SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Will be testing the Jeep lifetime powertrain warranty**update**
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Will be testing the Jeep lifetime powertrain warranty**update** Login/Join 
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Fine print will get you every time. Hope they work with you a little.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1851 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Guy I know had a Charger with the lifetime warranty and they told him they couldn’t help him because they don’t make parts for his car anymore.

What year Charger?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Guy I know had a Charger with the lifetime warranty and they told him they couldn’t help him because they don’t make parts for his car anymore.

What year Charger?

Maybe one of the early V6s. They haven't been made in several years. Major engine parts may not be available still.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:

What year Charger?

2006 - 2008 maybe?

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Well good news out of all of this, I have learned that it is not the head gasket it is the lower intake gasket so they will be replacing both the lower and upper gaskets.

Lesson learned- follow the warranty requirements to a T if you let the inspections go past the required mileage say goodbye to the warranty.

The bad and I guess good news is I believe there will be a new Rubicon somewhere in the near future. My argument that we have a lifetime warranty on the powertrain no longer works.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I have a friend with an '07 (?) Jeep on it's 3rd engine, gone bad and replaced twice under warranty. But if you don't jump through all the hoops along the way, you're SOL as you found out.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
I have a friend with an '07 (?) Jeep on it's 3rd engine, gone bad and replaced twice under warranty. But if you don't jump through all the hoops along the way, you're SOL as you found out.

Wow two engines trashed! What happened to them?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
quote:

Probably hydrolocked em whilst transiting too deep a puddle.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
quote:

The 3.6 in the newer ones is pretty good, but the 3.8 that came in 07 is a garbage motor. Lots and lots of 3.8s die early deaths with no abuse. Do a google search for Jeep 3.8 dead, and there is no shortage of reading material.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post