SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Home defense claim turns into "They [2 dead women] were there to smoke crack & have sex" to "I shot at them, but I think it was blanks."

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Home defense claim turns into "They [2 dead women] were there to smoke crack & have sex" to "I shot at them, but I think it was blanks." Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
Double-murder suspect spins tale of secret agents, bestiality and crack cocaine on trial tape

A capital murder trial began Wednesday for a Dallas man accused of killing two women in July 2015 while in a cocaine-induced stupor.

Leonard Mornes, 60, first told police that he shot Bridgitte Manning and Jacqueline Armstead after they attempted to break into his Red Bird home.

But jurors were shown a bizarre and winding interrogation video that told a different story.

Initially, Mornes would tell homicide detectives only one thing: "Don't follow the trail that they put out there for you to follow. Look for twins."

The self-proclaimed Gospel preacher said he had been framed and evidence had been planted in his home to make him look guilty, including drugs and the bodies of the two women.

"Whoever is dead in my house was killed and brought there," he said.

Mornes later said that on the day of the slayings he had been at his home smoking crack cocaine with two women he believed to be federal agents.

He'd been followed for 12 years, he said, and regularly heard voices coming from his attic. He believed these women were in on it.

Mornes said the women told him they were there to smoke crack and have sex, but at another point in the video he said they told him they were there because they were federal agents and they were going to clean his house.

He bought the drugs with one of the women and they smoked together while she told him he was being investigated and that she came to help, he said.

At one point, one of the women had blood running down her legs, Mornes told detectives, and she said it was from her period.

But he said he became paranoid that the woman had put someone else's blood on her legs so she could plant it in his home to frame him.

When the women tried to flee his house, he said, he grabbed his guns and began shooting. But he didn't think he was hitting them since he saw no blood, and he later said he believed he was firing blanks.

When a detective asked him why there were open bottles of lubricants and sex toys on the bed in the bedroom, he said he always kept those things on his bed.

He denied having sex with the women, but he said he believes he did have sex with dogs.

"They brought the dogs in the house, and I think the dogs had sex with me," he told detectives as he pulled up his pant leg to show a scratch he believes came from the animals. He attributed a flea problem in his house to the dogs.

As jurors watched the hours-long video Wednesday, Mornes struggled to stay awake and at one point fell asleep and began to snore in the courtroom.

The trial is expected to continue through the end of the week.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news...k-cocaine-trial-tape

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And that is why smoking crack is illegal

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
You see, what had happened was..

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds plausible to me. Probably needs the Dream Team to pull this one off. Don't think I would put him on the stand unless you were pleading insanity. Wonder what Johnny Cochran would propose?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Report This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Are we sure this didn't happen in Florida? Because it is insane enough to happen here.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Report This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
I was always skeptical of those stories you hear, until it happened to me....

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Um..... Drugs are bad... M'kay

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It's terrible but I laughed quite a bit at this. The internet has desensitized me to this crazy and stupid world.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Plus, those are not his pants.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Wonder what Johnny Cochran would propose?

"If the butt plug doesn't fit, you must acquit!"

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
aka "Tyrone Biggums"

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the butt plug don't fit, you must acquit

Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: a1abdj,

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15693 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I can always count on sigforum to laugh myself to sleep at night with these posts.

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Sheesh....

half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
He's obviously covering up for the REAL villains - the vampire chickens from hell.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Report This Post