SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

do you trust anyone on that list to tell the truth?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
in the worldwide threat testimony, the panel said China is the most significant counterintel threat.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sen Schumer announces that Stacey Abrams will give the DEM response to President Trump's SOTU speech.

Seems like a very weak choice

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Stacy Abrams? The loser from Georgia? Weak choice indeed. Sounds like pandering from the Dem leadership.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Republicans continue to let DEMs delay Trump Administration nominations

https://thehill.com/homenews/s...tion-until-next-week

The Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday delayed a vote on William Barr's nomination as attorney general until next week.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who oversees the panel, announced the new date for consideration of President Trump's pick to lead the Justice Department.

Barr's nomination was on the committee's agenda for the first time this week. Under committee rules any member of the panel can request a one-week delay.

In addition to Barr, the committee held over dozens of judicial nominees.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

delay delay delay

DEMs have "questions" about Barr's memo that criticized part of the Mueller investigation. So we will have a big dog and pony show w DEMs going negative, and then no DEMs will vote for Barr.

What a farce.

Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Sen Schumer announces that Stacey Abrams will give the DEM response to President Trump's SOTU speech.

That is a direct push to get her elected somewhere/somehow in the future. They are coming after GA.

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
They are trying not to give any credence to this SOTU address by offering the rebuttal to someone who isn't even a member of Congress.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^Or maybe Abrams is the sacrificial lamb to be offered given the memes generated the last time Chuck and Nancy rebutted DJT.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
A Georgia U.S. senate seat is up for election in 2020

Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poacher:

That is a direct push to get her elected somewhere/somehow in the future. They are coming after GA.

Me thinks they are covering their bases. If it goes well, they get her good exposure that helps her get elected. If it goes pear shaped, then she looks like an idiot instead of one of them. It is not that they are cowards, it is just that Trump has spanked them before and they'd prefer to not get spanked again...

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...-national-emergency/

If the President can do this to build the WALL instead of declaring an emergency in Feb, this could be huge-

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nojoy:
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...-national-emergency/

If the President can do this to build the WALL instead of declaring an emergency in Feb, this could be huge-

Sure looks like a National Emergency to me.
This is an invasion, no other way to classify it.
I don’t care how it happens, we need a wall to aid in defense of our Southern Boarder.
I do agree however, building the wall without declaring a National Emergency would be best.

Senior DOD Official: Three Migrant Caravans Headed to U.S., One with 12,000

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
The big deal on declaring a National Emergency, is the likelihood of it being blocked. Then fought in courts for a year or two. Which is exactly what the Democrats want. Fight this WALL or barrier tooth and nail up through the 2020 debates. They know how important this is for the President and his base.

Posts: 1292 | Location: Marysville, WA 98271 | Registered: March 18, 2004Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
looks like invasion force with their National Flags at the head of the column

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Picture of nojoy
posted Hide Post
Those flags will be planted in the nearest sanctuary city if they get in.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Stacy Abrams? The loser from Georgia? Weak choice indeed. Sounds like pandering from the Dem leadership.
Word is that they are trying to give her positive exposure to make her election in Georgia more likely. (I don't think it will work.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
tell me again which court has jurisdiction over a declared national emergency?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
President Trump could not have been served up a better plate of craziness by these stupid Democrats just in time for the SOTU:

-Calls to eliminate private health insurance, with a "oh well, tough shit" type attitude by the person pitching it
-Calls to tax "the rich" at 70% - 90% and promises to go after people's wealth anywhere in the world with a "you can't hide from us" attitude from the person pitching it
-Legalized infanticide, talking even about POST-BIRTH abortion
-Continued efforts to block wall funding and leave our borders unsecured
-Abolition of ICE

Did I miss anything else that Trump can make the case that he's the reasonable one and these Democrats are a bunch of wild-eyed lunatics?

I sure hope he POUNDS THE SHIT out of them next week!

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
The 'climate change' farce is now being hailed as 'Extreme Weather'!

What a freaking freak-show!!

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
ya left off

Rich to pay off all student loans....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow morning, President Trump will step outside, see his shadow, and go back into the White House for six more years.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post