SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
This morning I woke up to an alert on my phone from Fox News saying that a "favorite of the TEA party" was running for President.

Just where did that news fact come from?

OK he"s thrown his hat in the ring but TEA Part favorite?

Not now.

We in the T.E.A. Party rallied around various points. "Taxed Enough Already" was our main rallying cry.

You would think this "favorite of the TEA Party" maybe had some gripe about the President's tax policies that delivered historic tax cuts - but no.

In his own words, this big city bloviator tells us he's a betting man with NO vision for tax policy.

Walsh says on his presidential campaign website:

"I’m betting you’re tired of having an unfit con man for a president. A president who sides with foreign dictators over our intelligence community. A president who spews hate virtually every time he opens his mouth. A president who is teaching millions of American children it’s okay to lie and it’s okay to bully.

See, Donald Trump doesn’t represent us—he represents the worst of us. He hasn’t delivered on his promises, he thinks he’s above the law, and he’s tweeting us into a recession, as we speak.
" LINK

That's not a TEA Partier nor a person who has a policy vision for the country.

Instead, he's betting on finding the tatters of Never Trumpers to coalesce into another losing force of whiners.

Posts: 3078 | Registered: January 06, 2010Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He hasn't a chance and even he admits that he hasn't a chance. This is simply another in a long line of tantrums from attention seekers.
quote:
Walsh, who served one term in Congress, acknowledged that he has very little chance of defeating the president in the primaries, but said he wants to promote a different direction for the Republican Party.
And, for a "clueless" guy, President Trump certainly seems to be hitting all the right marks. Just really, really lucky, I guess, huh?

Posts: 107580 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He hasn't a chance and even he admits that he hasn't a chance. This is simply another in a long line of tantrums from attenton seekers.

Yea, looks like he's making a play for some of Swalwell's ex-supporters or some of de Blasio"s zero percent.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
"I’m betting you’re tired of having an unfit con man for a president. A president who sides with foreign dictators over our intelligence community. A president who spews hate virtually every time he opens his mouth. A president who is teaching millions of American children it’s okay to lie and it’s okay to bully

Someone needs to tell him he just described Obama to a tee.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
I listen to far more radio than watch TV and started listening to Joe Walsh's radio show about a year and half ago, on and off.

Joe lives on a rural piece of land outside Chicago, has grown children, and while he is a Catholic his second wife is Jewish and they visit Israel often. Walsh is a staunch Constructionist/ Originalist on the U.S. Constitution and all the amendments, he is a gun owner (frequently shoots on his land) and believes that all U.S. citizens should be able to carry guns wherever they choose without any government required permit or tax, he is firmly opposed to abortion, a fiscal conservative, and a free speech advocate. One of his core issues is the illegal alien problem and border security and building the wall.

When he served in Congress, rather than try to buy an expensive home or rent an apartment in D.C. he slept on his office floor and flew home on the weekends. He frequently criticized Democrats as well as some Republicans when they failed to follow Conservative doctrine, and was supported by the TEA party. Walsh publicly promised to term limit himself (I think he was going to limit himself to 2 or 3 terms), but he criticized Democrats so often that they gerrymandered his district and he lost his re-election bid. Walsh is committed to citizens serving their country and frequently encourages his listeners to run for public office. In the past he has left the possibility of running g for office again open, but seemed non-committal and luke warm to the idea, and I've never heard him mention running for the predidency before and I'm betting his listeners will be surprised by this announcement.

Walsh spends a fair bit of time criticizing Illinois and Chicago Democrat policies and while it is his home state he has declared it "lost" and has plans to eventually leave. One of the premises repeated on his radio show is that we are not so much going to lose the U.S., but that citizens are so deeply divided that we have already lost it. He frequently encourages his listeners to "grab their muskets" and "fight" for their country. Although this is said seriously my personal take is that he says this more in a figurative sense rather than a literal one, at least at this time.

Walsh is also staunchly pro law enforcement, works on various pro-LE causes, and repeatedly admonishes his listeners to "see a cop, thank a cop".

Walsh holds an annual picnic at his home and invites all his listeners and neighbors, brings in a cannon to fire and puts on a fireworks show. Anywhere from hundreds to over a thousand attend each year from all over the U.S.

Walsh supported and voted for President Trump in 2016, and has steered a course of supporting the President on some issues while criticizing him on others. He publicly withdrew his support from him earlier this year on his radio show (while still supporting President Trump on some issues) , angering some listeners while drawing praise from others.

Walsh sometimes uses an almost evangelical affectation to deliver his message, sometimes yelling, sometimes using a cadence or even singing his political message, and sometimes he gets to be a bit much and I have to turn him off. He tends to be a bit dogmatic in his Libertarian positions, and a bit too much of a non-interventionist for my tastes.

Love him or hate him there is no doubt that he is a principled Conservative.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Modern Day Savage,

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Walsh may perhaps be a conservative but if had had principles then he would understand that his running for president in 2020 is both unwelcome and unnecessary.

As it is, he seemed to let fredocon dick-licker Bill Kristol put him up to this stunt. Any elephant that aligns themselves with the likes of Kristol in this day and age is permanently tainted.

Posts: 3147 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

He is throwing his past away by his own words and appeal to voters on NONE of those grounds.

What I quoted above was his own words as to why he thinks people should support him.

Nope.

President Trump has delivered on the Conservative agenda; Walsh's repetition of false and skewed epithets don't make him believable or attractive as a viable challenger.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Walsh lost any credibility he may have had, by calling President Trump an unstable child whom the country is sick of. That's flat-out ridiculous, truly ridiculous, in the textbook definition of the word and and so very far removed from reality that it makes it impossible for me to take him seriously. AFAIC, after making these remarks he might as well be Rachel Maddow.

So, we gave this asshole more than half page in this thread and that's more than he deserves. Suffice to say that on election night 2020 (and it will be election night, not the wee hours of the morning after. It's gonna be a decisive victory), when President Trump's opponent has conceded and the President is giving his victory speech to the chants of 'four more years', no one is going to give the first thought to this pissy little loser, Mr. Rachel Maddow.
Let's get back to President Trump, whom the sane people of this country know to be our savior, and the only POTUS in the last thirty years who gives a shit about this nation and its people.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

. . . President Trump, whom the sane people of this country know to be our savior ...

Even savior with a small "s" will set the humorless to tweekin.'

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For an unstable child, President Trump sure seems to be riding China like his pet pony:

China announces it seeks 'calm' end to trade war, as markets tank and currency hits 11-year flatline

I guess my eyes must be deceiving me, huh? Because it damn sure looks like President Trump is large and in charge.
quote:
China signaled on Monday it was now seeking a rapid and "calm" end to its ongoing trade war with the U.S., as Asian markets crumbled and China's currency plummeted to an 11-year low following the latest tariffs on $550 billion in Chinese goods announced last Friday by the Trump administration.

News of the possible opening in negotiations came shortly after President Trump threatened to declare a national emergency that would result in American businesses freezing their relationships with China. Trump's tariff barrage on Friday came after hours China imposed its own retaliatory tariffs on $75 billion in U.S. goods.
Giddy-yap!

posted Hide Post
Fuck China hit them hard President. Make it hurt drive them out if the US stock market to save our retirement fund.

Posts: 621 | Location: WA  | Registered: June 26, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
He's said it many times: You can't be predictable in negotiations.

For detractors, they hurl "instability" as what they claim it shows.

It seems that detractors have never played a good game of poker or chess.

I like to give off every tell I can think of when playing for money. I've had dealers say they get a kick out of watching my play because other players can't figure me out.

Looking wild-eyed and loose has its place.

Like Phil Hellmuth whines about players not following his rules, Trump leaves China crying because he is not predictable - like they believe he's supposed to be.

Makes sense to me.

Picture of Tubetone
posted Hide Post
Speaking of trade. What has happened to Britain?

It has a deep history as a self-confident trade actor.

This Brexit dithering makes them look like they have lost confidence in themselves.

Take a deal with the United States that Trump wants to get.

Why do they fear standing on their own two feet? It's unbecoming.

They, of all nations, have the know how and perseverance to see success.

President Trump doesn"t seek to harm them but stabilize them on their own sovereign feet.

I hope their new leadership sees the light, shows strength and makes the deal after the G7.

It seems like President Trump is making a lot of Trade progress over there.

bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tubetone:
quote:
Originally posted by Modern Day Savage:

He is throwing his past away by his own words and appeal to voters on NONE of those grounds.

Like Justin Amash, he’s appealing to never-Trumpers idiotically, because he’s probably surrounded himself with them.

“Everyone I know says I should run for office!”

At least the cry-baby Justin Amash has the crutch of Chinese manufacturing tainting his views.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So the "Never-Trumpers" has dwindled down to what? 19 people? Even ultra-conservative Dennis Prager, a vocal Never-Trumper from the get-go, has turned the page and now STAUNCHLY supports what President Trump is doing.

Joe Walsh? Yeah...don't waste your money, pal.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So the "Never-Trumpers" has dwindled down to what? 19 people? Even ultra-conservative Dennis Prager, a vocal Never-Trumper from the get-go, has turned the page and now STAUNCHLY supports what President Trump is doing.

Joe Walsh? Yeah...don't waste your money, pal.

Kind of hard to be a never Trumper when the country is doing so well. It only leaves people with two choices: 1) Acknowledge he's doing a good job or 2) Lie.

Honest people have to back the results. It's as simple as that.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Never-Trumpers are simply useful idiots for the GDCs in their desperate attempts to fool people into thinking the President has lost his base support.

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Never-Trumpers are simply useful idiots for the GDCs in their desperate attempts to fool people into thinking the President has lost his base support.

Ugh like Bill Krystol? That SOB is the worst.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9157 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
After all the tariff stuff in the news last week and the trade deal we made with Japan, I had a feeling it wouldn’t be too long before the Chinese wanted to come to the table. “You wanna play games? Fine, we’ll sell our stuff to Japan. Have fun, Xi.”

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
wouldn't this be something ?

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-anchor-baby-policy/

White House senior adviser Stephen Miller says President Trump is currently reviewing “all legal options” to end the country’s birthright citizenship policy which has allowed millions of illegal aliens to secure American citizenship for their U.S.-born children

Roberts: He said that he is looking at birthright citizenship — which is enshrined in the 14th Amendment. What are the plans for that?

MILLER: Well, I noticed that you worked in that it is “enshrined into the 14th Amendment.” Many constitutional scholars would wholeheartedly disagree with that. Most Americans think it is crazy that you can come across the border perhaps in your ninth month of pregnancy

MILLER: Well, we’re looking at all legal options. But I think the key point I want to leave you with today … is that many legal scholars believe that the phrase “subject to the jurisdiction thereof” makes clear it does not apply to people here on a temporary basis or here illegally. And so the point would be then, what can we as a government do to execute the president’s obligation to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed.” The Constitution, being the supreme law of the land, and so what is the correct interpretation of the 14th Amendment. That’s something we have to look at

OBERTS: So when do you plan to do this?

MILLER: I don’t have any news to make on that today, but I want to leave you with this: For years, Americans had politicians of both parties come and go and surrender their interests to foreign countries and foreign powers. This president, alone, has stood up and protected Americans’ interests, whether it is on trade, on immigration, or foreign policy. He’s ended decades of debacles to put the interests of U.S. citizens first and we should all celebrate that.

the U.S. and Canada are the only two developed nations with birthright citizenship. On the other hand, countries such as France, the United Kingdom, Ireland, New Zealand, Australia, Italy, and Germany all have either outlawed birthright citizenship or never had such a policy.

Every year, about 300,000 anchor babies are born in the country