SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Northam Refers to Slaves as ‘Indentured Servants’

He just keeps making it worse.

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...indentured-servants/

Blackface-wearing Democrat Governor of Virginia Ralph Northam kept digging himself a deeper hole on CBS’s “Face the Nation,” continuing possibly the worst string of public relations work in the recent history of American politics.

Host Gayle King pressed Northam on what she described as a “very difficult week for [Northam] and state of Virginia.” She opened the floor to Northam, asking him where he wanted to begin, and immediately he launched into a historical tirade, which quickly derailed

“We are now at the 400-year anniversary — just 90 miles from here in 1619. The first indentured servants from Africa landed on our shores in Old Point Comfort, what we call now Fort Monroe, and while—” he said before King cut him off.

“Also known as slavery,” King said.
“Yes,” Northam replied sheepishly.

https://t.co/AiX96MU1rJ

Posts: 12648 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
What a schmuck.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31420 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
so now Northam is a "moral compass" for Virgina

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...-with-moral-compass/

Northam:

“While we have made a lot of progress in Virginia, slavery has ended, schools have been desegregated, we have ended the Jim Crow laws, easier access to voting, it is abundantly clear that we still have a lot of work to do, and I really think this week raised the level of awareness in the Commonwealth and in this country that we have not seen certainly in my lifetime.”

“We have worked very hard. We’ve had a good first year, and I’m a leader. I’ve been in some very difficult situations, life-and-death situations, taken care of sick children.”

“Right now, Virginia needs someone that can heal. There’s no better person to do that than a doctor. Virginia also needs someone who is strong, who has empathy, who has courage, and who has a moral compass and that’s why I am not going anywhere.

I have learned from this. I have a lot more to learn. But we near a unique opportunity now, again a 400-year anniversary of the history, whether bit good or bad in Virginia to really make some impactful changes.”

Let's apply this asinine reasoning to a different situation. Let's say he got busted for DUI. I imagine his statement would read:

quote:

“While we have made a lot of progress in Virginia, it is abundantly clear that we still have a lot of work to do, and I really think this week raised the level of awareness in the Commonwealth and in this country that we have not seen certainly in my lifetime.”

“Right now, Virginia needs someone that is a drunk to raise awareness of this critical issue of driving under the influence. There’s no better person to do that than a drunk like me. Virginia also needs someone who is strong, who has empathy, who has courage, and who has a moral compass and that’s why I am not going anywhere.

I have learned from this. I have a lot more to learn. But we near a unique opportunity now, whether bit good or bad in Virginia to really make some impactful changes.”

Scumbag. 'We' don't have a lot of work to do - YOU do.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

“We are now at the 400-year anniversary — just 90 miles from here in 1619. The first indentured servants from Africa landed on our shores in Old Point Comfort, what we call now Fort Monroe, and while—” he said before King cut him off.

Yet we hear this clown is making race his first agenda -- reparations, Ta-Nehisi Coates "academic" fever dreams, etc. His bubble is filled with good intentions, so he tells himself, but, in fact, he's an ill-informed, out of touch, ignorant bastard. And still the governor of Virginia. Surreal.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8326 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Meredith Watson’s Attorney Says Fairfax Knew About Her Previous Rape So He Allegedly Raped Her Again

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...dly-raped-her-again/

Meredith Watson’s attorneys are clarifying facts about their client’s assertion that she was raped by Justin Fairfax at Duke University.

Fairfax allegedly cited Watson’s previous alleged rape by a Duke basketball player as the impetus for his alleged rape of Watson at a college party.

Here is what Nancy Erika Smith stated.

“We have heard from numerous press sources that in response to Meredith Watson revealing that Justin Fairfax raped her when she was a student at Duke, Mr. Fairfax has chosen to attack his victim again, now smearing her with the typical “she’s nuts” defense. He revealed that Ms. Watson was the victim of a prior rape. That is true. Ms. Watson was raped by a basketball player during her sophomore year at Duke. She went to the Dean, who provided no help and discouraged her from pursuing the claim further,” Smith stated.

“Ms. Watson also told friends, including Justin Fairfax. Mr. Fairfax then used this prior assault against Ms. Watson, as he explained to her during the only encounter she had with him after the rape. She left a campus party when he arrived, and he followed her out. She turned and asked: “Why did you do it?” Mr. Fairfax answered: “I knew that because of what happened to you last year, you’d be too afraid to say anything.” Mr. Fairfax actually used the prior rape of his “friend” against her when he chose to rape her in a premeditated way. Like he is smearing Dr. Vanessa Tyson, Mr. Fairfax is now smearing Ms. Watson. That’s shameful. The smears on victims of sexual assault have to stop. Why would any woman come forward with information about a powerful man knowing that he and his supporters will stop at nothing to smear and discredit them? Women come forward to support one another and to stop the culture of rape that is even more pervasive than we acknowledge,” Smith stated.

Watson’s rape claim against a former Duke basketball player is now being investigated, and coach Mike Krzyzewski has acknowledged the seriousness of the matter.

Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
It's the wonder of the ages how this idiot ever got elected governor of Virginia.
The Republican party in Virginia is in shambles. How could they not have discovered anything on any of these three peckerheads before the election?

It’s almost like Repubs are incompetent.

& how about that Op Research law firm? They should be flipping burgers.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:

Actually, that's not what indentured servants were at all.

An indentured servant was a free person who was obligated to work for a set period of time in the Americas. A fair number of them were convicted and sentenced. Most did it voluntarily to pay for their passage from Britain and to have a chance to get established in the colonies. Their employers were obligated to feed and clothe them, their contracts could be sold, and if they ran off they could be hunted down and forced to complete their term. But once they'd completed the time of their indenture they were perfectly free and enjoyed all the civil rights (of the time) of any free person. In general, being indentured was pretty much the same thing (and was legally the same thing) as being an 18th-century apprentice.

Slaves were legally considered, and were generally treated, as property from the time they were born or grabbed until the time they were manumitted or they died.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Northam Takes Aim At Confederate Statues In Attempt To Rebound From Racist Yearbook Photo

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...cist-yearbook-photo/

In a Washington Post interview from Saturday, Governor of Virginia Ralph Northam said that he is planning to target Confederate monuments that supposedly provoke “hatred” and “bigotry” for relocation to museums. He stated, “I will take a harder line. If there are statues, if there are monuments out there that provoke this type of hatred and bigotry, they need to be in museums.”

Governor Northam is desperately trying to stabilize his political career after the release of his medical school yearbook photo, depicting him in either blackface or a KKK robe.

Northam makes several comments in the interview addressing the persisting issues of racism gripping the state of Virginia, while still denying his personal expressions of racism on full display in his yearbook photo.

“It’s obvious from what happened this week that we still have a lot of work to do. There are still some very deep wounds in Virginia, and especially in the area of equity,”.

He continues,

“There are ongoing inequities to access to things like education, health care, mortgages, capital, entrepreneurship. And so this has been a real, I think, an awakening for Virginia. It has really raised the level of awareness for racial issues in Virginia. And so we’re ready to learn from our mistakes.”

Northam lays out several initiatives that he says he plans to take action on regarding minorities in Virginia. One of which refers to the relocation of Confederate monuments to museums. According to The Post, Northam has flip-flopped on the issue of taking down Confederate monuments, reportedly once advocating for local governments to have the final decision in the matter, and now stating that he will “take a harder line” on Confederate monuments, and that, “If there are statues, if there are monuments out there that provoke this type of hatred and bigotry, they need to be in museums.”

The interviewer from The Post asked Northam if a portrait of former Virginia Governor Henry Wise, who was a supporter of the Confederacy and the institution of slavery, that was hanging in the parlor should be taken down. He responded, “Well, I think that’s an important part of history, and we need to tell all history,” and that “We have good history in Virginia . . . and we have history that’s not good and I don’t think we can shy away from any of it. We must tell it all, we must put it in perspective.”

His response to the interviewer’s question about the portrait gives mixed signals as to where the Governor actually stands on the issue of removing history to fit modern ideas of political correctness. Perhaps showing a contradiction between what Northam prepped to tell the interviewer, and what his actual thoughts and ideas are on the matter.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Predictable, shallow and artificial....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29681 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Wait for it...

Next, Northam will say in the 18th and 19th centuries black Africans risked their lives migrating to the new world looking for work.

Every pore on this disgusting person breaths hate, racism and disdain for human life.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That bitch statue/monument set me up!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Picture of PGT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
Wait for it...

Next, Northam will say in the 18th and 19th centuries black Africans risked their lives migrating to the new world looking for work.

Every pore on this disgusting person breaths hate, racism and disdain for human life.

Yep. I've heard it before here in Ole Virginia....

"Africans were better off here than where they came from"

As if that made slavery a noble endeavor, a moral high ground. It's a slaver's delusion to believe that and Northam is clearly cut from that cloth.

Posts: 3074 | Registered: December 21, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Latest from Northam: I’m not resigning but Fairfax and Herring should. Ahahahaha! The nerve of this guy!

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Something I already knew has been confirmed yet again. You can have all the drive, intelligence, and grit that it takes to achieve becoming a doctor, but still be an absolute retard.

In regards to Lt Gov Rapey McRapester, fuck him, especially after Kavenaugh. #believeher

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Given enough rope this guy would moon walk.

Seems he's probably racist and doesn't get any of it.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13397 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
Actually, that's not what indentured servants were at all.

It’s always possible to amaze me with what people don’t know. That guy had obviously heard of indentured servitude, but to know so little about it that he thought it was the same as slavery—incredible.

But I’m not sure the interviewer knew the difference either because “also known as …” indicates she may have thought they were the same herself and just wanted to use a more well-known term. If she was going to interrupt and correct him, why not say, “What you mean is that they were slaves, not indentured servants”?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47394 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Latest from Northam: I’m not resigning but Fairfax and Herring should. Ahahahaha! The nerve of this guy!

This all started with him, a physician, describing how to kill problem babies but now he thinks only he has the "moral compass" to lead us out of this. I continue to marvel, not to mention my shame, that this guy made it through med school.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Northam:

"And there is a reason-- I believe-- that this happened,"

"That we are in a position to learn. I will focus on race and equity. That's something that, for the next three years, is gonna be my commitment to Virginia. And I really think we can-- make impactful changes."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I suspect black power organizations will realize Northam is now a useful tool for them. They may back off demanding he resign.

Especially given the problems of the Lt Gov.