SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The flood of angry veterans calling the Mark Levin show last night was almost overwhelming. To a man they decried the "call me Lt. Col." uppityness. A couple of points I heard:

Vindman's rank is Lt. Colonel. His TITLE is "colonel."

It's not necessary, or required, for a civilian to refer to a member of the military by his rank. Many civilians don't even know how rank is indicated.

No one seems overly concerned that Vindman skipped the chain of command. One caller wondered how he would have responded had a subordinate done the same. Good question.

Vindman may have violated security protocol by speaking to [he who cannot be named] since there is an Official Classifying Authority (OCA) on every communication made in the White House. Without knowing who he mentioned it to, he may have spilled classified information.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
A bit more about Vindman’s military history is discussed in this article.

Laughing At Americans’ Expense

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Shifting gears for just one post...

I'm as big a Trump supporter as anyone, but the latest "ad push" from the NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee - NOT a Trump Campaign organization) is to me, a bit over the top: Trump Gift Wrapping Paper! I mean, seriously???

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^ I think that's fantastic.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Shifting gears for just one post...

I'm as big a Trump supporter as anyone, but the latest "ad push" from the NRSC (National Republican Senatorial Committee - NOT a Trump Campaign organization) is to me, a bit over the top: Trump Gift Wrapping Paper! I mean, seriously???

I intend to use it to wrap gifts for the few liberals I know.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Vindman probably watched M*A*S*H growing up, and saw the episode when Frank Burns applied for and received a Purple Heart for a "shell fragment" in his eye. From an EGG shell... So he did the same thing. Was stuffing his face at the DFAC and had a dining-related injury... so "Purple Heart" time....

It was an
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
This seems to diminish the value of the Purple Heart.
quote:
Vindman, a 44-year-old Army combat veteran who received a Purple Heart for injuries sustained during the Iraq War.
Seems like it needs a disclaimer, “Returned to work on the same day of the injury.”

Maybe we need two levels of awards for injury sustained during war time.

To separate those which have suffered from those who had a boo boo, I would suggest awarding those with injuries such as LTC Vindman’s a Violet Band-Aid.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Televised Impeachment Proceedings Have Been A Disaster For Democrats

The Democrats' own witnesses have exonerated the president and have provided further evidence for investigating the Bidens for their business in Ukraine.

As public opinion remains unmoved among party lines, it showcases that the American people can see right through the partisan games by Democrats who have spent three years even with help from the mainstream media trying to impeach the president as the top priority on their policy agenda, and it will likely pose electoral consequences next fall.

https://thefederalist.com/2019...aster-for-democrats/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Heard on Hannity radio last night on the way home from work that Ciaramella was butt-buddies with another tool in the NSC that now is on Shifferbrains staff!!!! Both of these ass-clowns were reviled in the NSC for being hostile towards their co-workers, seemingly trying to "investigate" them all (the co-workers), had serious Trump Derangement Syndrome, and frequently leaked anti-Trump crap to the press.

And coincidentally Ciaramella's buddy was hired by Schifferbrains the same month the "complaint" came out. SO as Furlough pointed out, Vindman tells Ciaramella, who then tells his buddy in Schifferbrains' office and started this lunacy.

It seems pretty obvious that Schifferbrains knew all about this BS scheme ahead of time and then lied about it...wheres the investigation into that?

And the only reason Schifferbrains wants to keep "whistleblower's" name out of the press is to keep people from connecting the dots back to him....TOO LATE MELON FARMER!!

Link to article about the connection to Schifferbrains' office and the alleged "whistleblower"...

https://www.washingtonexaminer...lower-at-white-house

quote:
Originally posted by furlough:

I've been just reading summaries of these sham "hearings" but this Vindman asshole just set me off.

He pours his fat ass into a dress uniform - probably had to go buy the thing last week since he hasn't seen a uniform in years.

And a 44-year old light colonel? I was not a fast-track BTZ guy but I made Major in the Air Force when I was 32. Either this guy started really late or was a sluggo and stalled at some point.

And his petty "Call me Lieutenant Colonel" snap is exactly the kind of thing you expect from people who should never be in command but want it desperately.

The "leak" started with LTC Bearclaw. Yes, I believe the second person he told about the call was Ciaramella, who then ran to Shifty Schiff and blabbed. They both know it, and thus the dancing around and shutting down questions when they both claim to not know the identity of the whistle blower.

This arrogant prick thinks he should dictate US policy with the Ukraine, even though he disparaged the US in front of his superiors.

Fuck this useless deep state sack of shit and send him and his brand new uniform packing.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

The Democrats' own witnesses have exonerated the president and have provided further evidence for investigating the Bidens for their business in Ukraine.

As public opinion remains unmoved among party lines, it showcases that the American people can see right through the partisan games by Democrats who have spent three years even with help from the mainstream media trying to impeach the president as the top priority on their policy agenda, and it will likely pose electoral consequences next fall.

I think one of the biggest indicators this BS has fallen flat on its face is that CBS, another network doing continual coverage of the impeachment proceedings, returned to regular programming mid-day yesterday. Short of CNN and MSLSD, my bet is we'll see other networks do the same today or very soon. This whole thing is going nowhere but down the drain for the Dem's, and the networks are becoming very aware of this reality.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

I think one of the biggest indicators this BS has fallen flat on its face is that CBS, another network doing continual coverage of the impeachment proceedings, returned to regular programming mid-day yesterday. Short of CNN and MSLSD, my bet is we'll see other networks do the same today or very soon. This whole thing is going nowhere but down the drain for the Dem's.

It's outrageous that they're airing this crap instead of the Price is Right. OUTRAGEOUS!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Uh huh...it's all starting to come out about this shithead Vindman who is looking like HE was the real whistleblower Roll Eyes

'Never Partisan' impeachment witness Vindman was a registered Democrat

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PASig,

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
From the comments at the Federalist article, cited above:

Two thoughts:

1. Liberals were able to take down Nixon because Nixon set the precedent for candidates campaigning as Americans but governing as liberals. While campaigning Nixon spoke oh so eloquently about the "silent majority". Yet when that silent majority elected him, he betrayed us be supporting things like abortion, gun control, affirmative action, and to show he meant it, he started two new federal bureaucracies, the EPA and Department of Energy. Liberals that never learned to work and play well with others thought the presidency belonged to them alone. So, when they went to take down Nixon, Nixon had no defenders. This most assuredly won't be the case with Trump.

2. Back during election, Democrats loved lecturing Americans on how we knew nothing about Trump, and of course they were right. What Democrats only queasily will admit is that we knew all about ¡Jeb!, Hillary, and the other liberals would do if elected, and rejected more of the same tired status quo. Since Democrats have only doubled down on the same elitist policies Americans rejected in 2016, they only way they think they can stay competitive is by destroying the only man in a position to offer desperately needed reforms.

Liberals are only getting what they've got coming to them. This, rather than impeachment, will be the real show. Be sure not to miss it!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t get much clearer than this.

Ambassador Sondland says, of President Trump:

“I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo.”

https://twitter.com/TimMurtaug.../1197183725991333888

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by saigonsmuggler:

I heard that live a little bit ago and thought “ok, end of story. Why are we doing this then?”

Posts: 17127 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman was caught exaggerating his resume

https://thefederalist.com/2019...ressional-statement/

Lt. Colonel Alexander Vindman was caught exaggerating his resume and his role in the White House to congressional lawmakers in Tuesday’s round of public hearings during the Democrats’ partisan impeachment proceedings.

Vindman previously claimed in his opening statement to be the “principal advisor to the National Security Advisor and the president on Ukraine and the other countries in my portfolio.”

When asked about the claim however by Republican Congressman Mike Turner of Ohio, Vindman admitted to having never met, spoken with, or advised the president on anything.

“You’ve never spoken to the president and told him advice on Ukraine,” Turner said.

“That is correct,” Vindman said.

Turner also confirmed that Vindman was not asked to participate in meetings with U.S. officials in Ukraine when he traveled with a delegation to attend the inauguration of Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelensky.

Vindman also alleged in his written statement that Mayor Rudy Giuliani promoted false information undermining U.S. policy on Ukraine, only to again be forced to admit he has never met Giuliani.

“So you’ve never had a conversation with him about Ukraine or been in a meeting with him where he has spoken to other about Ukraine?” Turner asked.

“No, just when I saw his comments on TV…” Vindman said.

Vindman’s lie before the House Intelligence Committee comes as Democrats seek information to perpetuate their latest conspiracy theory to incriminate President Donald Trump on a “high crime and misdemeanor” warranting impeachment.

The televised public hearings however, have turned up no such evidence even after several of the Democrats’ start witnesses have appeared before the committee.

In fact, several witnesses have offered testimony to provide just the opposite.

Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch told the committee that she had no information that the president engaged in any kind of criminal activity.

Posts: 12682 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yet if you look at Drudge or the other news sites he is the key witness implicating him Roll Eyes

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
quote:

Yet if you look at Drudge or the other news sites he is the key witness implicating him Roll Eyes

I haven't given Drudge a single click in probably a year or Fox news in several months.
I get what I need to know from here or read select articles from Lucianne.
My advice is to stop giving that douche Drudge any clicks. Fox news is a give and take. They've become much more anti Trump since Paul Ryan became prominent with them and sits on one of their boards. Once in awhile they have something worth reading and when they do it shows up on Lucianne.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Agree, but some days I'm curious what the various media sources are reporting.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Just a sidebar, hopefully Dan Bongino makes good on this announcement and can be successful with it...

Dan Bongino Announces Intention to Compete With Drudge Report
Dean Garrison - November 14, 2019 0

On Tuesday Dan Bongino made a big announcement.

He intends to go into competition with Matt Drudge and Drudge Report.

Bongino is upset with the anti-Trump bias on Drudge and has made a commitment to go into direct competition.

https://dcdirtylaundry.com/vid...-with-drudge-report/

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

posted Hide Post
quote:

They certainly seem to be watching different hearings today.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post