SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
If White House staffers want subscriptions to those newspapers, I guess they could get personal ones at their own expense, mailed to their homes?

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure if anyone's seen this yet, or if there's an actual thread for General Flynn, but HOLY SHIT.

https://theconservativetreehou...awyer-sidney-powell/

I'm sure sdy might be able to flesh this out a bit more or post the text.

There's evidence now that they edited Flynn's 302s to frame him. Goddamn. People better swing for this.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
If Barr doesn't do his job with what he's been assigned to do and a lot of people who we already know to be guilty of different levels of crimes go unpunished Sidney Powell needs to be the next AG. A real fearless fighter.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Sidney Powell has been on Lou Dobbs and seems to be a real go getter. Maybe she will be the next Supreme Court Judge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJhnE2Kn2UA

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
If Barr doesn't do his job with what he's been assigned to do and a lot of people who we already know to be guilty of different levels of crimes go unpunished Sidney Powell needs to be the next AG. A real fearless fighter.

+1000
I read her book and now consider her to be the Wonder Woman of the legal profession.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What, you want to panic? Maybe spread some of that shit around to your fellow forum members?

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Trump Cancels All Admins' NYT, WaPo Subs: "Will Save 100s Of 1000s Of Taxpayer Dollars"
Let them subscribe to those papers if they want to.

At their own expense, of course.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Veeper,

This is the link to the powerful Sydney Powell court filing about General Flynn. (pdf)

Well worth a read

https://www.scribd.com/documen.../US-v-Flynn-DE-129-2

There is more discussion in the Steele dossier thread p88

posted Hide Post
I don’t have the bandwidth right now to read that whole court filing, but id encourage every member to click on the link and just read the table of contents!

What they did to Flynn is horrifying and would be a massive scandal on its own with any other MSM at any other time in history.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Hunter Biden

Biden Hunter

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Well shit Eek

This can't be good:

Bolton's Revenge: Former National Security Adviser In Contact With Impeachment Panels

I'm not so sure Mr. Bolton's statements will be as bad as you fear.

Bolton has a brittle personality when he believes his way is not just the best way, but the only way.

His gripe looks like he wanted things done a different way.

That's an opinion, not a fact.

So, is Bolton, when it boils down, just gonna be telling what he would have down if he was the president?

Bolton is a patriot. He knows what the Democrats seek to do. I'm not so sure Bolton will be petty and seek to strike out in a fit of revenge.

He probably will describe a policy difference.

Democrats will spin but that's like saying water is wet.

They will leak that Bolton's testimony was a bombshell. Yawn.

It's, at least, just as likely that Bolton will deny any facts that the Democrats may seek.

Why is his trying to decide, through his attorney, if he will testify and under what terms something that warrants a fear of revenge?

Revenge is a deliberate, malevolent act.

The writer of your cited article was only telling the reader of his fearful frame of reference. So what?

Bolton is made of better stuff.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Bolton is a Goddamned psychopath. Whenever war is an option, he always opts for war. He wants to bomb all other countries, kill- indiscriminately- the inhabitants of those countries and make the leaders of those countries bow to the United States. This is not a stable person. Bolton seems to hate everyone, including himself. At all times, he wishes to kill, so long as it's someone else doing the killing. He's a monumental hypocrite. Bolton supported the Vietnam war (of course), but he dodged the draft:

He wrote in his Yale 25th reunion book: "I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy. I considered the war in Vietnam already lost." In a 2007 interview, Bolton explained his comment in the reunion book saying his decision to avoid service in Vietnam was because "by the time I was about to graduate in 1970, it was clear to me that opponents of the Vietnam War had made it certain we could not prevail, and that I had no great interest in going there to have Teddy Kennedy give it back to the people I might die to take it away from."

Uh huh. Because all of those young boys who did die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy had a "desire" to do so, right, Johnny Boy?

And he's a Goddamned psychopath:

Also in 2002, Bolton is said to have flown to Europe to demand the resignation of Brazilian José Bustani, head of the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), and to have orchestrated his removal at a special session of the organization. Bustani was deemed to be an obstacle in creating the case for the invasion of Iraq. The United Nations' highest administrative tribunal later condemned the action as an "unacceptable violation" of principles protecting international civil servants. Bustani had been unanimously re-elected for a four-year term—with strong U.S. support—in May 2000, and in 2001 was praised for his leadership by Colin Powell. According to Bustani, John Bolton demanded that he step down in 24 hours, adding, "We know where your children are".

You can believe what you want about the source of this information, which is The Intercept, but I have no trouble whatsover believing that this maniac son of a bitch made this threat.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Bolton is big on war and intervention. He may be seen as a psychopath for it so I guess you think he would use his testimony to retaliate because he threaten to retaliate when he was seeking to push some other foreign leader.

I just don't think such international instances prove what he will do in an impeachment inquiry.

If he malevolently helps replace Trump, what war mongering, psychopathic objective of his would that serve - even if that characterization was true?

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If you want logic, don't look to a self-loathing psychopath to provide it.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess we'll find out.

I'm just not gonna get worked up about it ahead of time.

I guess I'm willing to give him more credit.

Besides, other than my attitude, what can I do about it anyway? Fretting is seldom useful for me.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm not speculating on what he might say. Worked up? The person who brought this up in this thread is the one worried about it. I am saying, quite simply, that the man seems to hate everyone and seems to want to destroy the world (as long as he's not the one doing the fighting). I am saying that the dude is not playing with a full deck. I have made no predictions on what this mentally ill jackwagon might say. I wouldn't even hazard a guess. Crazy people are not rational, so how could I even know?

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I'm really starting to like Matt Gaetz:

Matt Gaetz: Why Did Representative Jackie Speier Make an Issue of My Race and Sex in Sneering That I'm a "White Man?"
I Myself Don't Casually Denigrate People as "White Woman" or "Minority Woman."
Is That How We're All Rolling Now?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
As I understand it, Bolton said that he didn't want to die fighting in a rice paddy. . . .

Somehow I doubt that any of the soldiers who died there, or were wounded, crippled, etc wanted to have that happen to them. Including several of my friends who went over there. (5 of the 7 who went, didn't come back).

I never thought much of Bolton or his methods and now my opinion is bordering on disgust.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Bolton has never seen a war that he wouldn't gladly volunteer your kids to fight in.

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Report This Post