SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
None of this is going to take Trump down. Everyone knows it and I'm not getting to wrapped up in any of these sham proceedings. Vindman and the rest are getting their 15 minutes and that's all it's going to be. Nobody will remember these people a few months from now.

They are hoping this charade pulls support from Trump in the election and that's not working either. This entire thing is political theater and nothing more. A non event.

What's important is that some harsh judgement is visited upon the conspirators that started this coup. If these seditionists are allowed to get off with nothing more than a little public humiliation which I'm not sure it's even possible to shame or humiliate these people, what will happen going forward will make this look like stuffing the ballot box at the high school student council president vote.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
This seems to diminish the value of the Purple Heart.
quote:
Vindman, a 44-year-old Army combat veteran who received a Purple Heart for injuries sustained during the Iraq War.
Seems like it needs a disclaimer, “Returned to work on the same day of the injury.”

Maybe we need two levels of awards for injury sustained during war time.

To separate those which have suffered from those who had a boo boo, I would suggest awarding those with injuries such as LTC Vindman’s a Violet Band-Aid.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
None of this is going to take Trump down. Everyone knows it and I'm not getting to wrapped up in any of these sham proceedings. Vindman and the rest are getting their 15 minutes and that's all it's going to be. Nobody will remember these people a few months from now.

They are hoping this charade pulls support from Trump in the election and that's not working either. This entire thing is political theater and nothing more. A non event.

What's important is that some harsh judgement is visited upon the conspirators that started this coup. If these seditionists are allowed to get off with nothing more than a little public humiliation which I'm not sure it's even possible to shame or humiliate these people, what will happen going forward will make this look like stuffing the ballot box at the high school student council president vote.

Oh my, yes, they will. Appropriately so. Sometimes memory should be long.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
All this talk about Vindman, whether he is a blue falcon or never-trumper is a red herring and plays into the hands of the Dems.

It doesn’t matter if he’s won the MOH and is literally Audie Murphy either. The only thing he can testify to is what he heard on the call and his opinion of it, which is irrelevant, because we have the transcript.

Whether he broke the law by leaking classified info is a separate issue as well.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
He clearly leaked classified information to individuals who were not need to know.

His excuse for going to a lawyer (and apparently the fake whistleblower) about his concerns about the call instead of following his chain of command was that he was busy that week? Freakin' kidding me? Piece of shit. Nail his ass to the wall.

Morrison just said a bit earlier said he was indeed available that very same day. And specifically made some edits if some document with Vindmen that day, where he instead went to legal counsel.
Perjured himself today.
Trump was right. He’s a traitor.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
After Devin Nunes gets Mr. Vindman to out himself as the one who leaked information to the CIA Whistleblower, Mr. Vindman insists that he be called Lieutenant Colonel Vindman.

What’s next with this guy?
Maybe something silly like bad mouthing the U.S. Military when speaking with the Russians? Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I've been listening in the background tonight, and it seems to me that some of the witnesses appear to have heard things in the "phone call" that others did not (and said weren't there). One questioner just tried to get Amb. Volker to admit that although he did not at first equate "Burisma" with "Biden", that "we now know that it did". That is an assumption on the part of the questioner, and not supported by direct evidence. It is possible that President Trump did make that connection, but there was nothing in the phone call that did. And what was said in the phone call is what is important, not what the President (or others in his staff) may have assumed about it).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
My dad used to say that "the voice has changed but the breath's still the same."

With the full of schiff hearings droning on, has the media actually struck upon a common theme?

With Pelosi's home area wading through piles of feces, maybe there's something common with some of the California representatives.

When you add it up, divide by whatever number, spend energy on it, and look for a common denominator, it smells like, looks like, sounds like a bunch of shit.

Those particular representatives are from the resistance, from a state where the Dems vowed to fight Trump with law suits and every form of footdragging possible.

Those Reps need to help their home areas and the people of the United States but, instead, it's just smelling of a certain substance.

I didn't intend for it to be hard to understand. Sorry.

The media seems to have finally come upon a common thread between those Representatives and their actions.

It was not intended to be erudite.

My dad was a lifelong military man and had some stock phrases to describe various things when they happened. The strange media fascination with fart gate had me think of what he would have said.

I reacted to a common theme between resistance, the hearings, the representatives, the media fascinations and the California resistance efforts.

We've heard about piles of it in Pelosi's San Francisco, for instance. We've heard the spewage from Swalwell that sounds like it. Schiiff's name aptly describes it as one pronounces it. And, we see hearings filled with it: shit.

I asked, is the media finally stumbling upon a common thread?

I didn't see your post until just now.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tubetone,

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Huh? What does that mean?

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
None of this is going to take Trump down...

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:
Vindman, a 44-year-old Army combat veteran who received a Purple Heart for injuries sustained during the Iraq War.
Seems like it needs a disclaimer, “Returned to work on the same day of the injury.”

To separate those which have suffered from those who had a boo boo, I would suggest awarding those with injuries such as LTC Vindman’s a Violet Band-Aid.

Somehow, I don't remember ever weeping, crying, screaming every time I have torn a finger nail. One level of Purple Heart is plenty.

Just award them for actual wounds, not hang nails, etc etc etc.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
quote:

Somehow, I don't remember ever weeping, crying, screaming every time I have torn a finger nail. One level of Purple Heart is plenty.

Just award them for actual wounds, not hang nails, etc etc etc.

I was under the impression that the Purple Heart was for wounds received in combat. Wounds, not injuries. If the guy fell out of his bunk and got a knot on his head while in theater but far from combat, does that sort of thing get one awarded a Purple Heart? Curious civilian wants to learn more.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
There is some latitude for the Purple Heart. A few of the "must haves" are that the injury be sustained during direct or indirect support of combat operations against an enemy, and the injury require documented treatment by medical personnel.

Your example, probably not a treatable injury, and the commander (if the POG decided to seek treatment) would hopefully not authorize it. However, a guy in a FOB who falls out of his bunk when the mortars start coming in....he would be a lot more likely to receive one, assuming he sought treatment.

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I’m sure the criteria for the award of the Purple Heart Medal is spelled out someplace, but I always heard it was for injuries deemed to have been the result of enemy action. One of the PHMs my father received was for the broken leg he sustained by being blown off a landing craft during an amphibious landing. When I was in Vietnam the first sergeant of my unit got banged up by falling down while running to a bunker during a rocket attack. Although he refused it, he was told that the injury made him eligible for a PHM.

Whether it’s still true I don’t know, but at one time the criteria included the stipulation that the injury required treatment by a “medical officer” (Army talk for physician), but I don’t know how strictly that was enforced, if at all.

Falling out of bed and being injured if the compound was under attack? Possibly.
Falling out of bed while drunk in a combat zone. Probably not.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thanks, that affirms what I thought I understood about it.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Vindman’s wounds were from a roadside IED.

Listened to the full testimonies today, and I am certain LTC Vindman mentioned that he returned to work the same day within the contents of a response to a question.
My google search fails to find any details of his wounds.
Hit a few YouTube videos to find where it was mentioned, but again failed to find it.
Wish I could find a good link, but can’t find it now, however my source of information was from the testimonies given today.

Being I cannot find a good link, maybe I mis-heard or interpreted part of the testimony.
Vindman — who was awarded a Purple Heart for his service in Iraq after being wounded in an IED attack and still carries shrapnel from the attack in his body, according to a source close to him

Vindman ruffled my feathers today, possibly my hearing is bias, if so I apologies.

OK, I am not crazy.
Others heard the testimony as well where LTC Vindman said he returned to duty the same day.
However the video clips on YouTube seem to have that part cut-out or cut-off.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Huh? What does that mean?

You asked a question and I answered.

I just looked back and the post to which I reacted is now gone.

I think when I responded, instead of hitting the quote button, I must have hit the reply button so I must have accidentally written over my original post and the post to which I reacted was deleted.

My dad had a way of boiling things down to a few stock phrases. I was thinking of how he would have boiled it all down.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Well, you posted something and I'm reading it.

Confused

I still don't know what you're talking about, but it doesn't matter.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
I've been just reading summaries of these sham "hearings" but this Vindman asshole just set me off.

He pours his fat ass into a dress uniform - probably had to go buy the thing last week since he hasn't seen a uniform in years.

And a 44-year old light colonel? I was not a fast-track BTZ guy but I made Major in the Air Force when I was 32. Either this guy started really late or was a sluggo and stalled at some point.

And his petty "Call me Lieutenant Colonel" snap is exactly the kind of thing you expect from people who should never be in command but want it desperately.

The "leak" started with LTC Bearclaw. Yes, I believe the second person he told about the call was Ciaramella, who then ran to Shifty Schiff and blabbed. They both know it, and thus the dancing around and shutting down questions when they both claim to not know the identity of the whistle blower.

This arrogant prick thinks he should dictate US policy with the Ukraine, even though he disparaged the US in front of his superiors.

Fuck this useless deep state sack of shit and send him and his brand new uniform packing.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Report This Post