SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 41

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children Login/Join 
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted
Today, Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow mothers and doctors to kill their children AFTER they have been born.

There is no taking what he said out of context. He has just endorsed infanticide. There are already calls for him to resign.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/0...or-northam-abortion/

quote:

Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam couldn’t precisely answer whether he supports abortion until birth and suggested an infant could be born and then the mother and doctor could discuss what should happen next, in a Wednesday morning interview.

“If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother,” Northam said in a WTOP interview.

Aborting a baby after it has been born is illegal.

His comments come after Democratic Virginia Delegate Kathy Tran introduced HB 2491, or the Repeal Act, in January. The legislation seeks to repeal the state’s current restrictions on late-term abortions. The bill would allow a doctor to perform an abortion when a woman is dilating, meaning she is about to give birth.

If passed, the measure will do away with the state’s requirement that second- and third-trimester abortions be performed only to preserve the health or life of the woman.

A woman seeking to abort would no longer need to obtain an ultrasound before having an abortion, under the proposed law. Currently, three physicians must conclude that a third-trimester abortion is necessary to preserve the health or life of the woman. Those requirements are stripped under the proposed legislation, which also removes the state’s mandate that second- and third-trimester abortions be performed in hospitals. (RELATED: New York Passes Bill On Roe V Wade Anniversary Casting Abortion As A Woman’s Right)

The Repeal Act saw its first subcommittee hearing Monday.

“Clearly, this kind of legislation is an attempt to create legal infanticide as viable babies are aborted to the cheers of abortion extremists,” Students for Life President Kristan Hawkins said in a statement.

quote:

Matt Sarelson
@MSarelson
Seems to me Ralph Northam, the @GovernorVA needs to resign. Hard to come back from advocating infanticide. #NorthamResign.

Roe v. Wade gave women the right to abort up to the point of fetal “viability,” a term that continues to foster debate as neonatal care advances. Physicians generally point to between 22 and 24 weeks as the point at which a newborn baby can survive outside the womb.

"Legislators, most of whom are men by the way, shouldn’t be telling a woman what she should and shouldn’t be doing with her body,” Northam also said in the interview.

Seventy-five percent of Americans support significant abortion restrictions and say abortion should not be legal after a woman is three months pregnant, according to a Jan. 15 Marist poll. Nearly 60 percent of Americans support banning abortion after 20 weeks except to save the life of the mother, according to the poll.

The average time from ovulation until birth is approximately 38 weeks.

“No woman seeks a third trimester abortion except in the case of tragic or difficult circumstances … and the governor’s comments were limited to the actions physicians would take in the event that a woman in those circumstances went into labor,” Northam’s communication director, Ofirah Yheskel, said in an emailed statement to The Daily Caller News Foundation.

“Attempts to extrapolate these comments otherwise is in bad faith and underscores exactly why the governor believes physicians and women, not legislators, should make these difficult and deeply personal medical decisions,” Yheskel said.

This post was updated with comment from Northam’s office.

Ralph Northam's defense of what he said is an abysmal lie. The man just endorsed killing babies.

I looked and didn't see this on the forum. Sorry if I missed it.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
He's just following New York's and Cuomo's lead.

Democrat Party: Its what you get when you cross old Druid paganism with modern fascism.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Just sickening. The representatives who are considering these bills should be recalled immediately.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I caught this on the 5:30 news; he's trying to backpedal on his statements/words, etc. If I heard correctly, just as a number of his endorsed gun restrictions did earlier, this bill died in committee.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
It did die in committee, by a 5-3 vote. That means there were three committee members who voted for killing children after birth.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
It did die in committee, by a 5-3 vote. That means there were three committee members who voted for killing children after birth.

I'd bet my next paycheck that they all had a "D" after their names.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:

I'd bet my next paycheck that they all had a "D" after their names.

Yes, D. For domestic enemy.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
My jaw dropped when I heard him say this today. Right from his Godforsaken mouth. It's horrific what the left is openly advocating for. And in some cases actually doing!

Murder. It's murder, plain and simple.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Here’s a short piece of Kathy Tran’s testimony. These people are completely amoral

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Making sure NY doesn’t corner the market on abortion tourism... Barbarism & evil show its face.

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Ralph Northam ran his campaign saying he was a pediatrician. Yeah, I think he is a pediatrician the same way Josef Mengele was a pediatrician.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
This is the Democrats' Die Endlösung.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Report This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If you look closely you can see death's head in the DNC logo...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Those fucks should've been aborted. Then we wouldn't have these anti-American assholes leading other anti-American assholes.

posted Hide Post
New York Passes Extreme Abortion Legislation on the Anniversary of Roe v. Wade

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-roe-v-wade-n2539902

The New York legislature passed the Reproductive Health Act and Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed it into law Tuesday evening on the anniversary of the Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade decision. The measure allows abortion at “any time” to protect “a patient’s life or health” and removes criminal penalties for abortion.

The bill would permit a “licensed health care practitioner” to perform an abortion “within 24 weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an absence of fetal viability, or at any time when necessary to protect a patient's life or health.”

It also does away with criminal penalties for self-abortion and defines "'Person,' when referring to the victim of a homicide," to mean "a human being who has been born and is alive."

Kathleen Gallagher, director of pro-life activities for the New York State Catholic Conference, warned the Catholic Courier recently about the potential consequences of the bill's passage.

She argued that the bill’s proponents have been misleadingly framing it as simply codifying Roe v Wade when in reality it goes much farther.

“One of the stark differences is that Roe v Wade never gave permission for nondoctors to perform abortions, and this bill specifically will allow nondoctors to perform abortions,” she explained. “It also repeals protections that are currently in our law for babies that are accidentally born alive during an abortion.”

Suzanne Stack, life-issues coordinator for the Diocese of Rochester, told the Courier that the bill “would remove abortion from the state’s penal code, which means there would no longer be a criminal avenue to pursue if a baby dies in the womb through an act of domestic violence or another crime.”

“I doubt that almost any of us in New York state would be comfortable with these provisions, but we have not been offered the facts by most of the media or by many of our legislators,” Stack emphasized.

New York’s bishops lamented the bill’s expected passage last week.

“Words are insufficient to describe the profound sadness we feel at the contemplated passage of New York State’s new proposed abortion policy,” they said in a statement. “We mourn the unborn infants who will lose their lives, and the many mothers and fathers who will suffer remorse and heartbreak as a result.”

Cuomo and Planned Parenthood, the nation’s largest abortion provider, celebrated the bill’s signing on Twitter Tuesday evening.

Planned Parenthood Action

@PPact

This. Is. Huge.@NYGovCuomo JUST signed the Reproductive Health Act into law — a big win towards securing safe, legal abortion & access to contraception for all!

Can't wait to see other states follow New York's lead to protect our health and rights.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
This is the tipping point. My imagination is limited but I can't see anything being more reprehensibly vile than this.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Every day that passes, the Democrats come up with a new moral low. They’ve just hit close to rock bottom. I cannot see for the life of me how anyone, ANYONE, that is not a complete dyed in the wool leftist would vote for these people. Any middle of the road people that vote democrat just because there is a D next to the name should have been “late term aborted”. Fucking sick swine.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Here’s a short piece of Kathy Tran’s testimony. These people are completely amoral

I'm struggling to come up with a strong enough word to describe how I feel about this woman and those of a similar... meld.

These leftist are vile, Godless people.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OB/GYN slams New York abortion law: 'Absolutely no reason to kill a baby' in 3rd trimester

https://www.foxnews.com/faith-...y-in-third-trimester

An OB/GYN who has delivered more than 2,500 babies went viral for his response to New York state's new pro-abortion bill that allows abortion right up until birth in many cases.

The "Reproductive Health Act," signed into law by Governor Andrew Cuomo last week and publicly celebrated by progressives, states "abortion is one of the safest medical procedures performed in the United States." But Dr. Omar L. Hamada, an OB/GYN and former army surgeon, slammed the state for trumpeting the law.

Cuomo ordered that some buildings, including the One World Trade Center, be lighted in pink to celebrate the passage of the law.

“That’s actually sick,” Hamada told "Fox & Friends" Monday morning, “that we’re celebrating the death of infants – of babies that could live outside of the womb right then. In fact, at the base of the World Trade Center…there is a memorial to 9/11 in which is listed the names of the victims and also the fetuses. I think there were four or six fetuses that were killed, and they list those as victims. And now they’re celebrating that they’re able to take the lives of those.”

The new law allows non-doctors to perform the procedure and allows for abortions up to the point of birth if the life or health of the mother is deemed at risk or the baby is not viable.

“There’s absolutely no reason to kill a baby before delivery in the third trimester," he said. "Not a fetal or maternal indication – what we say in medicine. If there’s a problem, and there are problems in the third trimester, both with the babies and with the mom that require delivery, just deliver the baby. We don’t have to kill it."

Hamada said the liberal progressive agenda doesn’t define the baby as a human being until birth. They removed the criminal protections that the baby had under New York penal law.

The OB/GYN went viral for his tweet saying there is "absolutely no doubt" that abortion is never required in the third trimester.

“Their agenda is to have unlimited abortions nationwide,” Hamada said. “I think New York’s move here has really opened the door for that, but I know that, down in Tennessee, for example, we’re resisting that. We’re wanting to pass a heartbeat bill here in the next little while, hopefully.”

Outside of the medical community, many Catholic leaders have called for the excommunication of Cuomo, who is a self-professed Roman Catholic and a former altar boy. But New York Archbishop Cardinal Timothy Dolan said he doesn't support it for fear that it would only help opponents of pro-life legislation.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
Outside of the medical community, many Catholic leaders have called for the excommunication of Cuomo, who is a self-professed Roman Catholic and a former altar boy. But New York Archbishop Cardinal Timothy Dolan said he doesn't support it for fear that it would only help opponents of pro-life legislation.

Cardinal Dolan is a spineless leftist piece of shit who should be defrocked himself if he will not uphold Church doctrine.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post