SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^. It's a good letter and I'm glad they are taking this approach.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Shit, that signature alone should strike terror in the dem's shriveled little hearts.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
see any bias here ?

Only if a hog's ass ain't pork!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The dems are too afraid to move forward with this impeachment nonsense. Won't Trump’s legal team eventually--if not in the House then certainly in the Senate--be able to issue subpoenas and call witnesses? Imagine Joe and Hunter Biden up on that stand. Or what about Bill Taylor, the career diplomat in Ukraine who is no friend to the President who was the one who texted the ambassador saying “I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign"? Yeah, that guy. I believe that text was all part of this staged gotcha to setup the President. They just never imagined that Trump would actually release the transcript. Yeah, get him on the stand and question him too.

The dems are going to have this blow up in their faces if they take it any further.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
The dems are too afraid to move forward with this impeachment nonsense. Won't Trump’s legal team eventually--if not in the House then certainly in the Senate--be able to issue subpoenas and call witnesses? Imagine Joe and Hunter Biden up on that stand. Or what about Bill Taylor, the career diplomat in Ukraine who is no friend to the President who was the one who texted the ambassador saying “I think it’s crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign"? Yeah, that guy. I believe that text was all part of this staged gotcha to setup the President. They just never imagined that Trump would actually release the transcript. Yeah, get him on the stand and question him too.

The dems are going to have this blow up in their faces if they take it any further.

This is just like the Kavanaugh fiasco,so be prepared for more BS to be hurled in the next few weeks to try and keep this alive.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Lies, leaks and half-truths: Adam Schiff's credibility crumbling amid impeachment push

https://www.washingtontimes.co...ng-amid-donald-trum/

Rep. Adam Schiff, now leading the closed-door impeachment inquiry, has left a trail of anti-Trump allegations that remain unproven or conflict with the official record, an analysis shows.

The California Democrat once insinuated that a blocked call on Donald Trump Jr.’s cell phone was to tell his dad about an upcoming meeting with a Russian lawyer.

Turned out, the call was to a business associate.

“Adam Schiff is basically the Jussie Smollett of Congress on steroids,” Don Jr. said on Fox News.

That is just one example. A Washington Times review of Mr. Schiff’s comments on Russia and impeachment found multiple embellishments, half-truths and factual misstatements.

The renewed focus on Mr. Schiff’s truth record comes as the Democratic leader, in making the case for impeachment, has put words in the commander in chief’s mouth that President Trump never uttered. And, a comparison of the congressman’s statements to special counsel Robert Mueller’s report finished in March raises concerns about Mr. Schiff’s credibility.

The Democrat’s narrative amounts to “all these lies,” said House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy, California Republican.

“Adam Schiff lied about having quote-unquote stone-cold evidence about Russia collusion,” White House spokesman Hogan Gridley told Fox News.

Mr. Schiff’s most recent allegation had even some normally loyal pundits criticizing him.

At a Sept. 26 nationally televised hearing, Mr. Schiff said Mr. Trump requested that Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky fabricate evidence against former Vice President Joe Biden. In other words, Mr. Trump was asking Mr. Zelensky to commit a felony.

Such a request isn’t in the transcript of the July phone call. Challenged by Republicans, Mr. Schiff defended his version of the call as his own personal “parody.”

After two days of taking heat, the California Democrat shifted his defense, tweeting that the unidentified anti-Trump whistleblower “confirmed” the quote. He didn’t explain where. It isn’t in the nine-page complaint against Mr. Trump that the whistleblower, a CIA analyst and Democrat, sent the House and Senate intelligence committees.

Republicans also accuse Mr. Schiff of lying about when he or his staff had contact with the whistleblower. At first, the congressman said there was no contact. But now it turns out the person consulted with committee Democrats.

“You know what else Adam Schiff has been saying to you and the American public that was not true?” said Rep. Lee Zeldin, New York Republican. “That he had no contact with the whistleblower — he’d like to, but he didn’t have any contact. He lied.”

There are other examples of Mr. Schiff’s dubious assertions since early 2017. The trail starts with the infamous dossier.

The Steele dossier

At a March 2017 hearing with FBI Director James Comey at the witness table, Mr. Schiff repeatedly cited the discredited Christopher Steele dossier. He gave credence to a list of unverified felony charges against Mr. Trump. The allegations came straight from the Kremlin, creating the irony of Mr. Schiff using Moscow’s election-year allegations against Mr. Trump to investigate the Russians’ own U.S. election meddling. Since that hearing, Republicans forced the disclosure that it was Mr. Schiff’s party that funded Mr. Steele. None of his 13 separate conspiracy allegations prove true. Mueller found no Trump conspiracy in his report. Mr. Schiff fought efforts to find out who funded the dossier and how the FBI used it to target Mr. Trump.

Secret was no secret

Mr. Schiff said Mr. Steele correctly predicted that energy company Rosneft would sell a 19% stake to a private investor. The charge was aimed at buttressing Mr. Steele’s allegations against Trump volunteer Carter Page.

“Is it a coincidence that the Russian gas company, Rosneft, sold a 19% share after former British intelligence officer Mr. Steele was told by Russian sources that Carter Page was offered fees on a deal of just that size?” Mr. Schiff said at the hearing.

In fact, an Internet search shows the news media reported on the 19% stake weeks before Mr. Steele wrote that particular dossier memo.

Misleading a judge

In 2018, then-House intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes, California Republican, issued a report on how the FBI used the dossier to convince a judge to approve a year’s worth of wiretaps on Mr. Page. Mr. Schiff issued a counter-memo which the established press accepted, labeling Mr. Nunes’ paper “debunked.”

But Mr. Schiff was wrong on a number of points.

He wrote that Bruce Ohr, then a top Justice Department official, didn’t go to the FBI with dossier dirt until Nov. 2016 so it would be impossible for him to have influence on the wiretaps application in October.

In fact, Mr. Ohr began feeding dossier information in August 2016, starting with Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe and reaching deep inside the Justice Department. He talked directly to Agent Peter Strzok, the man heading the Trump investigation who held great animus toward the president.

Mr. Schiff said the Nunes report “mischaracterizes Bruce Ohr’s role, overstates the significants of his interactions with Steele.”

In fact, Mr. Ohr, as associate deputy attorney general, the No. 4 position, played a critical role in repeatedly ferrying Mr. Steele’s allegations to the Obama administration and continued talking to him well into 2017. Mr. Ohr’s wife worked at Fusion GPS, Mr. Steele’s handler. Mr. Ohr provided the FBI all of her anti-Trump research, as well.

Axes to grind

Mr. Schiff said the FBI notified judge’s of the dossier’s partisan nature by writing, in a footnote in the application, that the FBI “speculates” that it came from a person who wanted to harm Mr. Trump.

In fact, the FBI knew far more. Mr. Ohr told the bureau Fusion worked for the Hillary Clinton effort and told Mr. McCabe that Mr. Steele was “desperate” to destroy candidate Trump.

Mr. Schiff said the FBI “independently corroborated” Mr. Steele’s allegations that Mr. Page, while on a public trip to Moscow in July 2016, secretly discussed bribes for sanctions relief.

In fact, the FBI didn’t confirm this, according to the Mueller report.

“The investigation did not establish that Page coordinated with the Russian government in its efforts to interfere with the 2016 election,” the report said.

In November 2016 an internal FBI report graded the dossier as only “minimally corroborated.”

No corroboration

Mr. Schiff said the FBI didn’t cite a Yahoo News story as dossier corroboration to a judge. He said the FBI included it in the application to show Mr. Page’s denial.

In fact, when Mr. Nunes eventually obtained a declassified wiretap application, it clearly showed the article was meant as corroboration. The FBI stated that the Yahoo story didn’t come from the same source — Mr. Steele — because the ex-British spy told agents he didn’t talk to reporters. Mr. Steele had spoken to the Yahoo reporter who based the story on him. There was no corroboration for the judge.

Leaks by the number

Leak 1: Mr. Schiff’s Democrats have leaked several erroneous anti-Trump stories that garnered big liberal media play.

Donald Trump Jr testified to the House intelligence committee on Dec. 7, 2017. Almost immediately CNN reported that he received a heads-up from Wikileaks that it planned to release more stolen Democratic Party emails. Thus, evidence of collusion.

The story was wrong. The email Mr. Trump Jr. provided the committee showed the unsolicited Wikileaks message came the day after the release occurred. The CNN story stayed uncorrected for hours.

Leak 2: Democrats leaked misleading Facebook numbers for Russian-bought ads, showing they supposedly targeted Michigan, Wisconsin and other swing states.

Republicans released numbers that showed deep-blue Maryland displayed more Russia ads than Wisconsin, 262 to 55.

Leak 3: Mr. Nunes, then the committee chairman, worked closely with the White House in writing his wiretap-dossier abuse memo. Mr. Nunes said he didn’t and Democrats presented no evidence that he did.

Leak 4: Democrats leaked that White House communications director Hope Hicks in testimony admitted to telling “white lies.” It turned out her example was that she would tell a caller Mr. Trump wasn’t in when he was.

Rebuttal problems

Mr. Schiff, aregular guest on CNN and MSNBC, suggested pre-Mueller report that he had seen evidence of a conspiracy or that certain known contacts between a Trump associate and a Russian amounted to election collusion.

In March 2017, the month he read from the dossier, Mr. Schiff said on MSNBC, “I don’t want to go into specifics, but I will say that there is evidence that is not circumstantial and is very much worthy of investigation, so that is what we ought to do.”

The following December on CNN he said, “We have all of these facts in chronology, you’d have to believe that these were all isolated incidents, not connected to each other — just doesn’t make rational sense … We do know this: the Russians offered help, the campaign accepted help, the Russians gave help and the president made full use of that help. That is pretty damning, whether it is proof beyond a reasonable doubt of conspiracy or not.”

One of Mr. Schiff’s major pieces of evidence is the July 2017 disclosure that Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer in June 2016 who promised dirt on Hillary Clinton. The meeting lasted about 20 minutes and she didn’t relay any dirt. The meeting had nothing to do with Russian hacking or social media information warfare.

In his overall conclusion, the Mueller report said, “The investigation did not establish that members of the Trump campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities.”

In April 2018, Mr. Nunes and the Republican majority issued a report saying there was no election conspiracy. Mr. Schiff issued a 99-page rebuttal.

One section focused the George Papadopoulos, the Trump adviser who met Joseph Mifsud, a Maltese professor active in Western national security circles. In London, Mr. Mifsud told Mr. Papadopoulos on April 26, 2016 that he heard Moscow owned “thousands” of Clinton emails.

Mr. Schiff said Mr. Nunes never sought records to “determine whom on the campaign he would have reported this overture to.”

“You cannot find what you dod not seek,” the Schiff report said.

In fact, the Mueller report a year later found that Mr. Papadopoulos never acted on what Mr. Mifsud said nor told anyone on the campaign. He communicated with a Russian tied to a think tank about having candidate Trump visit Moscow. No visit happened.

Mr. Mueller examined all of Mr. Papadopoulos’ actions in Europe. There was no evidence he was involved in coordinating hacking or social media.

Mr. Schiff’s report is dotted with a Russian here and a Russian there reaching out to the Trump campaign. But again, the long Mueller investigation did not find anything contact was part of a conspiracy.

The Schiff report implies that the National Rifle Associate took millions of dollars in illegal campaign contributions from Russia. This is a theory pushed repeatedly by Fusion GPS, Hillary Clinton’s opposition research firm which handled Mr. Steele and circulated his bogus dossier.

There was no evidence of this in the Mueller report. Nor have there been any confirmed reports that the FBI is investigating the NRA.

Resign and censure

News in March that the Mueller investigation found no Trump-Russia election conspiracy prompted House intelligence committee Republicans to write a letter demanding Mr. Schiff resign the chairmanship.

“The findings of the special counsel conclusively refute your past and present assertions and have exposed you as having abused your position to knowingly promote false information, having damaged the integrity for his committee, and undermine faith in U.S. government institutions,” the Republicans wrote.

After Mr. Schiff’s “parody” routine, Rep. Andy Biggs, Arizona Republican, offered a resolution calling on the House to censure him.

Mr. Schiff vigorously defended himself at a March 28 hearing.

He mentioned: Don Jr.’s willingness to meet with the Russian attorney; Paul Manafort, former campaign manger, providing polling data to his long time employee in Ukraine who the FBI says is tied to Russian intelligence; Adviser Roger Stone, who had a brief message exchange with a persona who turned out to be a Russian intelligence officer.

“My colleagues may think it’s OK that the Russians offered dirt on the Democratic candidate for president of part of what was described as the Russian government’s effort to help the Trump campaign,” he said. “You might think that’s OK. My colleagues might think it’s OK, when that was offered to the son of the President who had a pivotal role in the campaign, that the President’s son did not call the FBI. He did not adamantly refuse that foreign help. No, instead that son said that he would love the help of the Russians.”

None of Mr. Schiff’s examples went to the core investigation: did Trump associates conspire with Russians to interfere in the election?

Said Mr. Schiff, “I have always said that the question of whether this amounts to proof of conspiracy was another matter, whether the Special Counsel could prove beyond a reasonable doubt, the proof of that crime would be up to the Special Counsel and I would accept his decision, and I do. He’s a good and honorable man, and he is a good prosecutor. But I do not think that conduct, criminal or not, it’s OK. And the day we do think that’s OK is the day we will look back and say that is the day America lost its way.”

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think I may have mentioned it before- if you're a working person, put in for a vacation day for Wednesday, November 4, 2020 and keep your children out of school. If you live in a city of any size, you do not want to be on the roads the day after the Presidential election, because Donald Trump is going to landslide the election. It will be decisive and you want to be at home with your family the next day, because the outrage will be immeasurable and violent.

I'm as serious as I can be.

Posts: 107258 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I think I may have mentioned it before- if you're a working person, put in for a vacation day for Wednesday, November 4, 2020 and keep your children out of school. If you live in a city of any size, you do not want to be on the roads the day after the Presidential election, because Donald Trump is going to landslide the election. It will be decisive and you want to be at home with your family the next day, because the outrage will be immeasurable and violent.

I hadn’t thought of that. That’s some really good advice especially if you live in lefty-land as I do.

Posts: 2581 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Report This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, this new Pancake-gate scandal is going to finally topple President Trump!

/sarc It's newsweek, what do you expect Roll Eyes

quote:

DONALD TRUMP STOLE PANCAKES AND FORGOT A RELATIVE WAS DEAD WHILE VISITING FAMILY, COUSIN CLAIMS

A relative of President Donald Trump has accused the self-proclaimed billionaire of being a pancake thief, having stolen a handful of flat cakes while on vacation at his late mother's former home in Scotland.

A distant cousin of the president, Alice Mackay—related to Trump through his mother's family, the McLeods—said the commander-in-chief is an unpleasant man who has never used any of his wealth to help his mother's local community.

The 79-year-old spoke in glowing terms about Trump's late mother—Mary Anne MacLeod, who died in 2000—and his older sister—Maryanne Trump Barry, 82—saying they were both generous people who made many contributions to the Isle of Lewis, an island located in Scotland's far northern Outer Hebrides archipelago.

Mackay told Scottish newspaper The National: "I don't like the man at all, he's so unlike his mother and father." She recalled that Mary Anne and Fred Trump were "lovely parents, I don't know what went wrong with him. My mum and dad were second cousins. Every time they were over here they came to ours for dinner."

Mackay recalled one morning when the future president committed two social faux pas in quick succession. "He was here one morning I was busy making pancakes and he had forgotten my husband had died," she said. "He put a few pancakes in [his] pocket and never said 'cheerio' or anything."

The White House did not immediately respond to Newsweek's request for comment regarding the allegation of theft.

Trump visited his mother's former home in the village of Tong in the northeast of the Isle of Lewis in 2008. According to The National, the president has only visited once, and spent just 97 seconds in the home where his mother was raised alongside nine siblings.

During his visit, Trump said he had been "very busy—I am building jobs all over the world—and it's very, very tough to find the time to come back. But this just seemed an appropriate time, because I have the plane... I'm very glad I did, and I will be back again."

Mary Anne eventually emigrated to the U.S. in 1930 at the age of 17. Settling in New York, she met Trump's father Fred at a party and the two later married in 1936.

From across the Atlantic Ocean, Mary Anne retained her links with the isolated community, donating funds to help construct a village hall in the 1970s. Mary Anne visited Scotland regularly, and spoke the traditional Gaelic language when she did, according to the BBC.

Maryanne, who visited the area many times, continued in her mother's generous tradition and donated almost $200,000 to a care home and hospice in Stornoway, the largest city on the Isle of Lewis.

"They were a lovely pair," Mackay recalled. "His sister gave a big donation to the hospice. Mary Anne gave money to the Tong center as well. She was lovely."

During his trip, Trump met a delegation from the local council to talk about plans to convert Lews Castle into a hotel and museum. The National said the billionaire promised to "look at it," but never got back in touch with officials.

https://www.newsweek.com/donal...LZnU_mxRpOQ8Rkqq_Wsw

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
WH letter to the House

Trey Gowdy was at the WH today several hours before the letter was released. Then it emerged that he has agreed to sign on as an outside counsel representing the president.

https://www.washingtonexaminer...hment-inquiry-report

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
WH letter to the House

Doozy of a letter. Protects the Executive branch.

Now, what about Kevin McCarthy stepping up to protect the House?

Tell the American people about how Pelosi et al are destroying the House that we need.

Come on McCarthy. Give the president a hand and show that you care about the institution of the House against lawless power.

McCarthy wants to be Speaker someday? Now's the time to show he has a Statesman's care.

If he can't do it now with this roadmap, maybe he should assign someone who can.

Crumble Pelosi's impeachment House of cards.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
quote:

I hadn’t thought of that. That’s some really good advice especially if you live in lefty-land as I do.

Excellent advice.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roberth:
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
quote:

Excellent advice.

Yep, I fully agree. Even the ones not looking to smash the patriarchy are going to be on little or no sleep and probably many still half drunk or worse. Being on the roads and having to deal with shellshocked, hungover people in droves waiting to get sparked off is not my idea of a good time. It'll be worse on the interstate than post election day 2016 multiplied by the day after any Superbowl you can think of with some New Year's Day for flavor. Sounds like a time to get the firepit going on the back deck and listen to the sobbing and screaming instead.

Posts: 17059 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
John Durham broadens scope of Russia origins inquiry into events in 2017

https://www.washingtonexaminer...-into-events-in-2017

The federal prosecutor running the Justice Department's review of the origins of the Russia investigation has expanded the inquiry that critics have panned as an effort to discredit special counsel Robert Mueller's work.

After months of investigating, U.S. Attorney John Durham has broadened his team to include additional agents and resources as the timeline they are examining has extended, according to Fox News.

The investigation of the investigators, led by Attorney General William Barr and Durham as his right-hand man, had targeted the beginning of the Trump-Russia counterintelligence investigation to the 2016 election. It has been elongated to include at least the spring of 2017, when former FBI Director Robert Mueller was appointed special counsel after former FBI Director James Comey was fired by Trump and leaked the contents of some of his memos to the media.

Durham's team has been focusing so far on the FBI's reliance on informants, some of whom, such as Cambridge professor Stefan Halper, made contact with members of the Trump campaign. Durham may also be looking into alleged Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act abuses.

The 412 pages of redacted FISA documents released in 2018 show that the DOJ and the FBI made extensive use of an unverified dossier compiled by British ex-spy Christopher Steele, which made a series of allegations regarding Trump and Russia. Steele put his research together in 2016 at the behest of Fusion GPS, which had been hired by the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee through the Perkins Coie law firm. The funding Steele received from a Democratic presidential campaign was not revealed to the FISA Court.

The Barr-Durham investigation is separate from the one just finished by DOJ Inspector General Michael Horowitz. The DOJ watchdog investigated allegations of FISA abuse by the DOJ and the FBI, and Horowitz has spoken with Durham, who is handling any criminal referrals from Horowitz’s investigation.

Barr testified to the Senate in April he believed “spying did occur” against the Trump campaign and said while he wasn’t “suggesting it wasn't adequately predicated,” it was his obligation to explore it. Barr promised he would “be reviewing both the genesis and the conduct of intelligence activities” during the 2016 election, and Trump gave him “full and complete authority to declassify information pertaining to this investigation” the following month. Barr selected Durham lead the effort soon after.

Barr praised Durham in May, saying, “He has, over the years, been used by both Republican and Democratic attorneys general to investigate these kinds of activities. And he's always gotten the most laudatory feedback from his work. So there's no doubt in my mind that he's going to conduct a thorough and fair review of this.”

DOJ spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said earlier this month that the DOJ was exploring whether any foreign intelligence services played a role in the counterintelligence investigation directed against Trump’s campaign.

“Mr. Durham is gathering information from numerous sources, including a number of foreign countries,” Kupec said. “At Attorney General Barr’s request, the president has contacted other countries to ask them to introduce the attorney general and Mr. Durham to appropriate officials.”

Soon after the transcript of a July 25 phone call between Trump and Ukraine’s president was released, a call between Trump and Australia’s prime minister was also made public, revealing that Trump had encouraged Australia to cooperate with Barr in his Trump-Russia origins investigation.

Barr also discussed the investigation with the United Kingdom and Barr traveled with Durham to Rome to meet with Italian intelligence officials as part of the effort. The duo are likely seeking information related to key Trump-Russia figures, including: Steele, whose dossier was used to obtain secret surveillance warrants against Trump campaign associate Carter Page; Australian diplomat Alexander Downer, whose tip about former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos telling him the Russians had damaging information on Hillary Clinton led the FBI to officially open the Trump-Russia counterintelligence investigation; and mysterious Maltese academic Joseph Mifsud, who allegedly told Papadopoulos that Russia had dirt on Clinton.

Reaching out to foreign governments for help in DOJ-run investigations is not uncommon. As part of his probe, Mueller made 13 requests to foreign governments for evidence.

The report from Horowitz’s investigation is expected by the end of October, but it is not known when the Barr-Durham inquiry will conclude.

Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sage advice!

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have thought the very same thing.

It will be worst in the big cities.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
It will be worst in the big cities.
...in those cities that aren't governed by the 2nd Amendment. I don't expect one whiff of problem out of Houston, TX. I think the "blue folk" know the "red folk" ain't gonna take or put up with their bullshit. Austin? Who knows and I don't really care...

Personally I might be flying on Election Day, therefore will have to vote early.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's a solid heads up. Unfortunately, I'll be on the ship away from my family on election day.

However, now that I think about it, I'm sure my wife would not mind taking the girls and herself to France to visit family during the whole month of November and December next year. In fact, I'm going to start planning this now.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I think the President is just having a little fun here.

I highly doubt the Democrat Party of 2019 is interested in two-time-loser Hillary Clinton right now.
I heard that the President dared Hillary to run and her response was "Don't tempt me. Do your job." IMO, he has been.

flashguy

His response should be: Like you did in Benghazi?

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have mentioned this before; there will be blood on the streets after the election, no exaggeration. There won't be cryin' snowflakes, there will be violence and protests non stop. This thread will be be back at the top.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post