SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SIGforum registration is now open to email addresses such as gmail and the like
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SIGforum registration is now open to email addresses such as gmail and the like Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Examples of disposable email addresses:

safe-mail.net
spambox.us
spamcop.net
spamex.com
spamgourmet.com
tempinbox.com
temporaryinbox.com

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Examples of disposable email addresses:

safe-mail.net
spambox.us
spamcop.net
spamex.com
spamgourmet.com
tempinbox.com
temporaryinbox.com

Thanks for the examples. Never heard of a single one of the them.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Thanks again, Para.

I just changed and it worked seamlessly.

Comcast has been active for this site alone, so glad I can put that email address permanently to bed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Thanks Para. Happy to see improvements.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Thank you Para, I have emailed my friend who is a Vietnam vet who wanted to join earlier but couldn’t because of his email.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
How do I update this info? When I registered, I used my work email, I’ve been retired for two years now and that email is no longer viable...my display email is correct but my registered email is dead.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Good deal

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I too didn’t have access to my old email account since I no longer work there. No to fix my avatar.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
How do I update this info? When I registered, I used my work email, I’ve been retired for two years now and that email is no longer viable...my display email is correct but my registered email is dead.
Go to your profile, check the box that says 'Change Account Email' and enter your new email address, re-enter the same address in the next box to confirm the change, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click 'Submit'. You should receive an email from the forum at that new email address inside of a minute. Click the link in that email to verify the address, and that's it.

Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
The address I registered with was no longer valid due to a move. My current ISP out here in the sticks doesn’t offer email so that left me with Gmail and Apple. I’m very glad to see the policy change and have updated my profile, the process was fast and easy. Smile

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Para! This great. Thread notifications just started working for me! Cool.

Posts: 2331 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Thanks for explaining that Para.

Easy Peasy, for a man using only part of his brain! Smile

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rotty37
posted Hide Post
Thank You Para!!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4448 | Registered: December 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Para,

Is a hotmail account considered disposable?
I tried to update my email but did not receive a confirmation link

Thanks

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Not sure I will take advantage of it, but it's nice to have the option. Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
Nope, and you haven't made any changes to your account email address. If you did, and you had the issue you're describing, you wouldn't be able to post right now. You have to hit 'Submit' at the bottom of the page, or the change will not take effect.

If you had tried to enter a disposable email address, the software would have rejected it outright. You would have gotten a message on the page telling you that you had entered an invalid email address.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
Nope, and you haven't made any changes to your account email address. If you did, and you had the issue you're describing, you wouldn't be able to post right now. You have to hit 'Submit' at the bottom of the page, or the change will not take effect.

If you had tried to enter a disposable email address, the software would have rejected it outright. You would have gotten a message on the page telling you that you had entered an invalid email address.

I tried to change it to my hotmail account yesterday, hit submit. i did not receive any email verification request. When i came back to SF, I got the "waiting for validation" i hit the "resend", no email. I was able to go back to my profile page and put my previous email back in. When i hit submit to that, i got the verification email on the old email address and clicked the verification link. That is how i am able to post now. I must have messed something up. I triple checked the new email address and i typed it correctly. Nothing was in my deleted or spam folders. Is there anything else you could think of, that i messed up that would cause the email to not come out?
Or have you heard of hotmail "filtering" SF addresses? If this is the wrong method of getting help please let me know.
Thanks.

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Send me an email from the address you wish to use and I'll take care of it.

For anyone having such issues, check your spam folder to see if the verification email ended up in there.

posted Hide Post
Thank you very much,
after changing providers I lost my reg email adress, I could not post anymore.
Must have been nearly 3 years Eek
Feels good to be back!

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
btt