SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Single-edge razor--anyone tried one?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Single-edge razor--anyone tried one? Login/Join 
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted
I'm always on the lookout for a better razor. I hate buying blades that don't last. I've tried Harry's and another company I can't recall. Neither of them suited me. Now I'm back to a regular Gillette and buying blades from Amazon.

But today I ordered one of these:

https://getsupply.com/

I'm intrigued by the hype. I'll see if it lives up to what it advertises. Anyone else try a single-edge razor?

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I have a Gem single edge razor that was made in the 1960s. I prefer my Merkur double edge razor with Feather blades.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Those look like old Schick Injector blades. Some people love them. It is a single edge shave, functionally not different from a Gillette-style safety razor, just one with only one edge and a easier to load mechanism.

Let us know how you like it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I just moved to a DE set up, that looks like an injector system, I don't know if they're compatible or not but there are other blades out there.

Posts: 8144 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have used the Schick injector for years. I started when my barber said it was one of the best blades available. They did go to a double blade but I haven't used them for a long time, I still buy the singles. My barber had a straight razor that held the blades and used it for trimming sideburns etc. The blade was disposable so I guess that is why it was used once for each customer but the laws may have changed regarding health codes since that time. The Schick blades are somewhat thicker than than other blades and I don't feel the "chatter" when I shave with them.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2876 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
No, for the same reason that I've never tried "Bloodletting" or boring holes in my skull to let the evil spirits out.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Paging Sweeney, Todd; Please pick up the white courtesy telephone.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post