SIGforum
SIGforum registration is now open to email addresses such as gmail and the like

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3860050164

September 16, 2019, 03:11 PM
parabellum
SIGforum registration is now open to email addresses such as gmail and the like
Times have changed. For years, registration attempts using web-based email addresses such as gmail, hotmail and the like were rejected. With our mobile culture, this has become impractical and the change is overdue.

"Disposable" email addresses are still prohibited but if you want to register using gmail or any other legitimate web-based email address, you can now do so.

As a result of this accommodation, look for a possible increase in forum spam. This is inevitable, but manageable. If you see a post from someone spamming us or hawking their wares (outside of the Classifieds section of the forum), please do not respond to the poster. Instead, please use the report-this-post function which is in the lower right hand corner of every post and a staff member will delete the post and revoke the spammer's posting rights.

Each member registration requires admin approval and each is vetted and most spammers are filtered out before they ever get the chance to post.
September 16, 2019, 03:13 PM
triggertreat
Thank you Para

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!
September 16, 2019, 03:22 PM
SIG4EVA
Para thank you for continually looking to improve our home.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"
September 16, 2019, 03:26 PM
Johnny 3eagles
Two thumbs up Boss.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
September 16, 2019, 03:28 PM
Veeper
I hope the spam isn't an issue, but man I sure like that I have this tied to my personal address now and not my work address. Smile Thanks.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken
September 16, 2019, 03:29 PM
BigSwede
^^^^^ What he said

September 16, 2019, 03:31 PM
parabellum
Oh, and that reminds me- for any established member of the forum, when you change your email address, the change will require approval. This automated approval request will come in the form of an email sent to the new email address you specify. Before changing your email address, make sure you can log into that email account to receive this approval email. Otherwise, you won't be able to log in to the forum and you'll then have to contact a staff member to rectify this.
September 16, 2019, 03:35 PM
badcopnodonut!!
Thank you Para.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.
September 16, 2019, 03:37 PM
tgtshuter
Thank-you very much Para!

I registered with my comcast email, but have grown to dislike using it. Now I don't have to!
September 16, 2019, 04:00 PM
Ronin1069
This is fantastic, thank you!!!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
September 16, 2019, 04:23 PM
HRK
Gracias! just did the change, worked like a charm...

September 16, 2019, 04:26 PM
P250UA5
Updated & rolling along.
Thanks for the change, the email I'd joined with was long gone & disabled.

The Enemy's gate is down.
September 16, 2019, 04:27 PM
FishOn
Thanks Para. Should any of us re-register in any way? Thank you.
September 16, 2019, 04:31 PM
parabellum
You don't need to take any action, unless you wish to change your email address of registration.
September 16, 2019, 06:16 PM
ChuckFinley
Can previous members who were in good standing but no longer had a dedicated email service reinstate under their old credentials or do then need to start over? Asking for a family member

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis
September 16, 2019, 06:21 PM
BigNC
Thanks, para. I couldn't subscribe to notifications with my work email so this is a definite upgrade for me!
September 16, 2019, 07:00 PM
Pickle Rick
Hey Para,
Although I am not in need, I am certain there are those who will definitely benefit from this new addition. I am sure the last thing you want or need is Kudos from Pickle Rick.

September 16, 2019, 07:02 PM
OldMick
Thanks, Para!

I originally signed up with aol but dropped it several years ago and have used gmail since then.

Glad I can now update my info.
September 16, 2019, 07:15 PM
parabellum
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Can previous members who were in good standing but no longer had a dedicated email service reinstate under their old credentials or do then need to start over?
If they can't login to their account they're out of luck.
September 16, 2019, 08:15 PM
Modern Day Savage
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Times have changed. For years, registration attempts using web-based email addresses such as gmail, hotmail and the like were rejected. With our mobile culture, this has become impractical and the change is overdue.

"Disposable" email addresses are still prohibited but if you want to register using gmail or any other legitimate web-based email address, you can now do so.

As a result of this accommodation, look for a possible increase in forum spam. This is inevitable, but manageable. If you see a post from someone spamming us or hawking their wares (outside of the Classifieds section of the forum), please do not respond to the poster. Instead, please use the report-this-post function which is in the lower right hand corner of every post and a staff member will delete the post and revoke the spammer's posting rights.

Each member registration requires admin approval and each is vetted and most spammers are filtered out before they ever get the chance to post.

Para, a question as I'm not up on the lingo, when you say "disposable" are you referring to AOL, Yahoo etc..?

I ask because I have a friend who tried to register using his Yahoo email account years ago but gave up when it wasn't allowed.