SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
wouldn't this be something ?

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-anchor-baby-policy/

"MILLER: Well, we’re looking at all legal options. But I think the key point I want to leave you with today … is that many legal scholars believe that the phrase “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” makes clear it does not apply to people here on a temporary basis or here illegally."

Every year, about 300,000 anchor babies are born in the country

There will be a major fight on this of course.

Here is the History on the subject.. ++++LINK++++ . At least as from this source. I'm not very knowledgeable on this topic myself. But it's a excellent breakdown of what is and has been. It's been very interesting and exhilarating to see Our President shining the U.S. spotlight on truth, and what's good,straight,strong and true about "US"!

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fla. Jim:

Every year, about 300,000 anchor babies are born in the country

There will be a major fight on this of course.

[/QUOTE]

We are repairing the door and window screens.
We also need to put the covers on the sugar bowls and clean up the spilled food
in the kitchens.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully by the time the Major Fight comes to the Supreme Court, RBG will be pushing up daisies.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
President Trump announces the US has reached a new trade deal with Japan

Maria Bartiromo breaks down the new U.S.-Japan trade agreement.

BIG WIN...BAD NEWS FOR CHINA

https://video.foxbusiness.com/...44001/#sp=show-clips

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
President Trump announces the US has reached a new trade deal with Japan

Maria Bartiromo breaks down the new U.S.-Japan trade agreement.

BIG WIN...BAD NEWS FOR CHINA

https://video.foxbusiness.com/...44001/#sp=show-clips

I was expecting corn to be up big today, but it's actually down a couple cents.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just read through the link provided by Fla. Jim, at least the article and the first bunch of comments, and it is apparent to me that there are at least 2 levels of "jurisdiction" that must be considered. The first, lowest level simply applies to behavior required of anyone present in the United States--we require foreign visitors to follow our traffic laws, for example (any with diplomatic immunity excepted). The second, more stringent level requires that the individual have no allegiance to any other political entity (country). It is well established that a newborn child is considered a citizen of where the parents are, irrespective of how we view it here. Aliens in general, and especially ones who are here unauthorized, still are subjects of another country and a child born to them (irrespective of where) would be a citizen of their allegiance.

I believe that a strong argument can be made that the 14th Amendment does NOT confer US citizenship to babies born to aliens present in our borders, no matter whether here legally or illegally. Children of aliens who go through the Naturalization process receive US citizenship along with their parents--until then, they ought not to be citizens of this country. I would suspect that a child that had reached the age of majority (18 here) before the parents became Naturalized would have to go through the Naturalization process separately.

This may seem harsh, but it's the way virtually every other country does it, and I believe it makes sense.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Joey D 8/26/19

No Description

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
This may seem harsh, but it's the way virtually every other country does it, and I believe it makes sense.

flashguy
Maybe it's time to copy the ONE AND ONLY THING that actually DOES make sense over in Europe.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

flashguy

And if one parent is a US citizen and the other isn't?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
In Cliff's audio post above, DiGenova says the DoJ IG has determined that all four of the Carter Page FISA warrants were illegal.

Why on earth it has taken so long to determine that is a mystery. Even the highly redacted versions of the warrants show the FBI lied to the court.

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Please explain your statement/question with valid examples. On the surface, it seems you might be straying into obtuse territory, but I want to give you the benefit of the doubt.

I'll give you my example (not personal...just an example)...Male U.S. citizen is married to a non-U.S. citizen woman. He is on long-term assignment in Scotland...been there for 3 years, during which time he and Mrs. Non-U.S. citizen have a baby. Is the baby a U.S. Citizen? Yup.

That's why Ted Cruz is a U.S. Citizen. His mother is from Delaware, but his father, Cuban, was not naturalized as U.S. Citizen until 2005. They were in Calgary when Cruz was born in 1970. Is he a U.S. Citizen? Yup.

Cruz was born Rafael Edward Cruz on December 22, 1970, at Foothills Medical Centre in Calgary, Alberta, to Eleanor Elizabeth (née Darragh) Wilson and Rafael Cruz. Eleanor Wilson was born in Wilmington, Delaware. She is of three-quarters Irish and one-quarter Italian descent, and earned an undergraduate degree in mathematics from Rice University in the 1950s.

Cruz's father was born and raised in Cuba. He left in 1957 to attend the University of Texas at Austin and obtained political asylum in the U.S. after his four-year student visa expired. He earned Canadian citizenship in 1973 and became a naturalized U.S. citizen in 2005.

At the time of his birth, Ted Cruz's parents had lived in Calgary for three years and were working in the oil business as owners of a seismic-data processing firm for oil drilling. Cruz has said that he is the son of "two mathematicians/computer programmers." In 1974, Cruz's father left the family and moved to Texas. Later that year, Cruz's parents reconciled and relocated the family to Houston. They divorced in 1997. Cruz has two older half-sisters, Miriam Ceferina Cruz and Roxana Lourdes Cruz, from his father's first marriage. Miriam died in 2011.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...arly_life_and_family

[/DRIFT]

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

flashguy

The general rule was to follow the father's citizenship. I believe the current rule allows for either one to be a citizen, but there are some residency and age restrictions to be met.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Please explain your statement/question with valid examples.

You do realize that his daughter is the product of a US and French citizen right?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
You do realize that his daughter is the product of a US and French citizen right?

Maybe not? There's like 50k members here. Not everyone keeps track of things like that Smile

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post

US China Trade War Explained -Who Needs Who?

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
Please explain your statement/question with valid examples.

Yes. My wife is a permanent US resident with french citizenship. My daughter was born here and is a US citizen. I'm of course a full blooded American born and raised here to two American parents.

I was just curious to Flashguy's opinion on the matter since he appears to have a unique interest on the subject and has studied it. He did answer me so Thank you, brother.

ETA: Just to keep things about President Trump, I received my red plastic Trump straws yesterday. Yee haw!

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow, that took awhile to get to you.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow, that took awhile to get to you.

Took four weeks. But I guess they've been swamped. They were pretty responsive when I inquired about my order so I'm not complaining.

Now I just need a decent carrying case for when I travel.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I listen to far more radio than watch TV and started listening to Joe Walsh's radio show about a year and half ago, on and off.

Well I suspect it will be "off" rather than on Big Grin

Joe, you're fired!

quote:
Appearing Monday on CNN’s AC360, former congressman Joe Walsh said he has lost his radio program since launching a longshot Republican presidential primary challenge to President Donald Trump.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:
I listen to far more radio than watch TV and started listening to Joe Walsh's radio show about a year and half ago, on and off.

Well I suspect it will be "off" rather than on Big Grin

Joe, you're fired!

quote:
Appearing Monday on CNN’s AC360, former congressman Joe Walsh said he has lost his radio program since launching a longshot Republican presidential primary challenge to President Donald Trump.

AHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!

I never heard of this douchebag before this week, but I'm certain he's going to become the new darling on CNN, like Stormy was a year ago.

Salem Radio doesn't seem to mess around! Once that jerk Michael Medved really started going anti-Trump, his ass was shown the door as well.

Posts: 33794 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post