SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    RIP Malcolm Young
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

RIP Malcolm Young Login/Join 
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted
This is very sad news. Angus was always in the spotlight but I was mesmerized by watching and listening too Malcolm, especially live.

http://www.foxnews.com/enterta...oung-dead-at-64.html

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Damnit.

Just damnit.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP
Sad he suffered from dementia.
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-42037566

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
That just stinks. We had the chance to see AC/DC on their last tour... all original members, and didn’t go. Roll Eyes

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well that sucks.

I always to see AC/DC in concert but never had the money for the tickets.

My paternal grandfather had dementia. It is a rough road to hoe.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
RIP. I was just cranking some AC/DC the other day. I think I will today.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
When AC/DC comes on and you catch your toes tapping and your head bobbing, it was his fault.

Malclom was the genius behind most of the guitar riff writing, both for him and angus.

I was lucky enough to see them 3 times live.

Try not to get your groove on -

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/uIXV0cir4-E

Posts: 12932 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post

RIP Malcolm....God Speed

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Awesome nhracecraft.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Damn. Angus was always in the spotlight, but it was always Malcolm's band. I wondered about his health a few years ago when they kicked him off the tour.

Posts: 17113 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw them twice. Once outdoors and once indoors at the shark tank in San Jose in 94. My ears rang for a week, loudest show I ever went to. I always liked their stuff from the 70s as it had more bluesy feel. but the 80s and early 90s was good in a more metal way.

They have had a rough go the last few years with the drummer having legal issues and Brian Johnson basically being fired as well. So sad. One of the better bands of the last 40 years. RIP will enjoy your music. Go raise a pint with Bonn wherever you boys end up.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
It saddens me to see this band's downwards slip. They should have called it 10 years ago. I don't know why Angus needs to keep AC/DC going. He's Angus fucking Young! Collaborations, solo projects, and whatnot.

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
That just stinks. We had the chance to see AC/DC on their last tour... all original members, and didn’t go. Roll Eyes

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Give him a break, Floyd. Bon Scott died in 1980.

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
Give him a break, Floyd. Bon Scott died in 1980.

I know. I know. Supposedly, the true rock and roll death.

Jimi Hendrix
John Bonham
Bon Scott

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

A Strangely
Persuasive Monster
Picture of Swain0351
posted Hide Post
He was a terrific rhythm player and riff writer. AC/DC has been one of my favorite bands since I was a kid.

"Arguing with a fool is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, shit on the board, and strut around like it's victorious." ~Anonymous

Posts: 10359 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Swain0351:
He was a terrific rhythm player and riff writer. AC/DC has been one of my favorite bands since I was a kid.

Angus was out front on stage, but Malcolm created the music.

Richard M Nixon

Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

I know. I know. Supposedly, the true rock and roll death.

Jimi Hendrix
John Bonham
Bon Scott

Gram Parsons

“To fulfill Parsons' funeral wishes, Kaufman and a friend stole his body from Los Angeles International Airport and in a borrowed hearse, they drove it to Joshua Tree. Upon reaching the Cap Rock section of the park, they attempted to cremate Parsons' corpse by pouring five gallons of gasoline into the open coffin and throwing a lit match inside. What resulted was an enormous fireball. The police gave chase but, as one account puts it, "were encumbered by sobriety," and the men escaped.[44]

The two were arrested several days later. Since there was no law against stealing a dead body, they were only fined $750[47] for stealing the coffin and were not prosecuted for leaving 35 pounds (16 kg) of his charred remains in the desert. Parsons's body, what remained of it, was eventually buried in Garden of Memories Cemetery in Metairie, Louisiana.

The site of Parsons' cremation was marked by a small concrete slab and was presided over by a large rock flake known to rock climbers as The Gram Parsons Memorial Hand Traverse.[48] The slab has since been removed by the U.S. National Park Service, and relocated to the Joshua Tree Inn. There is no monument at Cap Rock noting Parsons' cremation at the site.[49] Joshua Tree park guides are given the option to tell the story of Parsons' cremation during tours, but there is no mention of the act in official maps or brochures.[49] Fans regularly assemble simple rock structures and writings on the rock, which the park service sand blasts to remove from time to time.”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gram_Parsons

Posts: 4756 | Registered: July 06, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post