SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'm loving how Trump has managed to turn the tables on this whole "OMG! Trump called a foreign leader!" Ukraine BS and both barrels now point RIGHT AT Creepy Joe Biden and his family!

quote:

Sean D

@seanmdav
Follow Follow @seanmdav
More
The latest media-manufactured faux scandal is that Trump needs to be impeached because he a told a foreign leader to rein in corruption. Oh, and Joe Biden, who *bragged on camera* about bribing Ukraine to fire a prosecutor investigating his son’s company, should be president.

From Zero Hedge:

Democrats Panic Over Biden-Ukraine Scandal As MSM Hits Full Spin Cycle

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

This Will Totally Destroy Trump! (Volume MCXXXVII)

“Well, ________________ is going to totally be the thing that lets us crucify Trump! Yeah, Russia flopped and his alleged Nazi-ness failed and that weasel ex-lawyer/convict of his struck out, but we promise – this time, ___________ is going to bring him down!”

So saith CNN, the Times, the gang at LonelyNeckbeardedLeftistLoser.com and the rest of the cabinboy media, along with the carb-curious Fredocon dorks and the surviving furries, pseudo-Cherokees and other assorted Democrat weirdos currently wandering about in Iowa pestering farmers to join them for selfies. There’s always a new _____________, except the “bring him down” part just never seems to happen.

No coffee for the liberal establishment, because coffee is for closers (NSFW language, sissies). These geebos have been trying to close the deal since 2015, but all they have to do it with are the Rio Rancho leads – they never get the Glengarry leads that will put a stake through the heart of the Bad Orange Man.

The second most recent act in the endless fail-a-thon that is the elite’s hysterical reaction to the rise of Donald Trump was a gambit by the Stop the Hammering guy.

CARTOONS | GARY VARVEL
VIEW CARTOON
Lawrence O’Donnell claimed he had dirt about Russians controlling Trump because they co-signed some of his loans. He had nothing. Putting aside that when someone guarantees your debts you have leverage over him, Larry the Laughingstock had to apologize when his baloney turned to Schiff.

MC Hammered should have known that when it comes to Trump, you can’t touch this. But these leftist toadies never, ever learn.

So now, some deep state dirtbag has decided he can end-run classification (sound familiar?) and executive privilege and narc out The Donald to the House Dems by leveraging the whistleblower statutes. And what is the subject of said narcage? Allegedly, Trump told the Ukrainians that they should investigate why Joe Biden’s kid and brothers ended up with hugely lucrative sweetheart deals in that notorious Slavic cesspool of corruption.

To which Normal Americans reacted by asking, “Wait, Joe Biden’s kid and brothers ended up with hugely lucrative sweetheart deals in that notorious Slavic cesspool of corruption?”

You see, the problem with making the latest THIS WILL DO IN TRUMP! moment out of the President’s alleged attempt to investigate corruption by the Biden family is that it brings to the fore a scandal that the mainstream media has carefully covered up during the marathon of gaffes that has been Gropey J’s nomination campaign, i.e.that the Biden clan has obviously made a fortune exploiting HairPlug One’s elected offices. There’s no other explanation for their amazing success. Absolutely no one is thinking, “Well, the Bidens are a smart family of cunning and shrewd thinkers who totally could have scored these huge windfalls in Ukraine (and China too) even if Joe had not been a DC power-player for nearly 50 years.”

What’s hysterical is the blindness of these DC dummies who find it unsporting of Trump to call out the sordid corruption of their fellow grifters. Remember, they admire the Bidens. This kind of primo scam is what these swampies aspire to. And they actually believe that regular folks are going to think, “That’s not cricket! How dare that upstart Trump queer the Bidens’ deals!”

This is the problem when you have an in-bred elite that dwells in a pinko bubble of corruption n’ entitlement. They think stupid things and end up resurrecting issues they otherwise could have buried. Weren’t they just howling about how doing deals with Ukrainians was a bad thing when Paul Manafort did them? It’s nuts to believe that people who live on the dismal side of I-495 are going to think Trump is the bad guy for trying to shine a spotlight on a family of Delaware looters.

A (disputed) twist in the narrative is that Trump offered, or threatened to withhold, something if the Ukes refused to cooperate in using their government’s power to assist a sitting US president against a presidential candidate of the other party. It apparently again became a wrong thing to ask a foreign government to use its power to assist a sitting US president against a presidential candidate of the other party, probably on January 20, 2017.

And of course, noted particle physicist Joe – because he’s smart – is on video bragging about how he told the Ukrainians that unless they fired a nosy prosecutor who was poking around sonny’s company they could wave dasvidaniya to a US loan. So, the whole extortion argument is…awkward.

And yeah, I know dasvidaniya is Russian. I’ve also been to Ukraine several times and have zero trouble believing that the Bidenloeones found plenty of Moe Greenskis and Hyman Rothoviches waiting there to do some sketchy deals.

So, this scandalabra is certainly, absolutely, definitely gonna do Trump in, and we can count on that because we have the usual lib suspects telling us so. The WaPo is assuring its eternally unsatisfied readers that yes, yes, this might be it! The Twitter blue check brain trust is weighing in that this is serious, so very serious! And Seth Abramson is probably still adding to his 678-tweet threat on how this is more emoluments and more Putin collusion and how this means the coming of the Supreme Court Marshal to arrest Trump for treason and the voices, the voices…

Oh, and there’s more impeachment babble – that’s the other scheme that has these nimrods gleefully tenting their soft, spindly fingers. You dummies. Here’s how impeachment goes. Pelosi gets head-locked by her commie caucus into allowing that circus to commence and you have that Willy Wonka worker reject Jerry Nadler plus Ed Buck’s bestie Adam Schiff ringleading it. When the persecution rests, the Republican defense stands up and says, “The President calls to the stand…Joe Biden and all the other Biden princelings and courtiers.” And then the Democrats freak and refuse to allow it and the Republicans say, not without a point, that impeaching Trump because he wanted a crime investigated kind of puts that crime at issue. But the Democrats will squelch the whole line of inquiry and normal Americans will cast some serious collective side-eye at that manifest cover-up.

Then the Dems will vote to impeach and it goes to the Senate, where Cocaine Mitch ensures that the Biden’s dirty laundry gets a nice long airing before putting it to a vote. Then 50 Republicans vote to acquit, with only Mitt Romney insisting on further humiliating himself by siding with the Dems. Next, Trump strolls down from Capitol Hill with a necklace made of the skulls of his enemies and defeats Big Chief Sitting Bolshevik (or whichever other Dem who is not Joe Biden runs against him) next November.

The latest ____________________ is yet another nothing burger, yet another faceplant, yet another exercise in ritual suicide by a despondent and broken elite that still cannot come to terms with its utter rejection by the American people. Yeah, Americans are going to be super upset that Trump thought that this Democrat dynasty of gypsies, tramps and thieves ought to be held accountable for its crimes. Go with that, Dems. Please. Hey, your losing streak can’t last forever.

Can it?

Wondering what America is like if the elite can toss out an elected president because he refuses to play ball for Team Lib? Then check out my action-packed yet hilarious novels, People's Republic, Indian Country and Wildfire. The fake conservative grifter doofuses whine that my books are “appalling,” thereby providing the lead blurb for Book IV (coming soon)!

https://townhall.com/columnist...m_campaign=inarticle

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.washingtontimes.co...s-are-not-returning/

Stephanie Grisham says press briefings permanently canceled, cites behavior of reporters

White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham confirmed Monday daily press briefings will not be reinstated under her leadership, citing the behavior of journalists who “weren’t being good to” President Trump’s administration.

During an appearance on Fox & Friends, Ms. Grisham said briefings would not be returning “right now” and wouldn’t come back unless the president felt they were necessary.

“He’s doing just fine,” she said, “And to be honest, the briefings have become a lot of theater and I think a lot of reporters were doing it to get famous. They’re writing books now, they’re all getting famous off of this presidency.”

Members of the White House press corps have gone 195 days without an official press briefing.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
^^^^ The commies and their activist judges want to prohibit the President from banning the likes of Acosta from making a spectacle out of it? Easy solution, ban the entire press briefing. Great move, as far as I'm concerned.

Q

Posts: 26353 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Maybe I'm drawing a blank but I can't think of a president who gave his thoughts so freely to the press.

President Trump isn't exactly cloister from the press and public. It seems we hear from him everyday.

There are still press releases and daily email releases, too.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
and he controls the message bypassing the Press Corpse (spelled that way on purpose)

a few ruined it for the majority, so now they have less relevant stuff to say on the evening news (which fewer and fewer are watching)

I was hoping I'd see the day when the briefings would be eliminated

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
The "daily briefing" became a shit show of liberal water carriers. It is not missed. At all. Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

posted Hide Post
Want a daily WH briefing? Wait for President DJT tweets.

Simple and entertaining enough for me.

And that Obama idiot claimed to be the hip Technology President. Ha!

President DJT in 2020!!!

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
I am so glad President Trump spoke for religious freedom at the United Nations today.

He's harkening back to the first freedoms recognized by the nations united.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights lies at the heart of what made the United Nations originally useful - and things like freedom of religion lay at the heart of that.

It used to be that the United States had freedom of commerce and navigation treaties that required other nations to respect freedoms like religion and worship in order to favorably trade with us.

But over the years, subversion of the foundations needed for international respect and tolerance has eroded religious freedom; it serves the world well to be reminded.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 9/23/19

Description

INTERVIEW – JOE DIGENOVA - legal analyst and former U.S. Attorney to the District of Columbia

Nancy Pelosi calls for law to be able to indict presidents. (CNN) House Speaker Nancy Pelosi called on Friday for legislation to ensure sitting US presidents can be indicted for crimes. "I do think that we will have to pass some laws that will have clarity for future presidents. (A) President should be indicted if he's committed a wrongdoing — any president," Pelosi told NPR's "All Things Considered" host Ari Shapiro and NPR congressional correspondent Susan Davis on Friday. "There is nothing any place that says the President should not be indicted," she said. "That's something cooked up by the President's lawyers. That's what that is.
Trump asked Ukraine president to investigate Joe Biden's son eight times in one phone call: report http://hill.cm/S1plNlW / President Trump reportedly pressured the president of Ukraine during a July phone call to investigate the son of Democratic presidential candidate and former Vice President Joe Biden. The Wall Street Journal first reported Friday that Trump told Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky roughly eight times to work with his personal attorney, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, on the matter.
Trump says he will consider releasing transcript of Ukraine call
Susan Ferrechio: Does Schiff already know the Trump whistleblower's story?
Sen. Elizabeth Warren: "Congress failed to act and now Donald Trump has shown that he believes he is above the law. He has solicited another foreign govt to attack our election system. It is time for us to call out this illegal behavior & start impeachment proceedings right now."

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Ukraine, Just another Rabbit hole for the Gang that can't shoot straight, Dems

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Looks like all the Democraps are back on the IMPEACH, IMPEACH, IMPEACH NOW! bus. Roll Eyes

I hope you mothereffers DO try to impeach the man, because you're going to lose in a landslide next year if you do!

I think their game is to just keep the impeachment talk in the news to distract away from what an utter disaster Joe Biden is turning out to be as a supposed "front runner" candidate.

Posts: 33777 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I agree. They’re spinning this as hard as they can. I heard several comparisons to Nixon on the radio this morning, and they were all but drooling on their microphones because “we have him now!” It’s fine that the Obasm administration abused the FISA process and spied on a US citizen in a pure fishing expedition, but how dare a sitting president call up the head of another nation and say “hey, we’ve got a guy here who openly bragged about extorting you guys into ignoring his kid’s crooked business deals and I think you should maybe investigate that.” Because Orange Man Bad.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I heard audio of some press conference or something yesterday where Trump was just tearing the media types there new buttholes right and left.
Big Grin

At one point he basically said and I'll paraphrase here:

"Are you people kidding me? So Joe Biden DOES what you are accusing me of doing (but did not) and you are NOT INTERESTED in covering that, at all. You all are a bunch of fake news assholes!"

Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Trump at 53% approval.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...hest-in-five-months/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31423 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
It would be awesome if Trump concocted this latest “leak” to get Biden out of the running , or throw him under the bus.

I think he’s a genius and is playing them (dem) like a Stradivarius.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
It would be awesome if Trump concocted this latest “leak” to get Biden out of the running , or throw him under the bus.

I think he’s a genius and is playing them (dem) like a Stradivarius.

I seriously doubt that is the case. President Trump seems to be playing four dimensional chess sixteen moves ahead. If there is a reason he would clueless/sleepy/creepy Joe out of the race, I can’t begin to imagine it. He’d slice right through Joe like a hot knife through butter. Why would he want anyone else as the Dum candidate?

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I almost never make predictions about politics, but as an exception to my rule I’ll opine that despite all his flaws and baggage Biden would be a stronger candidate than Warren.

That does not mean, however, that I believe this latest is a well-planned effort to run him off.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
I almost never make predictions about politics, but as an exception to my rule I’ll opine that despite all his flaws and baggage Biden would be a stronger candidate than Warren.

That does not mean, however, that I believe this latest is a well-planned effort to run him off.

Well, you raise a good point. The Dims got nothing, and in this case, I am not thinking that nothing is going to be a really strong hand for them. I’d hate to be in their shoes, trying to figure out which one of the clowns they should lie, cheat, and steal to push to the front...

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Lord I hope they do. Put up or shut up you trash.

"NBC’s Howard Fineman says Dem House source ‘just confirmed’ that Nancy Pelosi ‘will announce a formal impeachment inquiry this afternoon’"

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313...uiry-this-afternoon/