SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Rand Paul on Pompeo's, Pence's ‘huge diplomatic breakthrough’ with Turkey

Oct. 18, 2019 - 5:23 - Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) joins FOX Business to give his opinion on U.S. withdrawing from Syria and why he supports the move

https://video.foxbusiness.com/...636001#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Trump's message of 'America first' still going strong: White House Press Secretary

Oct. 18, 2019 - 5:47 - White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham defends President Trump's decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria, discusses the 2020 presidential election and the impeachment inquiry

She notes the President works 12 hour days.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/...636001#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Para,

He's never been perfect.

He just has an uncanny way of making something out of his unique style.

On his campaign promises, he's delivering despite extreme headwinds and constant extreme criticism, as you well know.

No one thinks, it seems to me, that you're unsupportive.

It's just that we all have our own views of what may be too much Trump being Trump.

I suppose, like anything else, there's a point.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
4 more years

I know it's supposed to be anti-Trump but I love it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
sounds like the "impeachment" secret briefings are not going as the DEMs wanted so far

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...luence-u-s-election/

U.S. European Union Ambassador Gordon Sondland did not tell House Democrats the Ukraine scandal story they wanted to hear during his impeachment inquiry deposition on Thursday, asserting he did not play a role in pushing the Eastern European country to investigate Joe Biden and his son.
Sondland spoke to lawmakers behind closed doors for nearly ten hours.

The liberal mainstream media expected Sondland to break with U.S. President Donald Trump, who has denied the allegation at the center of the impeachment probe. Democrat impeachment investigators in the House are trying to determine if Trump coerced Ukraine into investigating Joe Biden and his son Hunter in exchange for aid. Trump and Ukraine have denied the claim

Democrats claim Trump attempted to use his power to influence the 2020 presidential elections by pressuring Ukraine to investigate corruption allegations against his rival Biden.

Echoing testimony from former U.S. Special Envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker, Sondland denied participating in the alleged campaign to push Ukraine to investigate the Bidens on behalf of Trump.

In his opening remarks, he clearly stated:

Again, I recall no discussions with any State Department or White House official about Former Vice President Biden or his son, nor do I recall taking part in any effort to encourage an investigation into the Bidens.

Let me state clearly: Inviting a foreign government to undertake investigations for the purpose of influencing an upcoming U.S. election would be wrong. Withholding foreign aid in order to pressure a foreign government to take such steps would be wrong. I did not and would not ever participate in such undertakings.

NBC News indicated that Sondland did not break with Trump.

Echoing Volker’s testimony, Sondland reiterated that Trump ordered him and other envoys to work with his private lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, on Ukraine policy.

Sondland testified that he was “disappointed” by the directive:

It was apparent to all of us that the key to changing the president’s mind on Ukraine was Mr. Giuliani. … Our view was that the men and women of the State Department, not the president’s personal lawyer, should take responsibility for all aspects of U.S. foreign policy toward Ukraine.

During his deposition, Volker made it clear that he and Sondland were working with Giuliani on Ukraine at Trump’s behest.

Top U.S. State Department official George Kent indicated to impeachment investigators this week that the corruption allegations against the Bidens have merit. He said he warned the Obama administration that the Ukrainian company that hired Hunter was corrupt , but officials dismissed his concerns, the Washington Post reported.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

and the DEM impeachment lawyer has said the probe may extend beyond Ukraine.

I guess so since they have little to no ammunition re Ukraine

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Again, ALL this Kabuki theater reminds me of The Godfather Part II, ESPECIALLY when the chairman exclaims "I'm gonna find out what the hell happened here" at the 3:57 mark. It sounds JUST LIKE what gonad-less Nadler says on a daily basis and probably what goes on behind closed doors with these friggin' knuckle-heads...

Lawyering 101...NEVER ask a question to which you already DON'T know the answer. LMAO!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
A little break for a quick chuckle. Even my French wife was amused by this.

Trump on France's High Unemployment: 'We Have a Better President Than You Do'

https://www.cnsnews.com/video/...ter-president-you-do

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Balzé Halzé,

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, basically, McRaven believes that the United States is the world cop, the world arbiter of good and evil, of freedom and equality everywhere. We are responsible for the entire world.

That dog might hunt if we were successful at it. World War II was the last war we truly won. The North/South Korea situation has never been truly resolved. Vietnam fell to the commies only two years after we left. Somalia was a disaster. Nobody can argue that Iraq is better off since we removed Saddam Hussein.

Posts: 27935 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
So, basically, McRaven believes that the United States is the world cop, the world arbiter of good and evil, of freedom and equality everywhere. We are responsible for the entire world.

That dog might hunt if we were successful at it. World War II was the last war we truly won. The North/South Korea situation has never been truly resolved. Vietnam fell to the commies only two years after we left. Somalia was a disaster. Nobody can argue that Iraq is better off since we removed Saddam Hussein.

Well he needs (Did) to do something with all those ships. What’s that saying about hammers and nails!

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Rep. Paul Gosar: Trump was right to withdraw troops from Syria – We should protect US borders instead
Paul Gosar By Paul Gosar | Fox News

FOX NEWS > https://www.foxnews.com/opinio...ct-us-border-instead
===================================
..."If a president is going to send American troops into combat, he should have the moral courage to honor the Constitution, allow Congress to declare war, and then fight to win.

While there was no AUMF passed to authorize military action in Syria, it is exactly where we have found ourselves since President Barack Obama’s decision to strike in 2013.

My position remains the same today as it did when I spoke on the House floor in 2013: Without congressional approval, we have no business in Syria. Congress never voted to send troops to Syria, but found the courage to pass a resolution condemning President Trump’s removal of troops from Syria. That is the simplest reason for why I voted against it.

Beyond the clear constitutional parameters that enable a president and Congress to authorize military action, the Syrian conflict stuck American troops in a messy proxy war against Russia, aligned with less than ideal strategic partners.

The Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) is a militant group, designated by the United States and the European Union as a terrorist organization. The PKK is a coalition of Maoists, Marxist-Leninists and other Communists. While America shares a common enemy with the PKK – the Islamic State (ISIS) – the PKK doesn’t share American ideals or have anything else in common with Western values."
....."Now that the ISIS caliphate has been defeated, there is simply no reason for American troops to remain fighting an endless and unauthorized war. President Trump promised he would bring our troops home, stop endless wars, and defeat ISIS. That is exactly what his decision will do.

Instead of fighting wars for other countries and involving ourselves in proxy wars in the Middle East, we are putting America first.

The power to authorize military force belongs to Congress, and to Congress alone. If our great republic is to stand the test of time, we must honor our constitutional obligations and duties.

I say to those politicians who want more war: bring it to the floor of Congress, make your case and let us vote. Put your position firmly in the record. As for me, I’ve had enough of our good men and women getting killed and wounded in battles that have no valid U.S. interests at stake.".....

....."I will vote against more wars with no plan for victory and an open checkbook of taxpayer costs.

Finally, it’s ironic that so many Democrats and soft Republicans are clamoring to protect Syrian borders with our troops and money – but claim our own border should be open."

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Trump says his Doral resort will no longer host G-7 after backlash
BY BRETT SAMUELS - 10/19/19 10:00 PM EDT

THE HILL > https://thehill.com/homenews/a...t-g-7-after-backlash

"I thought I was doing something very good for our Country by using Trump National Doral, in Miami, for hosting the G-7 Leaders. It is big, grand, on hundreds of acres, next to MIAMI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT, has tremendous ballrooms & meeting rooms, and each delegation would have...

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 20, 2019
.....its own 50 to 70 unit building. Would set up better than other alternatives. I announced that I would be willing to do it at NO PROFIT or, if legally permissible, at ZERO COST to the USA. But, as usual, the Hostile Media & their Democrat Partners went CRAZY!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 20, 2019
....Therefore, based on both Media & Democrat Crazed and Irrational Hostility, we will no longer consider Trump National Doral, Miami, as the Host Site for the G-7 in 2020. We will begin the search for another site, including the possibility of Camp David, immediately. Thank you!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 20, 2019"

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Perhaps there is a nearby motel 8?

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TSE:
Perhaps there is a nearby motel 8?

motel 7 even better

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The Red Roof in Philadelphia might fit the bill.

Seriously, these leftists aren't happy unless everyone is miserable or just as long as they can say they screwed over President Trump.

Make these whiny reporters stay at the Red Roof and then bus them everyday to Camp David. Too bad, so sad cause you all could've had your own suites at Doral.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I’m surprised he backed down.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:

Now he can say he was going to host it free, and save the American people 7 or 8 million dollars, but the dems were more interested in making sure he didn’t get rich.

Posts: 3232 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Honestly, I think he announced it initially just to drive these people crazy knowing full well how they would react. It's the same as when he jokes at his rallies about staying in office the next 12-14 years, just to drive these unhinged idiots up the wall. I mean seriously, the THUG Act? Do normal people see this and not screw up their face in bewilderment at the absurd behavior of these democrats?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

Honestly, I think he announced it initially just to drive these people crazy knowing full well how they would react. It's the same as when he jokes at his rallies about staying in office the next 12-14 years, just to drive these unhinged idiots up the wall. I mean seriously, the THUG Act? Do normal people see this and not screw up their face in bewilderment at the absurd behavior of these democrats?

Good point. Guess he’s got several ways he could go with anything he does to get the left spun up and frothing. Big Grin

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Democrat leaders talking tough on immigration before Trump was elected.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post