SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://twitter.com/bennyjohns.../1182825199663759360

short video of President Trump in Louisiana

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Democrats “know they can’t win on Election Day so they’re pursuing an illegal, invalid, and Unconstitutional Bullsh*t Impeachment”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

President Trump got em fired up in Louisiana

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...n-louisiana-n2554643

Blue Wipeout in Louisiana: GOP Gains Senate Supermajority, Dem Governor Now on the Ropes

Banned
posted Hide Post
What does Trump mean when he says you need an ID to buy groceries?

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:

If you pay with a paper check,buy tobacco or alcohol, you need an ID.

Posts: 12678 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
What do you think he meant, this man who speaks quickly and without a script? Take a guess. What do you think he meant when he said that? Do you think that he meant that if you walk into a store and purchase items with cash money, that you need an ID and without it, you will not be allowed to complete the transaction? Putting the remark into context might help.

I wonder why you would take such a remark seriously, for even one single second. Do you have any idea how accessible is President Trump? How many questions he answers- without a script- from the press? If you know anything at all about Donald Trump, you know that some things he says cannot be taken literally. The news media wants to make the man look like a doofus. They nitpick single remarks of his all the time, trying to make him look like a fool, when all the while, they know what he meant when he said whatever it is they're nitpicking. It's very revealing that they do this.

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
What do you think he meant, this man who speaks quickly and without a script? Take a guess. What do you think he meant when he said that? Do you think that he meant that if you walk into a store and purchase items with cash money, that you need an ID and without it, you will not be allowed to complete the transaction? Putting the remark into context might help.

I wonder why you would take such a remark seriously, for even one single second. Do you have any idea how accessible is President Trump? How many questions he answers- without a script- from the press? If you know anything at all about Donald Trump, you know that some things he says cannot be taken literally. The news media wants to make the man look like a doofus. They nitpick single remarks of his all the time, trying to make him look like a fool, when all the while, they know what he meant when he said whatever it is they're nitpicking. It's very revealing that they do this.

I wasn't sure if I should take it seriously. It was given in a speech, not an off-script sort of moment. It's an exaggeration, I get it. Hyberbole. Thought there might be something more to it.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Report This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Well, I just paid with plastic in Publix yesterday and was asked for an ID to go with my card.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:

It's just booze, tobacco, or ANY purchase with a check. Many folks still pay with checks ( I do) , and we/they 100% need ID to do that. Just try to buy anything with a check with no ID. Good luck doing that. Most people use cards or checks. Trump was not talking about those using cash. A very small minority, IMO.

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
This has been around for a while but it's still funny.

https://www.bing.com/videos/se...89DE51C2ED&FORM=VIRE

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I know how this makes many of you feel, because I feel the same way.

There's a reckoning coming.

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5viO3shoJyw" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
I'd likely get my ass whipped, but the guy who threw that punch would go down, and hard. You're right, a reckoning is coming, but I'm far too impatient to put up with these types.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 10/14/19

Description

INTERVIEW – JOE DIGENOVA – legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia

Schiff admits he should have been ‘much more clear’ about contact with whistleblower
Adam Schiff: ‘There Doesn’t Need to Be a Quid Pro Quo’ to Impeach Trump
Schiff Says Congress May Not Need To Interview Whistleblower After All
Democrats using Intel Committee to keep impeachment facts hidden from the public, says WSJ’s Kim Strassel | Fox News
Adam Schiff has 2 aides who worked with whistleblower at White House
Joe Biden worked with whistleblower when he was vice president, officials reveal
Ukraine whistleblower wants to testify in writing instead of appearing in person
MEET THE PRESS WON’T AIR NEWS ABOUT HUNTER: Chuck Todd: “Politics ain’t beanbag, but it isn’t supposed to be this either. We all need to play a role in not rewarding this kind of politics”
NYT: Hunter Biden to Leave Chinese Company Board, Addressing Appearance of a Conflict. ALTOONA, Iowa — Hunter Biden, whose overseas business dealings have drawn relentless attacks from President Trump and posed a threat to the candidacy of his father, Joseph R. Biden Jr., intends to step down from the board of a Chinese company, BHR, by the end of the month, his lawyer said on Sunday, a move his father later lauded in a forceful defense of his son’s integrity.
IG REPORT DUE OUT FRIDAY: Maria Bartiromo: DOJ inspector general report due out Friday and covers ‘more than just FISA abuse’ (Washington Examiner) – Fox Business anchor Maria Bartiromo says her sources are telling her an extensive report by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz on alleged Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuses by the Justice Department and the FBI will be released by the end of next week. Bartiromo, who is the first journalist to report an exact release date, discussed what she had learned on her Fox News show, Sunday Morning Futures, with two Republican congressmen who deduced former high-ranking government officials are bracing for a scathing critique. “I’m hearing the IG report will be out this upcoming Friday, Oct. 18, and my sources say it’s as thick as a telephone book,” Bartiromo said, adding that it covers “more than just FISA abuse.”

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5viO3shoJyw" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
I'd likely get my ass whipped, but the guy who threw that punch would go down, and hard. You're right, a reckoning is coming, but I'm far too impatient to put up with these types.

That would have sent me into a rage of violence that would have sent them pajama boys scurrying. They might kill me but not before I ripped the arms off of the animal who touched my girl.
The reckoning needs to get here sooner.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What about the safety of the woman once the melee began? The correct course of action in that crowd was to get her out of there.

Time and place

There will be a reckoning

As it stand, there are good images of this gutter trash. Let the police investigate. They may come up empty, or we may end up being be pleasantly surprised.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Just blowing off verbal steam. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:

It'll continue until folks actually fight back. Sadly, that's what the left is hoping for. Nothing would slow this Trump economy like riots in the major cities. I'd like to see a few of these assholes get perforated, but I'd expect in places where this is happening, the leftist controlled just us system would fry the shooter and the media would paint them as Trump Nazi's trying to stifle the 1st Amendment during a "peaceful protest".

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
This will be a media war like nothing we have ever seen.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Gotta' hand it to House Member Gaetz.

He tried to crash Schiff's hearing and keeps the Republican ongoing objection about no due process and secret proceedings front and center in the news. LINK

The House Republicans need to make a stink every day.

And, throw some spike strips in front of this careening bus.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Adam Schiff is hiding details about Democratic impeachment case because it's weak

https://www.washingtonexaminer...m7GjrEyljZPUEk8MX0nE

House Democrats confident that their push for impeachment is a political slam-dunk might want to figure out how they can reconcile two contradictory facts.

On the one hand, they say that there is a clear case for impeachment that every voter can understand. On the other, Rep. Adam Schiff, who is leading the charge, is doing everything possible to keep the details surrounding the impeachment charge secret.

If impeachment is a sure thing, why hasn’t there been a vote on it yet?

If it’s so easy to understand, why is Schiff hiding key information about it from the public?

Asked Sunday on CBS’s Face the Nation about holding closed-door hearings with witnesses in the impeachment pursuit, Schiff all but admitted that the whole truth about the Democrats’ case isn’t really important.

“We want to make sure that we meet the needs of the investigation,” he said, “and not give the president or his legal minions the opportunity to tailor their testimony and in some cases fabricate testimony to suit their interests.”

In other words, Schiff doesn’t believe that Trump deserves the chance to confront his accusers — to respond to the full content of every secret hearing hosted by Schiff. Instead, Schiff believes the White House should only be allowed to respond to the selective bits that he and his Democrat colleagues decide to leak to the media.

Isn’t that exactly what you would do if you were confident that you had an unimpeachable case for impeachment?

“This has clarity and understanding in the eyes of the American people,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi of California reportedly said in a private meeting with colleagues last month.

Rep. Debbie Dingell of Michigan, has said she believes that “everybody understands” the “very clear threat to national security and to our Constitution” that rose from the phone call.

New York Times' Charles Blow, master of original metaphors, has written this week that “the clarity” of Trump’s “transgression” on the call is “as clear as a bell.”

Eugene Robinson at the Washington Post has confidently declared that “it is not in question” that Trump “committed at least one impeachable offense” and that his “misconduct” is “easy to understand.”

If the case is so “easy to understand,” then when is the vote? Where are the articles of impeachment? Why is Schiff hiding the ball?

They won’t answer those questions. And the march to impeachment suddenly doesn’t look so hot.

posted Hide Post
Schiff: Public Has No Right To Observe Impeachment Inquiry...Then Kicks GOP Lawmaker Out

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...cks-gop-lawmaker-out

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) says that the public shouldn't be allowed to observe hearings in the ongoing impeachment inquiry, as doing so may allow Republicans to then "fabricate testimony" (and totally not because their case is falling apart).

On Sunday, Schiff told host Margaret Brennan that the ongoing impeachment inquiry is "analogous to a grand jury proceeding," which is "done out of the public view initially."

Byron York

@ByronYork

Rep Schiff says impeachment hearings must be secret because they're like grand jury; can't let Trump side coordinate stories. Question: Will Schiff pledge to release all transcripts before public hearings and reasonable period of time before House votes on impeachment articles?

Based on a politically biased CIA officer's second-hand complaint over a phone call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelensky in which Trump asked for an investigation of former VP Joe Biden, House Democrats have forged ahead with their impeachment inquiry despite several damaging revelations to their narrative; namely that the whistleblower worked with former Biden and two Schiff staffers.

More importantly, a transcript of the call in question reveals no such pressure or quid pro quo by Trump.

Meanwhile, Schiff booted GOP Rep. Matt Gaetz out of Monday morning testimony with former White House Russia adviser Fiona Hill, who resigned shortly before President Trump's call with Zelensky.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL), assuming he was allowed to sit in on the testimony because he's a member of the House Judiciary Committee, found that he was mistaken.

Gaetz told the press that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff had asked him to leave because only the Intelligence, Oversight and Reform, and Foreign Affairs committees, who are leading the impeachment inquiry, had the right to be there. -Town Hall

Rep. Jim Jordan

@Jim_Jordan

.@RepAdamSchiff is conducting his secretive impeachment proceedings in the basement of the Capitol, and now he’s kicked @mattgaetz out of today’s deposition.

This testimony should be available to every member of Congress and every single American. What is Schiff hiding?
1:34 PM - Oct 14, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy

26.6K people are talking about this

Interesting, Schiff went from calling for Trump to release a transcript of the Zelensky call and the whistleblower complaint - which Trump did, to wanting everything done through non-public, 'secretive' proceedings.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
We need to be out of [Syria], Retired colonel says

Oct. 14, 2019 - 5:13 - Retired Army Col. Douglas Macgregor says he wouldn't have urged sanctions at this point, but that President Trump is right in withdrawing our troops from Syria.

https://video.foxbusiness.com/...636001#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post