SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I've been reading just a bit of impeachment, as it is used against Members of both houses, expulsion and censure. The latter has been suggested for shifty shiff. I dont see why the Republicans dont start a process to remove the Speaker and other key Members who are definately eligable. Every damn one whos' name has been involved in this mess. If, Our own Governing body will not keep itself in check then perhaps the time is near for the people to fix Our disfunctional Government via force. Because, their intentions for the Nation now and to come is evil. I advocate their removal and correction by not electing another demon crat for 50 years to come.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
Ha! Vaya con dios, Senior Biden!

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don’t ever comment in political threads. It’s just not my thing.

But damnnation, this made me laugh my ass off, or what’s left of it. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

Senator Graham will be along shortly to MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!! YES!! He will make an actual announcement! About something he is going to DO! He's not doing it yet, but he IS announcing it tonight! And soon he will actually do it! Very soon! Just wait. Roll Eyes

I'm sorry, I don't know what Miss Lindsay had to say. I turned the damn thing off. I'm just so tired of this shit.

Looks like you have a good bead on it.

"Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said on Wednesday that he was dropping a plan to send House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) a letter warning that Republicans wouldn't remove Trump from office over a Ukraine phone call. " LINK

Haven't seen Graham's "Resolution" yet.

Talk. Talk. Talk.

Hannity crawler said Graham offered the Resolution. Then Graham spoke during the interview and said that he was gonna get to it.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
These folks take money bets on who will win the DEM primary

Warren had a 30% lead on Biden, but that has been cut in half very rapidly.

When Warren jumped out in front of Biden, there was a lot of talk that DEM business people could not support her. That may be having an effect

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
When Warren jumped out in front of Biden, there was a lot of talk that DEM business people could not support her. That may be having an effect

Elizabeth Warren says she's a capitalist. She does a pretty good job of masking her communism. But her policy proposals are to the left of Bernie.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:

Senator Graham will be along shortly to MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!! YES!! He will make an actual announcement! About something he is going to DO! He's not doing it yet, but he IS announcing it tonight! And soon he will actually do it! Very soon! Just wait. Roll Eyes

I'm sorry, I don't know what Miss Lindsay had to say. I turned the damn thing off. I'm just so tired of this shit.

Looks like you have a good bead on it.

"Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said on Wednesday that he was dropping a plan to send House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) a letter warning that Republicans wouldn't remove Trump from office over a Ukraine phone call. " LINK

Haven't seen Graham's "Resolution" yet.

Talk. Talk. Talk.

Hannity crawler said Graham offered the Resolution. Then Graham spoke during the interview and said that he was gonna get to it.

The bogus impeachment proceedings are doing more damage to the democrats than anything else. Id rather they just continue tilting at windmills for now.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
quote:

Excellent! I think the next year is going to be a lot of fun!

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:

Elizabeth Warren says she's a capitalist. She does a pretty good job of masking her communism. But her policy proposals are to the left of Bernie.

Not sure how one tells? She avoids and deflects every question she's asked, and her past voting record, books, and statements are contradictory to her current statements.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20810 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I've been reading just a bit of impeachment, as it is used against Members of both houses, expulsion and censure. The latter has been suggested for shifty shiff. I dont see why the Republicans dont start a process to remove the Speaker and other key Members who are definately eligable. Every damn one whos' name has been involved in this mess. If, Our own Governing body will not keep itself in check then perhaps the time is near for the people to fix Our disfunctional Government via force. Because, their intentions for the Nation now and to come is evil. I advocate their removal and correction by not electing another demon crat for 50 years to come.

The government protects the government class. They are one big family at the end of the day.
Democrat politicians are just one end of the same turd.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Well, well, well!

Look at this, after the Republicans FINALLY nut up and storm into Shifty Schiff's secret little underground Soviet tribunal and expose them, they change their tune:
Roll Eyes
House Democrats look to take impeachment probe public as soon as mid-November

Posts: 33757 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Well, well, well!

Look at this, after the Republicans FINALLY nut up and storm into Shifty Schiff's secret little underground Soviet tribunal and expose them, they change their tune:
Roll Eyes
House Democrats look to take impeachment probe public as soon as mid-November

Good Lord. You're quoting the Washington Post.

Even that article reveals many ways the "inquiry" could stay unfair.

Keep the pressure on. Why not open it to fairness now and provide access now?

Nothing seems to have been changed by that article or the propaganda it discloses.

It still seems true that even a fool's opinion sounds right until you hear the other side. Looks to me that the Democrats will only keep the fool's side coming.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yesterday's tweet, but had to put in in this thread.

Yes indeed, the Never Trumpers are absolute scum.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A new Hunter Biden problem

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...tions-about-n1071031

Hunter Biden's legal work in Romania raises new questions about his overseas dealings

In the final year of the Obama administration, an American lawyer traveled to Romania to meet with a businessman accused of orchestrating a corrupt land deal.

The businessman was Gabriel “Puiu” Popoviciu, a wealthy Romanian real estate tycoon. The lawyer brought in to advise him was Hunter Biden, the son of then-Vice President Joe Biden, according to two people familiar with the matter.

Hunter Biden’s work for Popoviciu in 2016 went unreported at the time, but Joe Biden’s involvement in Romania was very much public. The vice president was among the leading voices pushing the government to crack down on corruption.

There’s no evidence that Hunter or his father acted improperly or violated any laws. But the arrangement, government ethics experts say, raises concerns that Hunter Biden was used as a prop in Popoviciu’s effort to dodge criminal prosecution.

“We don’t know what [Hunter Biden] was paid or what he was paid for but it does raise questions of whether this Romanian individual facing criminal charges was actually paying for a connection to the American vice president,” said Kathleen Clark, a Washington University law professor who specializes in government ethics.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

it's NBC so there is lots of Trump bashing

odd how wherever Joe Biden went, or had influence, Hunter made friends & money

posted Hide Post
Schiff Staffer’s Meeting With Impeachment Witness Marked Turning Point in Ukraine Controversy

https://www.theepochtimes.com/...roversy_3126682.html

October 24, 2019

During a weeklong trip to Ukraine in late August, a staff member for Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) met with the top U.S. envoy in Kiev who is now a key witness in the Democrat-run impeachment inquiry.

Thomas Eager traveled to Ukraine from Aug. 24 to 31 and met with Charge de Affairs William Taylor on Aug. 25, according to a travel disclosure form (pdf) filed with the House of Representatives.

Taylor briefed Eager and other staffers about the “political environment in Ukraine, as well as its relations with various partners, especially the United States,” according to an itinerary composed by the Atlantic Council, which sponsored the trip.

The timing of Eager’s trip lines up with major events which are now the focus of the impeachment inquiry. Lawmakers are investigating, in part, whether President Donald Trump’s request for Ukraine to investigate former vice president Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden, was connected to a temporary hold placed on military aid to Ukraine.

Three days after Eager met Taylor, Politico published a story based on a leak which revealed to the public, for the first time, that aid to Ukraine was on hold. According to Taylor’s testimony, Ukrainian officials were unaware of the hold until the leak.

“Amazingly, news of the hold did not leak out until August 29,” Taylor told lawmakers, on Oct. 22.

The Politico story was published on Aug. 28 and updated on Aug. 29. The news outlet claims to have received the leak on Aug. 28 from a “senior administration official.”

The day after Eager departed Ukraine, Taylor wrote a text message explicitly questioning, for the first time, whether the aid and the Ukrainian president’s potential White House visit were tied to the investigations Trump sought.

“Are we now saying that security assistance and WH meeting are conditioned on investigations?” Taylor wrote to U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland on Sept. 1, according to a batch of text messages (pdf) handed over to Congress.

Taylor wasn’t the only one asking whether there is a link between the aid and the probes. Schiff did the same in a Twitter message two hours after Politico published the leak.

“Trump is withholding vital military aid to Ukraine, while his personal lawyer seeks help from the Ukraine government to investigate his political opponent,” Schiff wrote on Aug. 28.

Eager journeyed to Ukraine 12 days after an anonymous whistleblower filed the complaint that led to the impeachment inquiry. Schiff initially claimed his office did not have contact with the whistleblower, but later admitted that the anonymous official approached his office before filing the complaint.

The Atlantic Council invited Eager to join other staffers for the Ukraine trip on May 29. The Atlantic Council’s Eurasia Center led the trip. According to his LinkedIn profile, Eager is a fellow of the Atlantic Council’s Eurasia Center.

In 2017, the Atlantic Council signed a cooperation agreement with Burisma, the Ukrainian gas firm at the core of the allegations about Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

Taylor has also worked with the Atlantic Council. He authored articles posted on the organization’s website in 2019 and 2017. Aaron Klein with Breitbart was the first to note the connection. In 2011, the Atlantic Council hosted Taylor as a featured speaker.

During his July 25 call with Zelensky, Trump requested that the Ukrainian leader look into the firing of a top prosecutor in relation to Joe and Hunter Biden. In January last year, Joe Biden bragged about forcing the ouster of a top prosecutor by withholding $1 billion in U.S. loan guarantees. The prosecutor, Viktor Shokin, was investigating Burisma at the time. In a sworn statement, Shokin said that pressure from Biden led to his firing because he refused to drop the Burisma investigation. At the time of Shokin’s removal, Joe Biden was the vice president and Hunter held a paid position on the board of directors of Burisma.

According to bank records from 2014 and 2015 released as part of an unrelated lawsuit, a firm controlled by Hunter Biden’s business associate received funds from Burisma and paid more than $850,000 in total to the younger Biden.

According to a statement from his lawyer, Hunter Biden advised Burisma on its “corporate reform initiatives.” One source close to Burisma told Reuters that the money sent to Biden was largely unearned.

“He was a ceremonial figure,” the source said.

Oleksandr Onyshchenko, a businessman and former member of the Ukrainian parliament, told Reuters that the owner of Burisma came up with the idea to appoint Biden to the board “to protect [the company].”

Posts: 12655 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Trump Cancels All Admins' NYT, WaPo Subs: "Will Save 100s Of 1000s Of Taxpayer Dollars"
Big Grin

In what we are sure will be "hair-on-fire" screamed about as 'tyrannical-book-burning', President Trump has reportedly planning to instruct federal agencies to not renew their subscriptions to the New York Times and the Washington Post.

As The Wall Street Journal reports, White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said in an email Thursday:

“Not renewing subscriptions across all federal agencies will be a significant cost saving - hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars will be saved."

The decision comes days after the president cancelled the White House’s print subscriptions to the Post and the Times after expressing frustration with their coverage.

“We don’t even want it in the White House anymore,” Mr. Trump said of the Times

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...00s-taxpayer-dollars

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump Cancels All Admins' NYT, WaPo Subs: "Will Save 100s Of 1000s Of Taxpayer Dollars"
Big Grin

In what we are sure will be "hair-on-fire" screamed about as 'tyrannical-book-burning', President Trump has reportedly planning to instruct federal agencies to not renew their subscriptions to the New York Times and the Washington Post.

Genious! I love saving taxpayers money! Big Grin

Posts: 2582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
When I was a new WO1 stationed in D.C., I thought the Washington Post would be a good source of information relating to my job, so what did I do? I bought a subscription—myself.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
quote:
Big Grin

Genious! I love saving taxpayers money! Big Grin

Ha! Love it!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post