SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Who cares? This is a joke and if you don't know it, I feel sorry for you. This attempted coup will fail and 12 months from now, you can celebrate the re-election of President Trump with us, Keystoner, being the big Trump fan you are.

"So-and-so is now claiming so-and-so." What a fucking joke. Pathetic.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Mark Zaid is the lawyer for Ciaramella.

From CTH, here is Zaid tweet from 30 Jan 2017

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No, but wait- so-and-so is now claiming so-and-so. That's significant, y'know? This is the real deal!

posted Hide Post
Each time the Dems have something "big", they work on it for months. Lots of proclamations and announcements, and each time it falls on it's face.

Some voters believe this fake news, but when time after time the truth comes out, the Dems lose more "true believers". Sure, some people eat it up and believe everything, but many persons are seeing the light.

As mentioned above, 26% of those who completed a written survey at Trump's last rally were Democrats. Also plenty of black people are realizing the Dems have been lying to them all along and are getting wise. Sort like taking the red pill or the blue pill, many Americans are realizing that the Democrat leaders are only out for themselves.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats' 'Star Witness' Admits He Wasn't On Trump-Ukraine Call, Sole Source Was NY Times

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...top-diplomat-ukraine

House Democrats have released the latest in the series of heavily-redacted transcripts of the secret hearings they had undertaken in recent weeks - that of Bill Taylor - the top US diplomat in Ukraine - ahead of his public testimony next week.

As The Hill notes, Taylor is viewed as a key witness who previously testified in meticulous detail about what he considered an effort by Trump and his allies to pressure Ukraine into opening investigations that would benefit Trump politically.

In leaked copies of his 15-page opening statement, Taylor voiced concerns that the Trump administration had withheld nearly $400 million in aid as leverage to get Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to open investigations into interference in the 2016 election and former Vice President Joe Biden, one of his leading 2020 political rivals.

Key excerpts include:

Taylor admits Ukraine's criminal justice system is "flawed"...

Isn't that a good reason to hold up aid to ensure that it is not corruptly flowing to the wrong entities?

Taylor also testified that his knowledge of the phone call between Trump and Ukrainian president Volodymr Zelensky wasn’t first-hand knowledge.

“And this isn’t firsthand. It’s not secondhand. It’s not thirdhand,” Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., said to Taylor. “But if I understand this correctly, you’re telling us that Tim Morrison told you that Ambassador Sondland told him that the president told Ambassador Sondland that Zelensky would have to open an investigation into Biden?”

“That’s correct,” Taylor admitted.

“So do you have any other source that the president’s goal in making this request was anything other than The New York Times?” Zeldin asked.

“I have not talked to the president,” Taylor said. “I have no other information from what the president was thinking.”

Additionally, as The Federalist notes, under questioning from Rep. John Ratcliffe, R-Texas, Taylor also testified that the Ukrainian government wasn’t aware U.S. military funding had been temporarily suspended until late August, and then only after the information was leaked to the news media, meaning an alleged quid pro quo would have been impossible.

“So, if nobody in the Ukrainian government is aware of a military hold at the time of the Trump-Zelensky call, then, as a matter of law and as a matter of fact, there can be no quid pro quo, based on military aid,” Ratcliffe, a former federal prosecutor, said.

“I just want to be real clear that, again, as of July 25th, you have no knowledge of a quid pro quo involving military aid.”

“July 25th is a week after the hold was put on the security assistance,” Taylor testified. “And July 25th, they had a conversation between the two presidents, where it was not discussed.”

“And to your knowledge, nobody in the Ukrainian government was aware of the hold?” Ratcliffe asked.

“That is correct,” Taylor responded.

The Democrats may need a better witness.

Full 324 page transcript here.

https://docs.house.gov/meeting...RT-116-IG00-D008.pdf

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
No, but wait- so-and-so is now claiming so-and-so. That's significant, y'know? This is the real deal!

What I posted was a specific continuation of several posts directly above mine.

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
No problem. I know that you support this great President fully, so, keep us posted.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
I heard today that witnesses are going back and editing their depositions as their memories are refreshed and they've had more time to think about what happened.

Seriously? You mean about the phone call that we all can read the transcript of?

It was either on one of the shows on Patriot radio or one of the Fox news channels on sat radio. I swear they said after hearing or reading testimony from other witnesses their memories became more clear. I'd have to think credibility is nothing more than a word that gets tossed around.

Oh I believe you. I just find this whole ridiculous thing to be straight out of a Joseph Heller novel.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Mark Zaid is the lawyer for Ciaramella.

From CTH, here is Zaid tweet from 30 Jan 2017

Here's another from 2017

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Our taxes are going for this? I want my tax money back!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
"Dismantling our government department by department."

Good!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:

Sondland is claiming a quid pro quo now.

To get on Schiff's good side, Sondland probably delivered a quid pro blo.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good!

You're goddamn right Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:

Good!

You're goddamn right Smile

He promised us he’d drain the swamp- he’s simply making good on that promise.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Benjamin Wittes (Comey's good buddy)

wrote this in Oct 2016

https://www.lawfareblog.com/co...i-what-if-trump-wins

A Coalition of All Democratic Forces, Part III: What if Trump Wins?

If you believe the FiveThirtyEight electoral forecast, Donald Trump has only between a 14- and 16-percent chance of becoming president. If you believe the New York Times’s “Upshot” forecast, that chance is even lower, around seven percent.

This is why I keep life insurance, even though I have a much lower than seven percent chance of dying this year. And while I don’t think I have a 16 percent chance of major medical expenses either, I still maintain a health insurance policy

So our democracy needs a health insurance policy.

We need to imagine as well how such a coalition should respond to the unthinkable: What if Trump wins?

That leaves the tool that will certainly be available: the courts. The courts have a few obvious advantages , starting with hundreds of independent judges of both parties whom Trump cannot remove from office and who don’t have to face his supporters in forthcoming elections.

litigation can restrain certain things, and a great deal of what Trump proposes to do will be ripe for legal challenge, particularly as his actions impact individuals who will have standing to sue or the right to defend themselves. As Trump attempts to use the powers of the presidency to lash out at people or groups, the actions he takes will generally give rise to litigation opportunities

If I wake up on November 9 to find that Trump has been elected president, I plan to spend the next two months building such a network. The first two people I will talk to will be Boutrous and Tribe, both of whom agreed in an email exchange yesterday to a have a conference call November 9, if necessary, to begin organizing this coalition.

The goal, rather, will be to offer a systematic defense of the values the Coalition of All Democratic Forces holds in common and to have the ability to respond rapidly to actions that threaten those values: to forestall such actions in court as long as possible, to whittle them down, and to block those that can be blocked. The goal is to use the courts to render Trump’s antidemocratic instincts as ineffectual as possible.

If Trump wins it, the Coalition of All Democratic Forces needs to be prepared to see him in court.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

seen at Jeff Carlson's blog

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sdy,

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I really hope we get to see at least a few heads roll by the time this ends and I'm anxious to see how the media plays it.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I’d like to see heads roll at the FCC, in an effort to enforce libel laws. Maybe then our mainstream Pravda will stop being such biased, dipshit pundits for the DNC. Every time they give an opinion on screen, the phrase “This is only an opinion by this [typically clueless] reporter” should appear... preferably in big flashing letters.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I heard today that witnesses are going back and editing their depositions as their memories are refreshed and they've had more time to think about what happened.

Seriously? You mean about the phone call that we all can read the transcript of?

It was either on one of the shows on Patriot radio or one of the Fox news channels on sat radio. I swear they said after hearing or reading testimony from other witnesses their memories became more clear. I'd have to think credibility is nothing more than a word that gets tossed around.

Oh I believe you. I just find this whole ridiculous thing to be straight out of a Joseph Heller novel.

Jesus, no kidding. I need to read Catch-22 again. It makes more sense than what’s going on in our capitol.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Zombies are real

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JogS0jfE91c

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3583 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
Those are pretty much the same responses that I get when I ask on what grounds should he be impeached.

These people are the very definition of useful idiot.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Report This Post