SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
After today's hearings I have changed my mind about the "fairness" of it. Now I think that Schiff's completely controlling everything and subjecting Repubs to prior approval to call witnesses or issue subpoenas is totally fair.

Because even with all that, leading off with their best 2 hand-picked swampies...they still got spanked. A Soviet style kangaroo court is what it takes to even come close to a level playing field for those idiots.

Out of left (or right Wink ) field comes a Congresswoman out of NY nobody has heard of, she wiped the floor with 'ol Kent-y-boy and then yielded 30s back! Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
CTH has a good post up

During the impeachment hearing today State Department officials George Kent and Bill Taylor both stated they never heard of any claims of Ukrainian political interference in the 2016 U.S. election. Additionally, both claimed to have no knowledge of any U.S. investigation that might overlap with Ukraine.

When pressed with specifically cited reports about DNC operatives engaging with Ukraine government officials to gather opposition research against candidate Donald Trump, both Mr. Kent and Ambassador Taylor denied any knowledge of the outlined reporting.

CTH then cites a 20 July 2017 ltr from Sen Grassley to Rod Rosenstein

full ltr at link

https://theconservativetreehou...in-2017/#more-176070

Grassley is quoting open source info. But our Ukranian experts seem totally unaware

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

comment from blogger Undercover Huber:

"The only way this impeachment hearing could have gone worse would have been to have Bob Mueller testify again"

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Savage. Big Grin

quote:

Jim Jordan: You didn’t listen in on President Trump & Zelensky’s call?

Taylor: I did not.

Jordan: You’ve never talked with Chief of Staff Mulvaney?

Taylor: I never did.

Jordan: You’ve never met the President?

Taylor: That’s correct.

Jordan: And you’re their star witness.

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
William Taylor:

"Let me just say that I don’t consider myself a star witness for anything"

"I think I was clear about — I’m not here to take one side or the other or to advocate any particular outcomes. Let me just restate that. Second thing is that my understanding is only coming from people that I talk to."

Whatever these two tools "service" entailed before this biased shit show, if they have a shred of honor and character, or self awareness, they will understand what fools they've been made.

Jim Jordan summarized: You didn't hear or know shit first hand, and this entire sham hinges on your testimony. Taylor knew he'd been had when Jordan called him on it, and I suspect he knew he'd been painted into a corner on lying at times.

Taylor is an embarrassment to West Point. If number one in his class is this fucking dumb, and thinks himself clever enough to pull off that sham, he's not only stupid but deluded. Just an arrogant, elite ruling class, establishment hack comrade towing the party line. Wonder what was in it for him. He probably thought he'd be the hero of dims/progs after he assists taking down DT.

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Is it just me or does Shifty Schiff have an almost demonic look on his face 90% of the time?

Every time I see Adam Schiffhead I am reminded of the kid in school that everyone wanted to punch in the face. I know I do.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jim Jordan summarized: You didn't hear or know shit first hand, and this entire sham hinges on your testimony. Taylor knew he'd been had when Jordan called him on it, and I suspect he knew he'd been painted into a corner on lying at times.

Taylor is an embarrassment to West Point. If number one in his class is this fucking dumb, and thinks himself clever enough to pull off that sham, he's not only stupid but deluded. Just an arrogant, elite ruling class, establishment hack comrade towing the party line. Wonder what was in it for him. He probably thought he'd be the hero of dims/progs after he assists taking down DT.

Those of us following this closely know that. Of course, that's not the way it's portrayed in the MSM. It all depends on your sources of information.
If impeachment is successful, regardless of removal by the Senate, I suspect Taylor will be richly rewarded with a book deal and plenty of paid speaking and media appearances.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Kurt Schlichter is always a fun read. From Felonia Von Pantsuit to now Stumbles McMyturn. Big Grin

quote:
That’s the thing here – you have a sham process where prosecutors with a clear bias and a prejudgment of the facts are not trying to make a factual determination but to orchestrate a show trial designed to validate the decision they reached before this whole Ukrainian thing even started – before the fake Russia thing began. Heck, before Stumbles McMyturn even lost.

Link

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I'm hopefully taking it as a sign that the latest Ukraine hoax is failing that they aren't talking about it so far on any of the morning news shows. Royals, Celine, Beyoncé, CMAs, real houswives of slutsville, anything but impeachment.

Posts: 7454 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
A conservative talk radio guy I listen on my morning drive to played this clip to illustrate basically what all these so-called "star witnesses" are saying about Trump:

quote:

Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Star witness my white ass! Roll Eyes

Posts: 33806 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
A conservative talk radio guy I listen on my morning drive to played this clip to illustrate basically what all these so-called "star witnesses" are saying about Trump:

quote:

Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Star witness my white ass! Roll Eyes

^^^ Haha, yeah, I caught that during my layover this morning in Atlanta (I listen to Zeoli every day on the Radio.com app even when I'm not in Philly). That was great cause that was Kristy Swanson in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and she happens to be pretty conservative actually and had retweeted that clip of herself in regards to these absurd hearings. Pretty funny and about spot on.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
I am instructing a class this week, so I am not able to listen to the radio or watch TV during this fiasco. I'm counting on you people to keep me updated!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
When did "I heard from people" become credible evidence in a hearing?

If you weren't paying attention, apparently on 14 November 2019.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm hopefully taking it as a sign that the latest Ukraine hoax is failing that they aren't talking about it so far on any of the morning news shows. Royals, Celine, Beyoncé, CMAs, real houswives of slutsville, anything but impeachment.

This is what Rush is saying this morning also. So bad even the Lefty news media are going with squirrel!

Posts: 18066 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/clip...ause-of-impeachment/

Trump 2020 director of strategic communications Marc Lotter explained how Trump supporters were getting involved because of the impeachment efforts conducted by House Democrats.

“As we’ve seen from the campaign, it is absolutely, and it is unfortunate,” Lotter said on “The Jeff Poor Show.” “But it’s definitely having an impact.

We’ve had 100,000 more volunteers. Donors are coming out of the woodwork. We’re raising record amounts of money. It is galvanizing people and even people in the middle who are seeing the Democrats are just consumed with impeachment. They’ve been wanting to do this.

The Washington Post actually posted a story 19 minutes after the president took the oath of office. He was giving his inaugural address, and the post was already talking about impeachment.”

Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
This....and mores to the point....I think that Shifferbrains is trying to repay all the wrongs visited upon him as a child upon Trump, as maybe Trump reminds him of his former tormentors. That could explain why he always appears so gleefully crazed...

quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
quote:
Is it just me or does Shifty Schiff have an almost demonic look on his face 90% of the time?

Every time I see Adam Schiffhead I am reminded of the kid in school that everyone wanted to punch in the face. I know I do.

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Paul Sperry

Reviews are in, and even Dems agree, Schiff's impeachment opener was a flop:

Dem strategist Chris Kofinis: "We need to stop presenting this like a foreign policy class—this needs to be about making a clear case about what the president did wrong. That narrative is getting lost."

Finally getting pushback from her press poodles,who r frustrated Schiff didn't move the needle yesterday, Pelosi looked frantic today trying to defend their impeachment decision:

"It's not about politics!"

"[What Trump did] makes what Nixon did look almost small, almost small!"

Watch Pelosi's presser today, paying attention to her frantic hand-gesturing. She's more animated & manic than normal, frustrated nothing Dems are throwing up as impeachable offense is sticking. She even reverted back to "the Mueller Report," grasping at that old nothing-burger!

Schiff and Dems are discovering that outside their little closed-door basement echo-chamber, their charges against Trump are not resonating. They are slowly realizing that they've been overselling impeachment, that few outside their corrupt coterie are buying it

Dems now charge Trump's impeachable offense was using an "irregular channel" to carry out his foreign policy, bypassing the entrenched diplomatic corps. But Dems are using the Impeachment Clause to criminalize foreign policy decisions by POTUS. That’s the real abuse of power here

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the Dems realize that Taylor actually exonerated the President in his testimony yesterday? I wonder if Taylor even realizes it?

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
I am instructing a class this week, so I am not able to listen to the radio or watch TV during this fiasco. I'm counting on you people to keep me updated!

Just picture a whole bunch of people sitting around talking like Charlie Brown's teacher, but not making any sense.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
I wonder if the Dems realize that Taylor actually exonerated the President in his testimony yesterday? I wonder if Taylor even realizes it?

The bigger question is do the Democrats care, or will they just proceed blindly forward?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:

The bigger question is do the Democrats care, or will they just proceed blindly forward?

They've been moving blindly "forward" ever since Trump was elected. No change.

Even Crazy Cakes Pelosi, who once had a modicum of political sense, appears to have lost it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post