SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
CBS to do a 4 hour miniseries on Comey's book "A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership"

airdate sometime in 2020

They have been working w Comey on this for a year

You know it will be on about 25 times in a row precisely 1 week before Election Day 2020...

Posts: 33764 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Let's hope AG Barr's findings make that miniseries a nonevent

Hear! Hear!

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
from CTH explaining Pelosi's trickery

DEMs are calling this "the House of Representatives' impeachment inquiry"

For a congressional committee to issue a subpoena that carries a legal penalty for non-compliance, 3 things are needed:

First: “the committee’s investigation of the broad subject area must be authorized by its chamber;

Second: “the investigation must pursue “a valid legislative purpose” but does not need to involve legislation and does not need to specify the ultimate intent of Congress;

Third: the specific inquiries must be pertinent to the subject matter area that has been authorized for investigation.

The first item has not been met. There has not been a full House vote on this "investigation"

https://theconservativetreehou...entagon/#more-173039

Once the DEM committees put together the "package" with no REP inputs, then Pelosi could call for the full House vote.

"this partisan approach completely cuts-out the rights of the minority (republicans) and the impeachment due process rights of the executive."

lots more at the link

CTH calls this "Lawfare" , lawyers waging warfare

Another blogger wrote that these tactics are so dirty that American politics will never be the same. I agree.

REPs (esp the Senate) need to understand no DEM is their friend or colleague. This is all out political war w no holds barred.

President Trump is being attacked with everything they can fabricate against him. It is ridiculous to criticize him for doing what he has to do to survive this unprecedented attack with some, but limited, support from the REPs.

Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Friggen absolute trash show filed with trash people. Mad

I gave up on them a few years ago when they went 100% anti-Trump every damn show but have watched clips here and there since then.

That ended last with this. I'm done, I'm out. FUCK SNL. How do they even get away with joking around like this?

They fire a guy before he even starts because he said "chink" once in a YouTube video, but they let THIS guy get away with this garbage? Confused

From Weekend Update with Michael Che:

quote:

“Alright, maybe I just don’t understand politics well, because, when they said Trump was gettin’ impeached I immediately thought, “Great! Trump’s fired! Let’s get drunk!” Che began.

“But they’re like, “No, he’s just bein’ impeached, but he ain’t exactly ‘peached yet. It’s still gonna take another year or so.” And I’m like, “Well, damn, that sucks, let’s get drunk,” he added.

Che continued, “I mean, president is only a four year job but it feels like it’s taking ’em five years to just fire his ass. It’s frustrating!

“You know, I bet somebody explained how long impeachment takes to John Wilkes Booth and he was like, 'Okay, well, where is he at right now?'" he added.

Not a single person in the audience booed or even cared that the SNL crew had just called for the president of the United States to be assassinated.

SNL ‘Joke’ Urges Trump Assassination Because Impeachment Takes Too Long[/url]

Does anybody remember when SNL used to be funny? That was before they crossed over into crazy

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Absolutely disgusting & the audience thinking that was funny is even worse. I say a quiet prayer everyday for President Trump & for his family’s safety. These are not Americans. I’d wager they don’t or can’t bring themselves to say the Pledge of Allegiance.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Frankly, it wouldn't surprise me if lesser lights on the international stage make a move right now.

President Trump is facing domestic forces at the highest level, willing to lie to hamper him.

Countries like Russia and China are constrained by fear of galvanizing the country if we needed to respond to a big move.

Herein lies another anti-American danger brought to us courtesy of the left.

Much like disbelief that the US would sideline one of its best soldiers like Patton for a minor incident, opponents must feel disbelief about some Americans hampering their own president over a pleasant phone call.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

More winning!

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

President Trump Signs the U.S. - Japan Trade Agreement & U.S. - Japan Digital Trade Agreement
Oct 7, 2019

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I hesitate to post this, as I haven't read it all. And the source is a Limbaugh link, whatever that may mean in pursuing this story.

"Clapp incriminates obama" on public air waves?"
here's the link,

https://www.rushlimbaugh.com/d...obama-made-us-do-it/

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zqk2R3pZA2g" width="634"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

There's a lot of conjecture in there. May be this. May be that.

Haspel, for instance, may not be neck deep in a conspiracy as they intimate. Just what is she supposed to say anyway?

What if Haspel is running a quiet op of her own on the op against the president?

Maybe she's not saying anything because it is not the right time?

Maybe she is collecting information and evaluating the actors?

Wouldn't a responsible CIA director want to KNOW before they speak?

Wouldn't a responsible CIA Director allow the ICIG to operate in their own lane independently so as to eliminate an appearance of impropriety?

Wouldn't a responsible CIA Director act in a way other than these recent vintage blabbermouths, like Brennan?

I am still taken by the fact that Brennan was the best Obama could muster.

Good professionals know how to shut their mouths.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
https://m.washingtontimes.com/...Dw7a4sHZ-iVmHLOP2cSA

Justice Department clears Trump of wrongdoing on Ukraine call

Transcript of Trump's Ukrainian call reveals no quid pro quo

By Jeff Mordock and Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times
Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The Justice Department’s Criminal Division has already investigated President Trump’s conversation with the Ukrainian president about Joseph R. Biden and concluded Mr. Trump did not violate campaign finance laws, officials announced Wednesday.

And a separate division of the department has also ruled that the administration did not break the law by failing to quickly share a whistleblower’s complaint with Congress, saying the matter didn’t meet the definition of “urgent” that would trigger the law.

The department also released the transcript of Mr. Trump’s conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, showing the American leader did talk about Mr. Biden, the former vice president and current Democratic presidential front-runner, and his son, Hunter Biden. But Mr. Trump did not threaten to withhold military aid as some have alleged.

Mr. Trump did tell President Volodymyr Zelensky that his personal attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani and Attorney General William P. Barr would reach out to him to discuss the Biden case.

“I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General William Barr give you a call and we will get to the bottom of it,” Mr. Trump said, according to the transcript of the call reviewed by The Washington Times.

And Mr. Trump said it would be “great” if Ukraine reopened its investigation.

“The other thing, there’s a lot of talk about Biden’s son, that [Joe] Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great,” Mr. Trump said according to the transcript. “Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution. See if you can look into it….it sounds horrible to me.”

Mr. Zelensky appeared receptive to reviewing the Hunter Biden probe, saying a newly appointed prosecutor will “look into the situation.”

“The issue of the investigation of the case … so we will take care of that and work on the investigation of the case,” he said.

Justice Department spokeswoman Kerri Kupec said the attorney general was first made aware of the call several weeks after the July conversation between the two world leaders.

“The president has not spoken with the attorney general about having Ukraine investigate anything related to former Vice President Biden or his son,” she said in a statement. “The President has not asked the attorney general to contact the Ukraine — on this or any other matter.”

“The attorney general has not communicated with Ukraine — on this or any other subject. Nor has the attorney general discussed this matter, or anything relating to Ukraine with Rudy Giuliani,” she continued.

Also, during the conversation, Mr. Trump appears to imply a missing server from the Democrat National Committee is located in Ukraine.

“I would like you to do us a favor though our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows about it,” he said. “I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine. They say crowd strike…The server, they say Ukraine has it.”

That conversation has turned into a firestorm in Washington, where House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says it amounts to a breach of the president’s oath of office and is troubling enough to launch an impeachment inquiry.

Mr. Trump has insisted the conversation was innocent.

A whistleblower reported the conversation to authorities Aug. 12, citing information from “White House officials” and saying it appeared Mr. Trump was trying to pressure Ukraine to assist in his 2020 election.

The intelligence community inspector general concluded that the whistleblower showed political bias — but said the report was still credible and urgent enough that it needed to be shared with Congress by the Director of National Intelligence.

But the Justice Department’s Office of Legal Counsel said that’s not the case.

“The question is whether such a complaint falls within the statutory definition of ‘urgent concern’ that the law requires the DNI to forward to the intelligence committees. We conclude that it does not,” wrote Steven A. Engel, assistant attorney general at the OLC.

They also ruled that the president’s conversation was a diplomatic communication and not an intelligence activity, and the president isn’t a part of the intelligence community anyway, so his behavior is not part of the DNI’s purview.

“Such matters simply do not relate to ‘the funding, administration or operation of an intelligence activity within the responsibility and authority’ of the DNI,” Mr. Engel concluded.

He said if anything, the Justice Department should be the ones to investigate.

And indeed that happened. The Justice Department’s criminal division said it probed the conversation as a possible violation of campaign finance laws, wondering if Mr. Trump had solicited a contribution of sorts by asking Ukraine to probe an opponent.

The department said it concluded that wasn’t the case.

The review came in late August when intelligence officials referred the matter to the Justice Department’s criminal division to see if the president’s comments violated laws barring candidates requesting assistance from foreign sources.

Intelligence officials also made a separate referral to the FBI, which was rerouted back to the Justice Department.

After reviewing a transcript of the call, prosecutors concluded there was no appropriate reason for a criminal investigation. But senior officials acknowledged the department’s review did include interviews with potential witnesses to the phone call or others who may have had relevant information.

Those same officials also the review was closed because help from a foreign country could not be considered “a thing of value” under campaign finance law. Federal law defines a “thing of value” has any assistance provided to a campaign and it is not limited to monetary donations.

Ms. Kupec said the Justice Department relied on “established procedures” and determined “there was no campaign finance violation and no further action was warranted.

“All relevant components of the department agreed with this legal conclusion and the department has concluded the matter,” she said.

Justice officials said Mr. Barr was aware of the inspector general’s referral, but he did not make the final decision to reject initiating a criminal investigation of the president.

-

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am still taken by the fact that Brennan was the best Obama could muster

Brennen was exactly the man Obama needed in that position, but especially if the FISA abuse goes back as far as everyone thinks it does.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9153 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Hillary Clinton Looking to jump into 2020 Race?

From Zero Hedge:

Hillary Rockets Into 3rd Place On PredictIt As Rumors Swirl Over 2020 Run

quote:
The odds of Hillary Clinton entering the 2020 presidential race and winning the Democratic nomination jumped to third place per PredictIt, as rumors swirl that she'll be back to take another bite at the apple.

Oh, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find some way to yet again SCAM the Democrats into nominating you, Hillary! I can't wait to see you get your ass handed to you ever more so than in 2016! Big Grin

Of course Trump thinks the same way:

quote:

President Trump, meanwhile, is trolling the whole idea, tweeting on Tuesday "I think that Crooked Hillary Clinton should enter the race to try and steal it away from Uber Left Elizabeth Warren. Only one condition. The Crooked one must explain all of her high crimes and misdemeanors including how & why she deleted 33,000 Emails AFTER getting “C” Subpoena!"

LMAO!!!

Posts: 33764 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Hillary Clinton Looking to jump into 2020 Race?

From Zero Hedge:

Hillary Rockets Into 3rd Place On PredictIt As Rumors Swirl Over 2020 Run

quote:
The odds of Hillary Clinton entering the 2020 presidential race and winning the Democratic nomination jumped to third place per PredictIt, as rumors swirl that she'll be back to take another bite at the apple.

Oh, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find some way to yet again SCAM the Democrats into nominating you, Hillary! I can't wait to see you get your ass handed to you ever more so than in 2016! Big Grin

quote:

President Trump, meanwhile, is trolling the whole idea, tweeting on Tuesday "I think that Crooked Hillary Clinton should enter the race to try and steal it away from Uber Left Elizabeth Warren. Only one condition. The Crooked one must explain all of her high crimes and misdemeanors including how & why she deleted 33,000 Emails AFTER getting “C” Subpoena!"

LMAO!!!

Best thing that could ever happen for the 2020 race. The Dems would be fools to run her.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
I don't think Hitllary could physically take another run at POTUS. That last one just about melted her down, unless of course, Howard Wolowitz has indeed successfully built an EXACT replica robot of her. Razz

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:

quote:

LMAO!!!

Trump is really good at this.... and it's why he's surviving. He's a master at pushing back and at trolling the enemy!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
I was saying at the lunch table yesterday that If Hillary decides to run, I'll personally put a "Republicans for Hillary" bumper sticker on my car.

I also said I could see President Trump posting a Hillary for president ad that closes with "I'm President Donald Trump and I approve this message."

Razz

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I think the President is just having a little fun here.

I highly doubt the Democrat Party of 2019 is interested in two-time-loser Hillary Clinton right now.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I highly doubt the Democrat Party of 2019 is interested in two-time-loser Hillary Clinton right now.

I don't think they are either. But could you imagine Hillary vs. Trump 2: The Rematch? The debates would be three times as savage. You thought the Dems were devastated in 2016? Should they run Hillary in 2020 and Trump beats her just as bad or worse, in a complete landslide, there will be wailing and screaming in the streets. I would sit on my back porch just to listen to it.

Posts: 17112 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think the President is just having a little fun here.

Of that there's little doubt Smile

quote:

I dunno. I've ceased underestimating the depths of stupidity to which the left will plunge itself.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post