SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
It's hard to logically understand how the usual detractors, like Susan Collins, find fault with the president asking for information to root out corruption.

Running for president, like Biden, is not a talisman that washes away all responsibility for Biden's possible corruption.

If not President Trump, who has asked the uncomfortable questions and sought to investigate?

Who would Susan Collins prefer? She is a Senator yet she has sat on her thumbs about Biden's appearance of impropriety for years.

Why is Biden's current candidacy deemed to place him beyond scrutiny?

As near as I can tell, Biden is not shielded by any statute or rule.

Maybe someone else sees it differently, but this Venn diagram sums it up for me.

Now Collins may breathlessly say, "But he's asking for information from a foreign government," but if the evidence is found there, how else is it to be investigated?

Quite a tautology they have going. If one of President Trump's investigators/executive branch employees look it's deemed equally wrong. And, they will continue to turn a blind eye as they've done for years.

How convenient.

They're fighting mighty hard to keep this potential corruption from coming to light.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
This is the Fox News link to Levin’s show, which first aired 9/29. This is the full episode with Peter Schweitzer. However, you may have to sign in to a cable service to watch it.

Link

The full episode is available on Mark Levin's facebook page - at least for the moment:

https://www.facebook.com/foxne...eos/698874730582266/

Posts: 4988 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
This is the Fox News link to Levin’s show, which first aired 9/29. This is the full episode with Peter Schweitzer. However, you may have to sign in to a cable service to watch it.

Link

The full episode is available on Mark Levin's facebook page - at least for the moment:

https://www.facebook.com/foxne...eos/698874730582266/

Thanks for the link.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30429 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you for the link.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:

With very few exceptions, laws simply do not apply to democrats.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17471 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:

Whatever the case, Biden sure is defensive.

(see the video at the link)

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30429 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Just watched Levin on the facebook link, thanks for the link.

Posts: 3468 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Report This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Romney. He didn't lose to Obama Candy Crowley whipped his ass before the election. Truthfully we are about equally as lucky he didn't get elected as we are Hillary not getting elected.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8539 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Whatever the case, Biden sure is defensive.

(see the video at the link)

Yeah, that REALLY gets under his skin... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What's this nonsense of a second "whistleblower" coming forward who this time has "firsthand knowledge" of the Ukranian call? Who cares? We have the transcript, morons! What's the point for chrissakes?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's hard to logically understand how the usual detractors, like Susan Collins, find fault with the president asking for information to root out corruption.

Running for president, like Biden, is not a talisman that washes away all responsibility for Biden's possible corruption.

If not President Trump, who has asked the uncomfortable questions and sought to investigate?

Who would Susan Collins prefer? She is a Senator yet she has sat on her thumbs about Biden's appearance of impropriety for years.

Maybe someone else sees it differently, but this Venn diagram sums it up for me.

Now Collins may breathlessly say, "But he's asking for information from a foreign government," but if the evidence is found there, how else is it to be investigated?

Quite a tautology they have going. If one of President Trump's investigators/executive branch employees look it's deemed equally wrong. And, they will continue to turn a blind eye as they've done for years.

How convenient.

They're fighting mighty hard to keep this potential corruption from coming to light.

As with most democrat arguments there is no real logic at all. We are told to simply accept what they say without thinking.
As you point out Biden was in obvious conflict of interest and while it should have been investigated at the time there is no reason it cannot be now. They had no problem at all doing this to Trump in his run.
It is also worthwhile looking at there nebulous claims of quid pro quo. Trump personally benefits because it could help his campaign. So by that standard any successful negotiation personally helps his campaign. Anything that is good for the US personally helps him.
I would also argue that every negotiation the US enters into involves a quid pro quo and unspoken threat. That is essentially the definition of a negotiation and the US is the most powerful economy in the world.
Their new standard of acceptability can never be achieved by anyone.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1496 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Attorneys for whistleblower confirm new individual with firsthand knowledge of Trump Ukraine call has come forward

Hey dumbasses, transcript has already been released, there's no there, there. The Ukrainians didn't know the funds were being held up. Zelensky said he wasn't pressured. From Volkers texts messages "Bill, I believe you are incorrect about President Trump's intentions. The President has been crystal clear no quid pro quo's of any kind."

Get a fucking life Dems, jeez. On second thought, keep screwing things up for Congress from swing and moderate states. Full steam ahead on the impeachment train. I shovel some coal for ya.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20839 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Jebus, this is like the Kavanaugh confirmation hearings all over again

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:

Or, they'll just pretend to follow laws and/or procedures that simply do not exist.

Sundance does a good job of explaining and outlining the attack strategy of the democraps and the 'Lawfare' group in this article -

Nancy Pelosi is “Grubering” The American Electorate on Impeachment – Committee Requests, aka “Subpoenas”, Constructed to Manufacture “Obstruction”…

Some excellent contributions in the "Comments" section as well.

Posts: 3495 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12732 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Do I have this right?

The 2nd whistleblower has 1st hand information from the 1st whistleblower's second hand information? Confused

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31432 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Donna Brazile Conducts Trump-Hating Poll on Twitter and it Backfires Spectacularly

https://www.waynedupree.com/do...x-news-twitter-poll/

https://twitter.com/donnabrazi...news-twitter-poll%2F

Posts: 12732 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They're pulling this impotent nonsense because the first "whistleblower" has been discredited because that person's information was based strictly on hearsay. But, as has been pointed out, the transcript of the call has been released, so...

It's a very encouraging development. They're doing this because they're truly desperate. As a matter of fact, with all my heart, I hope they produce a third whistleblower, a psychic, who had knowledge of the call before it took place and even a fourth whistleblower, who died six days before the call but felt a duty to his country to come back from the dead to warn us of the "existential threat" of a President who has produced a 3.5% unemployment rate, renegotiated trade deals to stop the United States from further rape by other countries, and all that other bad stuff President Trump is doing.

I am completely serious- this is very encouraging (not to mention hilarious) because it shows the depth of their desperation.

All of their efforts will fail, of course. These new, surprise witnesses (which add nothing but more illegitimacy to their already obvious lies) will accelerate the fatigue of American voters with these imbeciles.

Posts: 107719 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
Do I have this right?

The 2nd whistleblower has 1st hand information from the 1st whistleblower's second hand information? Confused

Or he just read the transcript that the entire world now has access to. Roll Eyes

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I hope they produce a third whistleblower, a psychic

Maybe they can get Johnny Wishbone, from the Island of St Croix.

Posts: 1647 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Report This Post