SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Coffee - Looking for decent cup of coffee - Post up your choices
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Coffee - Looking for decent cup of coffee - Post up your choices Login/Join 
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted
For some reason I have hit a flat spot in my coffee selections. I just can't find a decent coffee that I really like. I like a strong, full bodied coffee in the morning, something along the lines of French Roast or expresso type.

I have tried many of the offerings at my local grocery but nothing really hits the mark.

I'm using a percolator, which I like, but I'm open to a new coffee maker. I would rather try to find a ground coffee or grind whole beans first. Of course I don't want to spend my life savings on gourmet coffee, but I'm open to new blends.

What do you like and where can I get it?

Posts: 3851 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peet’s Coffee, Major Dickason’s Blend or Big Bang. On the shelf at Publix.

Less is more.

Posts: 3995 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Bustelo Expresso available at Walmart.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
100% Kona or Kauai coffee!

"All warfare is based on deception" Sun Tzu, The art of War

Posts: 552 | Location: Gulf Coast of SW Florida | Registered: August 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do you enjoy Cuban coffee? Can your cardiovascular system withstand a colada or two or three? https://miamifoodie.wordpress....pe-for-cuban-coffee/ Or use one of this and put the sugar on the top.

Available online.

Hello AT! Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones!

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Peet's is to me, the best coffee one can buy at supermarket prices.

If you want to have some fun, contact member Rainman, who blends and roasts his own custom coffees.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Maybe not strong enough but I like the Kirkland Columbian bean. I grind about 1 1/4oz for eight (8) 5oz cups of coffee.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I recently went through a similar exercise. None of my regular coffee selections were satisfying. I went online and tried some incredibly strong ones, but they didn’t taste good and had so much caffeine that I just shook (I normally drink a little less than 16 oz daily).

I had a German friend introduce me to Jacobs coffe.. Not expensive, and totally delicious. I like the fine grind instead of the more course US ground. For 5$, it’s worth trying.

Posts: 2399 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Community Coffee has a good Dark roast and French roast.

Posts: 3596 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe. The original.

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Get yourself a Technovorm coffee maker. It will make everything taste better.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We get ours at Costco and espresso grind it on the machine in the store. The extremely fine grind is the key for me when using a drip coffee maker, whatever the beans.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After using a percolator for more than a year, I switched to a Bonavita Metropolitan Coffee Maker. The same coffee as before is stronger, more full bodied, and less acidic.

Posts: 2367 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you have an Aldi's check out the German coffee they sell. It is in foil bricks and I usually find it on an end cap at our two local stores. If I recall there are two different roasts. It is also very reasonably priced.

The “POLICE"
Their job Is To Save Your Ass,
Not Kiss It

The muzzle end of a .45 pretty much says "go away" in any language - Clint Smith

Posts: 2890 | Location: See der Rabbits, Iowa | Registered: June 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc H.:
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe.

One of my absolute favorites.

So good it's probably illegal somewhere.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Lavazza from Italy.
Cambraia from Brazil
Eco Cafe from Costa Rica
Trung Nguyen from Vietnam!!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
https://www.blackriflecoffee.com

I like their "Murdered Out" and "AK-47" blends/roasts.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've bean drinking Tully's Breakfast Blend. It's reasonably priced when on sale.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Anything that is NOT decaffeinated is good with me.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Drinking this now...

https://smile.amazon.com/Limit...ywords=geisha+coffee

Quite good.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post