SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency : Year III
Page 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 348

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency : Year III Login/Join 
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
That article is precisely why I laugh every time I hear "Oh it's only the upper echelon of the FBI, not the rank and file". Horse shit. The upper echelon may be the ones giving the orders but it is the rank and file carrying them out. Comey wasn't wearing headphones sitting in a van listening to Trump. The "rank and file" were. McCabe wasn't the one sweating people in interview rooms. The "rank and file" were.

That organization is corrupt from top to bottom.

Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
That article is precisely why I laugh every time I hear "Oh it's only the upper echelon of the FBI, not the rank and file". Horse shit. The upper echelon may be the ones giving the orders but it is the rank and file carrying them out. Comey wasn't wearing headphones sitting in a van listening to Trump. The "rank and file" were. McCabe wasn't the one sweating people in interview rooms. The "rank and file" were.

That organization is corrupt from top to bottom.

Yep, I'm not aware of a single active FBI agent who has openly voiced protest or come forward to blow the whistle. "Going along" makes one just as guilty as the ones committing the misdeeds.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Court motion just filed today:

https://thehill.com/policy/nat...nn-fires-his-lawyers

Michael Flynn fires his lawyers

Michael Flynn has fired his lawyers and replaced them with new representation, a seemingly significant development as President Trump's first national security adviser awaits sentencing for lying to FBI agents about his contacts with the Russian ambassador.

A court filing Thursday revealed that Flynn had notified his attorneys Robert Kelner and Stephen Anthony that he is “terminating” them as his counsel and has already hired new lawyers to replace them.

It was not immediately clear why Flynn has replaced his lawyers.

In December 2017, Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak and agreed to cooperate in special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation.

Flynn provided significant assistance in the probe, and Mueller has recommended he serve a lenient sentence.

Flynn was supposed to be sentenced last December but chose to delay it, after Judge Emmet Sullivan excoriated him for his crimes in court and suggested he was prepared to sentence the former national security adviser to jail time.

Flynn also cooperated in the investigation of his former business partner Bijan Kian, who has been charged with acting as an unregistered foreign agent of the Turkish government. Kian pleaded not guilty and is scheduled to face a trial in July; Flynn is expected to testify against him.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Reminders about the Flynn interview where he "lied"

That FBI interview was on 24 January 2017. Just 4 days after the inauguration.

Flynn probably didn't know where the cafeteria was yet.

Andrew McCabe himself called Flynn and said he wanted to send agents to talk to Flynn. McCabe recommended no WH lawyers be present, because that would slow down the process. Flynn said sure, send them over.

Last December, in an NBC interview, James Comey said " I sent them. Something I probably wouldn't have gotten away with in a more organized administration. .... if the FBI wanted to send agents into the WH itself to interview a senior official, you would work through WH counsel to get approval. ... I thought it's early enough, let's just send a couple guys over"

Comey interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6mKbDAZn_Q

Comey says the Trump administration was disorganized. What administration has everything up and running in the first 4 days ?

Better yet, what administration would suspect the FBI Director of setting up a senior official for a perjury trap ?

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Merkel - either shouldn't be in the line, or the caption needs to be changed.

Exactly, her country's participation in D-Day was of a different nature, to say the least.

As much as I dislike Merkel, you are 100% wrong here with that post.

The Federal Republic of Germany is our ally and has been since 1949 and they deserve to be there as much as anyone else.

She DOES NOT REPRESENT the Third Reich and if you insinuated that to any German today, it would be treated as a huge insult.

Posts: 33807 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
“They began yelling at me,” he said, "reminding me I could be sent to prison for giving the FBI false information."

Which is why I will never, ever say anything to the FBI other than "I invoke all my rights guaranteed under the Constitution United States of America, specifically to not be subject to unwarranted searches of my papers, person, and property, to not incriminate myself, and to have competent legal counsel represent me. If I am not under arrest or being lawfully detained, I am leaving."

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
quote:
Originally posted by marksman41:
Merkel - either shouldn't be in the line, or the caption needs to be changed.

Exactly, her country's participation in D-Day was of a different nature, to say the least.

As much as I dislike Merkel, you are 100% wrong here with that post.

The Federal Republic of Germany is our ally and has been since 1949 and they deserve to be there as much as anyone else.

She DOES NOT REPRESENT the Third Reich and if you insinuated that to any German today, it would be treated as a huge insult.

The caption of the picture is regarding world leaders of countries that were our allies in WWII. Germany was not our ally in WWII. My comments are accurate - either Merkel shouldn't have been in that line, or the description needs to be changed.

Nothing I said is inaccurate. You want to be offended so you're inferring something that isn't there.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
"reminding me I could be sent to prison for giving the FBI false information."

Well that depends on whose side you are on. Flynn had his life destroyed. McCabe got a book deal.

As long as McCabe (and now Strozk) are allowed to walk free the crime of "lying to the FBI" is moot. Trump needs to pardon Flynn.

Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
quote:
“I don’t want to see him impeached, I want to see him in prison,”

Blather from a befuddled hag trying desperately to appear relevant to the young commies in her party.

While I agree with you, the hag understands that impeachment will go nowhere, will cost them votes, and will leave them holding their collective pudds saying “well shit, now what”?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Further proof that Trump Haters are deranged, mentally unbalanced fools Florida woman stabs self, tells police she was ‘tired of living in Trump’s country’

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Further proof that Trump Haters are deranged, mentally unbalanced fools Florida woman stabs self, tells police she was ‘tired of living in Trump’s country’

They redacted her name, which pretty much ruins my idea for her Christmas present this year.

Posts: 2462 | Registered: January 01, 2004Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:

Try harder next time sweetie...

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
“I don’t want to see him impeached, I want to see him in prison,”

Its a nice gesture Nancy, but I dont think Trump will have time to visit you while you’re in there.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
President Trump taking part in the D-Day commemoration in Portsmouth, U.K., on Tuesday, read aloud the D-Day prayer that President Roosevelt issued to petition God to watch over our troops as they invaded the European mainland to defeat the Nazis.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

Posts: 5737 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Big Grin Big Grin

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I hope that the jackass owner of that shitty little restaurant sees this.

Posts: 107579 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Picture of HighZonie
posted Hide Post
Much egg on the face of the Red Hen

* Diligentia Vis Celeritis *
"Thus those skilled in war subdue the enemy's army without battle .... They conquer by strategy."
- Sun Tsu - The Art of War

"Fast is Fine, but Accuracy is Everything" - Wyatt Earp

Posts: 2900 | Location: Arizona Highlands - Pine Tree Country | Registered: March 25, 2009Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
From my White House news letter.

In Normandy, President Trump honors veterans 75 years after D-Day

Before concluding, President Trump gave a few lasting words of appreciation to the veterans of this Greatest Generation:

The men behind me will tell you that they are just the lucky ones. As one of them recently put it, “All the heroes are buried here.” But we know what these men did. We knew how brave they were. They came here and saved freedom, and then, they went home and showed us all what freedom is all about.

The American sons and daughters who saw us to victory were no less extraordinary in peace. They built families. They built industries. They built a national culture that inspired the entire world. In the decades that followed, America defeated communism, secured civil rights, revolutionized science, launched a man to the Moon, and then kept on pushing to new frontiers. And, today, America is stronger than ever before.

Seven decades ago, the warriors of D-Day fought a sinister enemy who spoke of a thousand-year empire. In defeating that evil, they left a legacy that will last not only for a thousand years, but for all time—for as long as the soul knows of duty and honor; for as long as freedom keeps its hold on the human heart.

To the men who sit behind me, and to the boys who rest in the field before me, your example will never, ever grow old. Your legend will never tire. Your spirit—brave, unyielding, and true—will never die.

. . . And our children, and their children, will forever and always be free

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Yeah, I hope that the jackass owner of that shitty little restaurant sees this.

Posted on Yelp yesterday Big Grin

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16694 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

I kept reading,

" democrats ... impeachment ... suicide... democrats ... impeachment ... suicide... democrats ... impeachment ... suicide... democrats ... impeachment ... suicide..."

and checking the obituaries with eager anticipation.

At least, she got Baker-acted. I think most Democrats should be Baker-acted for their own good.
Smile

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post