SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
Where is the GOP ?

We need not forget those that have turned their backs.

What do you mean where is the GOP?

Why do people insist that the GOP step in and stop the left from committing suicide? WHY? WHY??

This double secret probation stuff is the best thing that couple happen to America.

Impeachment, gun control, universal health care, global warming. All topics that ensure not just another political win for Trump, but political wins for many Repubs at the local and state level.

If they could impeach Trump and remove him from office, they already would have. They do not have the votes in the Senate, and to be honest, I do not think they have the votes in the House.

I think they need to file bills to ban high capacity magazines to cut back on carbon credits while telling people if you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Never interrupt your opponent while they are committing suicide.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
The dems have become the equivalent of that acquaintance that is always trying to involve you in the next pyramid/multilevel marketing get rich quick scheme. “Oh man you GOTTA get in on this one! THIS time it’s the real deal!”

YAAAAAAAAAAAAWN

I just nod and smile while they work themselves into a froth.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
Idiot by birth,
Asshole by choice
posted Hide Post
'The Democrats are frozen with hatred and fear': Donald Trump begins first full day as formal impeachment target swinging at Pelosi and the House members who want to bring him down
'Democrats are frozen with hatred and fear': Donald Trump begins first impeachment day on

NEW Donald Trump began his first day as a formal impeachment target the same way he has approached the months of informal impeachment rumblings since Democrats took over the House of Representatives. He went on offense. 'There has been no President in the history of our Country who has been treated so badly as I have,' he tweeted Wednesday morning. 'The Democrats are frozen with hatred and fear. They get nothing done. This should never be allowed to happen to another President. Witch Hunt!'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...ent-day-offense.html

Posts: 3100 | Location: Georgia... 45 Minutes from everywhere....... | Registered: July 05, 2005Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Longbow_06:
Where is the GOP ?

What do you mean where is the GOP?

Never interrupt your opponent while they are committing suicide.

EXACTLY.

Let them flail and make fools of themselves!

posted Hide Post
My favorite quote from Senator John Kennedy yesterday on Martha McCallum’s show. That guy says some really funny stuff.

“My Democratic friends just can't accept the fact that the American people chose Donald Trump to be president -- it's called democracy. My advice to them, and I say this gently: Fill out a 'Hurt Feelings Report' and let's move on. We've got a lot of issues that are at least as important as who-said-what-to-whom."

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Donald Trump began his first day as a formal impeachment target

I'm starting to get annoyed at all the talking heads who keep saying "formal impeachment". It's not. The house did not take a vote. The republicans need to start demanding that Pelosi hold a vote, and when she doesn't remind her progressive members that nothing has changed. There is no "formal impeachment". She might have placated them for a day or two but once they realize she played them they are going to be PISSED.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Nope.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the whole world just had "discovery" on this next dem witch hunt. Another nothing burger. Except for Uncle Joe.

Posts: 3594 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
aaaaaaaaand it looks like this Ukraine "scandal" is just another giant:

Better luck next time, you Demoshits. Maybe pivot back to RACISM RACISM RACISM? Big Grin

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The transcript of the call has been released.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-...lassified09.2019.pdf

It's as far from a quid pro quo as one can get IMO.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
Trump live Venezuela meeting after release of transcripts.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
What a surprise. Dems foaming at the mouth for a bite at the impeachment sandwich, to find out it was a shit sammy. Enjoy your meal Dems, hope it tastes great.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Does not even mention withholding military aid...so, when will we start getting accountability? Who leaked the info so a "whistleblower" could file a complaint secondhand? (If not thirdhand).

"BREAKING: President Trump's Ukraine Call Transcript Has Been Released and Blows Up the Latest Impeachment Narrative"

Katie PavlichKatie Pavlich| @KatiePavlich|Posted: Sep 25, 2019 10:00 AM

The Department of Justice has released an unredacted transcript of a phone call between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky. The call took place in July from the White House Situation Room. It shows no effort by President Trump to pressure Zelensky into investigating former Vice President Joe Biden's son, Hunter, in exchange for military aid. This action was falsely alleged by a whistleblower and pushed Democrats on Capitol Hill into an impeachment inquiry. In fact, military aid isn’t mentioned at all.

"There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General [Barr] would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it...It sounds horrible to me," Trump said.

"I wanted to tell you about the prosecutor. First of all I understand and I'm knowledgeable about the situation. Since we have won the absolute majority in our Parliament, the next prosecutor general will be 100% my person, my candidate, who will be approved by the parliament and will start as a new prosecutor in September. He or she will look in to the situation, specifically to the company that you mentioned in this issue. The issue of investigation of the case is actually the issue of making sure to restore the honesty so we will take care of that and will work on the investigation of the case," Zelensky replied.

"I'm sure you will figure it out. I heard the prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor so good luck with everything. You have a lot of assets. It's a great country. I have many Ukrainian friends, their [they're] incredible people," Trump said.

The New York Times reported earlier this year that Biden bragged about getting the prosecutor in question fired under a threat of withholding $1 billion in loan assets for the country. At the time of the firing, that prosecutor was looking into Hunter Biden.

It was a foreign policy role Joseph R. Biden Jr. enthusiastically embraced during his vice presidency: browbeating Ukraine’s notoriously corrupt government to clean up its act. And one of his most memorable performances came on a trip to Kiev in March 2016, when he threatened to withhold $1 billion in United States loan guarantees if Ukraine’s leaders did not dismiss the country’s top prosecutor, who had been accused of turning a blind eye to corruption in his own office and among the political elite.

The pressure campaign worked. The prosecutor general, long a target of criticism from other Western nations and international lenders, was soon voted out by the Ukrainian Parliament.

Among those who had a stake in the outcome was Hunter Biden, Mr. Biden’s younger son, who at the time was on the board of an energy company owned by a Ukrainian oligarch who had been in the sights of the fired prosecutor general.

You can read the entire call below.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...and-ukraine-n2553621

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
What a surprise. Dems foaming at the mouth for a bite at the impeachment sandwich, to find out it was a shit sammy. Enjoy your meal Dems, hope it tastes great.

Hah! Funny as hell summary right there!

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5160 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to see how they’re spinning this on the lefty news radio today. Should be worth a few laughs.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
So, if Trump asking the President of the Ukraine to investigate a corrupt prosecutor in his country is an impeachable offence in this country, what about the democrats who asked the Ukraine to investigate Trump?

"Democrats wrote to the Ukrainian government in May 2018 urging it to continue investigations into President Donald Trump’s alleged collusion with Russia in the 2016 presidential campaign — collusion later found not to exist."

The demand, which came from U.S. Senators Robert Menendez (D-NJ), Dick Durbin (D-IL), and Patrick Leahy (D-VT), resurfaced Wednesday in an opinion piece written by conservative Marc Thiessen in the Washington Post.

Ironically, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) declared Tuesday that the mere possibility that President Trump had asked Ukraine to continue an investigation of former Vice President Joe Biden — even without a quid pro quo — was enough to trigger an impeachment inquiry. (Biden boasted in 2018 that he had forced Ukraine to remove its prosecutor by threatening to withhold $1 billion in U.S. aid; he did not tell his audience at the Council on Foreign Relations that the prosecutor was looking into a firm on whose board his son, Hunter Biden, was serving.)

Thiessen observed (original links):

It got almost no attention, but in May [2018], CNN reported that Sens. Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) and Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) wrote a letter to Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Yuriy Lutsenko, expressing concern at the closing of four investigations they said were critical to the Mueller probe. In the letter, they implied that their support for U.S. assistance to Ukraine was at stake. Describing themselves as “strong advocates for a robust and close relationship with Ukraine,” the Democratic senators declared, “We have supported [the] capacity-building process and are disappointed that some in Kyiv appear to have cast aside these [democratic] principles to avoid the ire of President Trump,” before demanding Lutsenko “reverse course and halt any efforts to impede cooperation with this important investigation.”

The Democrats’ letter is available online here. In it, Menendez, Durbin, and Leahy demanded that the Ukrainian government answer their questions about the Mueller probe, and issued an implied threat: “This reported refusal to cooperate with the Mueller probe also sends a worrying signal — to the Ukrainian people as well as the international community — about your government’s commitment more broadly to support justice and the rule of law.”

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...t-investigate-trump/

Picture of FlyingScot
posted Hide Post
BBC is spinning this as "Confirmed, Trump requested Joe Biden Investigation".

Well, yes if there was corruption. No quid pro quo, etc. Nothing burger, but the spin will be even stronger today and tomorrow with this release. Facts and truth don't matter to the Dimocrats.

“Forigive your enemy, but remember the bastard’s name.”

-Scottish proverb

Posts: 1999 | Location: South Florida | Registered: December 24, 2007Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
But now the entire world knows that Biden pulled some shady shit with the Ukraine official investigating his son. Big Grin

Look for the Dems to run away from this as fast as they can.

Posts: 33802 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Their stupidity never ceases to amaze me, I wouldn’t use the I word without first having that transcript. Trump saying he'd release it and the “whistleblower” being hearsay should have been a big clue. Roll Eyes

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I'm amazed at the sheer number of Trump Haters on social media rejoicing about this.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post