SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Malcolm Young
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Malcolm Young Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
So very sad.
I took my Son to The Black Ice Tour several years ago.

R.I.P. Malcolm. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
RIP Malcolm. My favorite band of all time. Malcolm was the cement in that band.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12436 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted Hide Post
RIP Malcolm. What a riff master. Frown

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Mr. Young!

A big part of my youth - for better and worse - was spent listening to AC/DC.

---------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... Australians are waking up to the news this morning.

Malcolm signaled the onstage changes and the cut offs.

Back in Black forever.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
64. Too damn young.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite groups; I've played covers of their tunes in a lot of bars throughout the country. Gonna miss him.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Malcom took Gretch out of country music and put them in rock n roll.
Made me have the itch for mine.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
12/15/81 - My first concert, AC/DC For Those About To Rock Tour, Boston Garden...RIP

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

I think that credit needs to go to The Beatles.

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Truly a sad day in the history of Rock and Roll. Malcolm was always the quiet strength behind Angus' blistering guitar licks. I count myself very fortunate to have seen them perform live 4 times over the years. A live AC/DC concert is a phenomenon to be experienced to be believed. Malcolm's rhythm guitar was the foundation on which that unbelievable energy flowed through the rest of the band and ultimately the crowd, and then back to the band. Alternating Current/Direct Current personified indeed!

RIP (Rock In Peace) Malcolm!

Posts: 375 | Location: The Dark And Bloody Ground | Registered: July 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Dirty Deeds and Big Balls will forever be my favorite AC/DC songs, and while I've never been a giant fan of the band I've thoroughly enjoying seeing them live each time I have, and can't deny the infectiousness of their hits and energy. There's nothing else like them.

He is/was a relatively unsung hero of rhythm guitar and riffs. Rarely gets the credit he deserves.

RIP, sir.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Malcom Young dead? I'm...... Thunderstruck. And back in black.
R.I.P.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
God speed.

Posts: 5301 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

I think that credit needs to go to The Beatles.

George played 335s or Rickenbackers.
The Beatles we rock of sorts. ACDC, well the original bad boys of rock. \m/

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
I have had quite a few guitars, but only one was purchased because someone's name was on it: my Gretsch 6131MY. It plus my Marshal JMP get the blood flowing.

Thank you Malcolm Young. RIP.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP. I can still remember coming home from class at UF and hearing Back in Black blasting from our apartment speakers, doors and windows open! That was the way we started every weekend back then.....on Thursday.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Wow, some awesome rock and roll. Hard rock.

Rip M,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGftIcp2SC0

A touch, a touch too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaid8ZZds9Y

Girl's got rythum.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
I feel like my youth has died with the knell of the band. At work years back, several ladies in the office tried to label all the men by bands and I was unanimously labeled. For a decade my ringtone has been Back In Black. Malcolm's playing was mesmerizing. He will be missed.

Posts: 6011 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post