earth,” Trump said."

=====================================
Thank You for Supporting Our Troops, Mr. President!
=====================================
FOX NEWS VERSION OF THE STORY > https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ng-visit-with-troops

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post