SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 41

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Plenty of photos at the link,size to large to post here.

750 Pro-Lifers Launch Impromptu Protest Against Virginia Abortion Extremist Kathy Tran

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...xtremist-kathy-tran/

LORTON, VIRGINIA (February 2, 2019) — On very short notice, an estimated 750 Pro-Life citizens turned out to protest the legislative “town hall” scheduled by Virginia State Delegate Kathy Tran (D-VA-42). A large Catholic turn-out was joined by Northern Virginia Republicans determined to win back Tran’s seat later this year.

Tran is the freshman Delegate who sponsored a bill in the Virginia General Assembly to allow the killing of an unborn baby up to the moment of birth. Tran’s halting, defensive explanation of the bill she sponsored before the Virginia state House of Delegates committee went viral and has created a firestorm nationally in the wake of New York passing a similar bill into law.

Governor Ralph Northam (D-Virginia) created a second, bigger firestorm when he tried to explain away Tran’s bill, but instead suggested that it would allow the murder of a baby even after the moment of birth, as well as justifying abortions shortly before birth. Tran’s uncertain explanation of her own bill suggested to this author that Tran may have been talked into sponsoring the bill.

Delegate Tran’s district is mostly within Fairfax County, Virginia. She scheduled a “town hall” to meet with constituents at 1:00 PM today at the South County High School in Lorton, Virginia. But in the last 24 to 48 hours, word spread rapidly that opponents of abortion would show up at Tran’s town hall. The Susan B. Anthony List sponsored the protest, and a series of conservative leaders spoke, including Penny Nance, head of Concerned Women for America and Alison Centofante of Live Action.

In January, as in late December, all or nearly all members of the Virginia General Assembly are sponsoring “legislative town halls” across their districts to meet with their voters, listen to ideas about legislation voters want to see worked on, listen to support or opposition to pending bills, and hear what priorities their constituents have.

However, as word spread, Tran cancelled her townhall. The purpose of the event of course was to hear from her Northern Virginia constituents. Tran ducked them instead. Tran was also scheduled to hold a joint town hall with Senator Scott Surovell (D-VA-36) at the “Workhouse Arts Center” on the Lorton border with Woodbridge. Tran went ahead with the second town hall, but getting the counter-demonstrating crowd to relocate was too difficult to attempt.

Because the townhall was cancelled, the protestors were not allowed into the school auditorium. The event spilled over onto the nearby intersection of major streets. Attendees filled all four corners of the intersection as well as the median strips in between.

The school parking lot was open and chock-filled with cars. Of the numbered parking spaces numbering up to 510, apparently not a single space was empty by the time the protest was getting underway. Others parked on side-streets. The” lead organizer” of the Northern Virginia Tea Party estimated the crowd at around 750, analyzing each section individually, based on his two decades of leading conservative activism and organizing many tea party events and demonstrations since 2009. The filled parking spaces — recognizing that some cars contained 2, 3, or 4 people each — suggest that Wilcox’s estimate is either accurate or perhaps low.

Speakers and attendees were concerned that Kathy Tran was not by any means acting alone. They stressed that although her extreme abortion bill was voted down in committee on a party-line vote, the Democrats are only just getting started and the issue will be coming back again and again until the Democrats make it the law of Virginia. The focus was on all of the Democrats responsible, not merely Tran.

Virginia holds State and local elections on off-years, which means the entire Virginia House of Delegates is up for re-election this November.

In 2017, Asian-American Delegate Kathy Tran won the seat previously held for 24 years by Republican Dave Albo — who chose not to seek re-election — by defeating Republican Latina Lolita Mancheno-Smoak. Some Virginia Republicans have grumbled to this writer that — like most Republican leaders — Albo did not help the party prepare for a successor but abruptly pulled out. The GOP then lost the seat to a little-known Democrat (Tran).

The Fairfax Republican National Committee led by Chairman Tim Hannigan put up its events tent by the side of the road alongside those with explicitly Catholic and other Christian denomination signs and beliefs.

The FCRC team reported that they signed up 100 new volunteers from the event because of the outrage and furor over the Democrats’ extreme agenda on abortion this year. Most asked about the cross-over felt that it is time for people who care about these issues to stop standing on the sideline.

The time for just watching is past. They must be part of the process and directly involved from now on. A hundred of them not previously in touch with the Fairfax County Republican Committee decided today was the day to take the plunge and get political about it.

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jigray3:
What I want to know is exactly how inept the Republican party of VA is? When Northam was running for governor, where was the opposition research? You telling me no one researched the man? Nobody looked at his yearbooks? Republican Bill Bolling could have been governor had this been unearthed and released at the right time. Northam or current Lt. Gov. Farifax, doesn't matter. Virginia is stuck with a POS leftist as Governor when we didn't have to be.

Campaign management failure on a Romney scale:

Meet the GOP Campaign Manager For Northam’s Opponent Who Failed To Find KKK, Blackface Yearbook Photo

I am waiting for Northam - Abrahms 2020. Big Grin

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
BREAKING: Here Is Kaine and Warner’s Statement Calling For Ralph Northam To Resign

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...h-northam-to-resign/

emocrat Virginia senators Mark Warner and Tim Kaine, joined by Congressman Bobby Scott, offered their review of governor Ralph Northam’s strange press conference in which he vowed to continue governing, despite not having any support. Northam has been undone by the “Blackface-Klan” photograph in his medical school yearbook — first published by Big League Politics.

Warner and Kaine were holding out to see if Northam could pull it together. No longer.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
They believe everybody switched sides.

Well we all know the racist dixiecrats stayed in the democrat party and allied with the racist northern democrats....

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
When a reporter asked, if he could still moonwalk?
He looked around for enough room to moonwalk!!

It just bears repeating. Big Grin

Please post a link for posterity.

The link is about halfway down the page on page 15:
https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1091798271087894529

Holy cow. His wife had to tell him it wasn't the right circumstances to moonwalk?

I think we are looking at a genuine case of mental illness that manifests itself as liberalism. Genuine mental illness. For a second I almost felt sorry for him.

Nah, that feeling is over. Fuck 'em. He's gotta go.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
"Unforgivable" - Trump Slams Racist, Late-Term-Abortion-Supporting Democrat VA Governor

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...nt-racist-picture-ap

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Democrat Governor Ralph Northam of Virginia just stated, “I believe that I am not either of the people in that photo.” This was 24 hours after apologizing for appearing in the picture and after making the most horrible statement on “super” late term abortion. Unforgivable!

And before anyone starts rejecting his call of racism - remember, Northam admits to more than once wearing boot-polish on his face (for a Michael Jackson dance contest where he admitted he did not use much as it was hard to remove - confirming he had done it before) - something that if done by any Republican in America would have prompted screams of anguish and outrage in a deca-panel of CNN's "reporters."

But Trump wasn't finished, taking a jab at Northam's opponent's 'Opposition Research Team' being sued for "Malpractice and Dereliction of Duty."

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Ed Gillespie, who ran for Governor of the Great State of Virginia against Ralph Northam, must now be thinking Malpractice and Dereliction of Duty with regard to his Opposition Research Staff. If they find that terrible picture before the election, he wins by 20 points!

HA HA

Warren Meyers @MeyersWarren

Breaking News: Christine Blasey Ford says she was at Halloween Party road trip at Eastern Virginia Medical School sometime in the mid eighties where there was a student in black face and another in a KKK outfit. Oh, and they were drinking beer!
2:24 PM - Feb 2, 2019

And as Northam concluded his press conference, Tom Perez, chairman of the Democratic National Committee, released a statement that said Northam no longer has the public trust and should step down.

“His past actions are completely antithetical to everything the Democratic Party stands for,” Perez said.

“Virginians and people across the country deserve better from their leaders, and it is clear that Ralph Northam has lost their trust and his ability to govern.”

Majority leader Pelosi has yet to call for Northam's resignation.

As we detailed earlier, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam does not believe he was in a racist picture in his 1984 medical yearbook and has no plans to resign, according to the Associated Press, citing a Democrat who has spoken with Northam.

Nate Silver

@NateSilver538

So just to get this straight, the governor of Virginia is proposing to use facial recognition software to prove he wasn't the guy pictured in a Klan hood?

The embattled Governor still hasn't explained his nickname, "Coonman," however.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
And modern democrats are just too stupid to know the history of their party.

And this boggles the mind.

The commies think that Republicans and Democrats magically by mutual agreement, "switched sides" in regards to slavery, race, etc. Roll Eyes

They still own and run the plantation. Their perception of blacks is insulting and bigoted.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
allowfullscreen></iframe>
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
quote:

The commies think that Republicans and Democrats magically by mutual agreement, "switched sides" in regards to slavery, race, etc. Roll Eyes

They still own and run the plantation. Their perception of blacks is insulting and bigoted.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
yes the wife saved him even more embarrassment

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...alk-at-wild-presser/

In a bizarre moment during Gov. Ralph Northam’s (D-VA) Saturday afternoon press conference on a racist yearbook photo, the embattled lawmaker’s wife ordered him not to perform the moonwalk after revealing he once wore blackface for a dance contest.

Northam (D-VA) said he darkened his face for a Michael Jackson costume in 1984 — the same year in which he acknowledged Friday evening to have appeared in a photo with another individual wearing blackface and a Ku Klux Klan outfit.

“My belief that I did not wear that costume or attend that party stems, in part, by my clear memory of other mistakes I made in the same period of my life,” Northam said. “That same year, I did participate in a dance contest in San Antonio in which I darkened my face as part of a Michael Jackson costume.”

During the question period, one reporter asked Northam if he could still moonwalk, prompting the governor to smile and look around the room for space to possible perform the dance move.

“Inappropriate circumstances,” Northam’s wife told the embattled lawmaker.

The website Big League Politics first reported on the photo, which was later obtained by the Virginia-Pilot.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Holy cow. His wife had to tell him it wasn't the right circumstances to moonwalk?

So... is Pam, his girlfriend or fiancé at the time, the one in the KKK robe and hat?
Eek

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24104 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Governor of Virginia: Let’s Be Civil About Killing Newborns

https://townhall.com/columnist...ng-newborns-n2540695

For those who question whether abortion is really “baby killing,” the governor of Virginia, Ralph Northam, has left us no doubt. Not only does he advocate the possible killing of a newborn baby, he wants us to be “civil” when discussing it.

This is reminiscent of Nazi leaders discussing the slaughter of Jewish children, women, and men in icy, dispassionate terms the way an accountant would discuss balancing the books. Such is the face of evil.

Earlier in the week, it was reported that, “During a radio interview on Wednesday morning, Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D) seemed to endorse killing an infant after it has already been delivered alive (specifically, in the case of a baby surviving an abortion).

“In the scenario described by Northam, a baby would be born alive and resuscitated if necessary, and then doctors and the mother could ‘have a discussion’ which, based on context, would determine whether or not the child would be killed. While pro-life advocates view all abortion as infanticide, what Northam described would be infanticide by any definition.”

This, of course, is the deadly and logical progression of the spirit of abortion.

It is not satisfied with terminating the life of a 12-week-old baby which could not live outside the womb. It is not satisfied with terminating the life of a 32-week-old baby which could live outside the womb. It must also kill the baby outside the womb if the baby somehow managed to survive an abortion.
CARTOONS | Chip Bok
View Cartoon

That’s what the infamous Kermit Gosnell did. Killing babies inside the womb wasn’t enough.

To repeat: This is the deadly and logical progression.

That’s why, in 1995, President Clinton vetoed the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act. Then, 20 years later, in 2015, President Obama promised to veto the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act (HR 3504).

As stated by Carol Tobias, president of the National Right to Life Committee (NRLC), “President Obama's subservience to the abortion lobby is so complete that he now threatens to use his pen to protect the abortionist who would kill a baby born alive, rather than to protect that helpless baby.”

Getting back to the Gov. Northam, after his initial comments drew so much controversy, a reporter asked him, “Some members of your party have said privately that, and maybe one publicly, that your comments yesterday could have been more precise, or they weren't helpful.”

So, he was asked, “Do you think, do you regret what you said yesterday or the way you said it?”

Northam replied without hesitation: “No I don't.”

And then this, which is utterly baffling and completely contrary to the life-saving ethic of the medical profession: “I'm a physician. I'm also the governor.”

He continued, “But when I'm asked questions, a lot of the times it is put in the context of being a physician, again realizing how we approach, how we manage patients, how we offer advice and counseling, so no I don't have any regrets.”

So, he had no regrets about making his barbarous comments about killing a newborn baby. (And remember: The context of those comments was the proposal of a new abortion Virginia law that would have allowed a full-term, pregnant woman who was already dilating to choose to abort the baby even for alleged mental health reasons.)

None of that troubled the governor.

Instead, he said, “But I do find that how my comments, I did answer that question, I regret that those comments have been mischaracterized, the personal insults towards me I really find disgusting.”

No, Gov. Northam.

It was your comments that were disgusting, sir. It was your beyond-extreme, pro-abortion, baby-killing words that were disgusting.

And while I regret that some people have responded to your ill-spoken words with ugly words of their own, you, sir, bear the responsibility for making such an evil suggestion.

Or perhaps we should expand the parents’ “discussion” about whether to let any handicapped baby live? Or what about any unwanted baby? Maybe kill that one too?

And yet there’s more.

Gov. Northam ended his response with this: “So again as I said in my comments about this earlier, we can agree to disagree, but let's be civil about it.”

What? Let’s “agree to disagree” about the ethics of infanticide? Let’s “be civil” about terminating the life of a newborn?

With all respect, sir, that is not going to happen. Not as long as there are Americans with a conscience. Not as long as there are Americans with a heart.

We do recognize that abortion can sometimes be an agonizingly difficult choice for a pregnant woman, like a 16-year-old raped by her drunken uncle. While we still say that abortion was the wrong choice, we do not condemn the teen as a moral monster.

In contrast, just as New York’s new abortion law is monstrous and just as the failed Virginia proposal is monstrous, so also the governor’s comments are monstrous – and beyond.

Gov. Northam, we will never “agree to disagree” with you about infanticide. As Vice President Pence wrote, what you’re advocating “is morally reprehensible and evil.”

May the Lord grant you repentance.

posted Hide Post
Northam after he resigns.

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
Keep the pressure on! Too often, the Right makes some temporary mewling noises and then every issue gets dropped like a bad habit.

Northam has got to continue getting heat. Every day. On every outlet. Without fail.

Remove him from office and continue to batter the Left with their hypocrisy and false outrage.

It's time to stand up and take a stand. As the character Howard Beale said in the movie Network
quote:

I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!...You've got to say, I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE! Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
There's stupid and there's "black hole" stupid. I lost IQ points watching that black hole of intellect.

quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
[FLASH_VIDEO]

There is logic, there is circular logic, then there is circular illogic. Can you guess which actually describes what was coming out of that apparently female person’s piehole?

Posts: 6918 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Report This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Democrats Know NO Shame! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8878 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Northam before he became governor.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
quote:

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/9Ma7qlUY7M4

Note, if you are on BP medication, skip to last minute.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Keep the pressure on! Too often, the Right makes some temporary mewling noises and then every issue gets dropped like a bad habit.

Northam has got to continue getting heat. Every day. On every outlet. Without fail.

Remove him from office and continue to batter the Left with their hypocrisy and false outrage.

It's time to stand up and take a stand. As the character Howard Beale said in the movie Network
quote:

I want you to get up right now. Sit up. Go to your windows. Open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!...You've got to say, I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE! Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first, get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it: I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

We may be better off if he stays. The Dems don’t want to associate or work with him, might be the best possible outcome.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6486 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Report This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is reminiscent of Nazi leaders discussing the slaughter of Jewish children, women, and men in icy, dispassionate terms the way an accountant would discuss balancing the books. Such is the face of evil.

One of the most brilliant thinkers of the 20th Century, Hannah Arendt, attended the war crime hearings of Adolf Eichmann. She entitled the book she wrote about the experience The Banality of Evil. Eichmann was not a fist-pounding fanatic, frothing at the mouth. He was not ranting against the Jews. He was a bland little bureaucrat, who had been simply carrying out orders as efficiently as possible.

Planned Parenthood kills millions of babies, under the guidance of the same kind of flat, cold executives-- who, along with Northam, would like everyone to be "civil," please, in the conversation about murdering newborns. The babies will be made comfortable as the doctor and the mother confer. Then as the babies get their first look at the world, at people, instinctively looking for mother, a doctor will snip the back of their neck, severing the spinal cord. Sterile, surgical scissors, of course.

Evil

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Report This Post