SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 41

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
National Organization for Women Calls on Justin Fairfax to Resign

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...zation-women-resign/

The National Organization for Women, one of the country’s largest self-described “feminist” groups, called on Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax (D-VA) to resign Wednesday, hours after his accuser went public with an allegation of sexual assault.

“Dr. Vanessa Tyson has made the brave decision to come forward and reveal in her own words what happened between her and Virginia Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax during the 2004 Democratic National Convention in Boston,” the group’s spokesperson, Toni Van Pelt, said in a statement. “Her story is horrifying, compelling and clear as day – and we believe her.”

“We believe and support survivors,” it continued. “This is more important than who is going to be the next governor of Virginia. This isn’t about politics. It’s about a woman who has experienced sexual assault — a serious crime – at the hands of a powerful man, who is now attacking her character.”

Tyson went public with her sexual assault accusation against Fairfax on Wednesday, saying in a statement that she repressed the memory for years but came forward in part because of the possibility that the Democrat could succeed a scandal-mired governor .

Fairfax’s accuser, a 42-year-old political science professor who studies the intersection of politics and the #MeToo movement, said the lawmaker held her head down and forced her to perform oral sex on him in his hotel room at the Democratic National Convention in Boston in 2004.

“I cannot believe, given my obvious distress, that Mr. Fairfax thought this forced sexual act was consensual,” Tyson said in a three-page statement issued by her attorney . “To be very clear, I did not want to engage in oral sex with Mr. Fairfax and I never gave any form of consent. Quite the opposite.”

The accusation comes amid calls from top Democrats for the resignation of Gov. Ralph Northam (D-VA) over a racist photo that appeared on his 1984 medical school yearbook page. Fairfax, who would be in line to become governor if Northam resigned, said Wednesday his sexual encounter with Tyson was consensual and questioned why she waited so long to come forward.

At the time of the 2004 convention, Fairfax, now 39, was a law student serving as an aide to then-Democrat vice presidential nominee John Edwards.

While Tyson said in her statement that she never spoke to Fairfax again, Fairfax said Tyson made efforts to keep in contact with him after their encounter and even wanted him to meet her mother.

“At no time did she express to me any discomfort or concern about our interactions, neither during that encounter, nor during the months following it, when she stayed in touch with me, nor the past 15 years,” Fairfax said .

Tyson said Wednesday the incident left her feeling deeply humiliated and ashamed but she repressed the memory to focus on her career as an academic. She only began to tell friends about the alleged assault in October 2017, after seeing a photo of Fairfax with an article about his campaign. She said she was inspired in part by the #MeToo movement to contact The Washington Post, which investigated her accusation and decided not to publish a story because it could not corroborate it.

Tyson said she became embroiled in the issue most recently in a cryptic Facebook post she wrote after news stories suggested that the racist photo scandal surrounding Northam could elevate Fairfax to the governor’s job.

“I felt a jarring sense of both outrage and despair,” she said in the statement. “That night I vented my frustration on Facebook in a message that I wrote as a private post. I did not identify Lt. Governor Fairfax by name but stated that it seemed inevitable that the campaign staffer who assaulted me during the Democratic Convention in 2004 was about to get a big promotion.”

Fairfax, who has been married since 2006, has called Tyson’s accusation part of a political smear campaign. Tyson said that she has no political motive and is a “proud Democrat.”

“My only motive in speaking now is to refute Mr. Fairfax’s falsehoods and aspersions of my character, and to provide what I believe is important information for Virginians to have as they make critical decisions that involve Mr. Fairfax,” Tyson said.

Virginia politics descended further into chaos Wednesday after the state’s Attorney General Mark Herring (D) admitted to wearing blackface during his college years. Herring told black lawmakers he put on “brown makeup” as part of a costume to look like rapper Kurtis Blow. “It sounds ridiculous even now writing it. But because of our ignorance and glib attitudes – and because we did not have an appreciation for the experiences and perspectives of others – we dressed up and put on wigs and brown makeup,” the embattled official said in a statement.

“That conduct clearly shows that, as a young man, I had a callous and inexcusable lack of awareness and insensitivity to the pain my behavior could inflict on others,” he continued. “It was really a minimization of both people of color, and a minimization of a horrific history I knew well even then.”

Shortly after the revelation became public, Herring stepped down as co-chair of the Democratic Attorneys General Association. “Virginia AG Herring offered to step aside as co-chair and the committee accepted,” a DACA spokesperson confirmed in a statement.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I have lost track of who is not resigning for whatever.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The big gun has showed up. Big Grin

Al Sharpton Calls For Mark Herring To Resign For Wearing Blackface

https://bigleaguepolitics.com/...r-wearing-blackface/

Share Tweet

A Buzzfeed reporter says that the Reverend Al Sharpton is calling on Virginia Democrat attorney general Mark Herring to resign after Herring admitted to wearing blackface in college. The New York Times backtracked after initially referring to blackface as “dark makeup.”

NEW: I'm on the phone with Sharpton right now and he has just called for Herring to resign. https://t.co/GadmEVEGSv

— Darren Sands (@darrensands) February 6, 2019

Virginia Democrat attorney general Mark Herring wore blackface at age 19 at a college party, according to Herring’s own admission.

Herring, who is third in line for governor after racist Ralph Northam and accused sexual assaulter Justin Fairfax, blames the blackface on his youthful emulation of early rapper Kurtis Blow — reminiscent of Northam’s claim that he darkened his face to look like Michael Jackson.

Herring’s statement is the latest blow for Virginia Democrats, who are still trying to figure out how to get Ralph Northam out of office for his racist yearbook photo — which might not be politically possible now, considering the scandals engulfing his next two potential gubernatorial replacements. Herring previously called for Northam to resign, stating, “It is no longer possible for Governor Northam to lead our Commonwealth and it is time for him to step down.”

Here is Herring’s statement on his own blackface past:

Please see my statement below. pic.twitter.com/FBDcgxHOq9

— Mark Herring (@MarkHerringVA) February 6, 2019

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sharpton? Is he still alive? He had kind a faded off for a while.

He shoulda stayed faded. I didn't miss him.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sharpton? Is he still alive? He had kind a faded off for a while.

He shoulda stayed faded. I didn't miss him.

He is diminished.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^

One of many great things about having Trump as POTUS; Sharpton (and Jesse) will NEVER gain entrance into the White House during his terms.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16693 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Before Northam, Democrats Didn’t Just Dress Up as Klansmen
Forever running from their past.

https://spectator.org/before-n...ress-up-as-klansmen/

When Virginia Governor Ralph Northam endorsed fourth-trimester abortions last week, nobody called for his resignation. His decision 35 years ago to masquerade, either in blackface or as a Klansman — which malefaction against taste Northam engaged in seems unclear — offends modern sensibilities to such a degree that his party, his predecessor, and nearly every presidential wannabe says he should step down. This says something more about us than him.

Democrats did not always exhibit a zero-tolerance policy toward dressing up in white sheets. They once, at least in some parts of the country, demanded it from candidates.

In 1924, the Democratic National Convention rejected, by a single vote, a resolution condemning the Ku Klux Klan. The nation’s most prominent Democrat, William Jennings Bryan, used his considerable rhetorical gifts to shamefully aid the nos. “My friends,” the three-time presidential nominee told the convention, “it requires more courage to fight the Republican Party than it does to fight the Ku Klux Klan.”

In 1937, before Supreme Court nominees received the Brett Kavanaugh treatment, President Franklin Roosevelt placed Hugo Black, a former Klansman, on the high court. A proto-Patrick Howley revealed Black’s resignation letter from the Ku Klux Klan, which he signed under an “I.T.S.U.B.” (In the Sacred, Unfailing Bond) complimentary close — a common, cryptic acronym favored by the secret society — after the Alabaman had secured his spot. Why did not Roosevelt use the Justice Department to investigate Black? The president reasoned that “a man’s private life is supposed to be his private life.” On the court, Black’s private views became public policy. Black authored the Korematsudecision. Klansmen have consequences.

As late as 1989, Democrats called a former KKK Exalted Cyclops their leader in the United States Senate. Robert Byrd acknowledged, and regretted, his youthful involvement in the murderous hate group. But his “fleeting association,” as Bill Clinton put it, with the KKK appeared not so much as a moment of insensitivity, as some might construe Northam dressing up in the mid-1980s, as a prolonged period of bigotry at its ugliest. “Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again,” he wrote Senator Theodore Bilbo, another Democrat associated with the KKK, “than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds.”

Less than a decade ago, a more forgiving Left came together to eulogize Byrd as a great man. “Robert Byrd Showed That People Can Change,” a headline of an article in the Progressive read. Byrd did change.

So did the Democratic Party, albeit not entirely. Though no Democrat with a known past association with as odious an organization as the KKK could win election to high office today, Democrats still appear awkwardly obsessed with race. This obsession manifests itself in aggressively promoting racial preferences and incentivizing immigration through giveaways to shift demography for the benefit of their electoral fortunes. It also manifests itself in rote, reflexive calls to resign for decades-old insensitivity most offensive to the party’s most loyal racial bloc.

Whether what Northam did in his twenties reflects on his character in his fifties seems a debatable proposition. His lack of candor in addressing the picture in his yearbook — alternatively apologizing for acting like a jerk and denying appearing in the offensive garb — appears damning. And why did he go by the nickname “Coon Man” and how many times did he don blackface atop the time he admits to dressing up as Michael Jackson? Straight answers do not seem forthcoming. People endorsing infanticide, it turns out, falter in other ethical areas.

Imposing present standards upon past conduct begins the slippery slope. What becomes of the party’s veneration of Woodrow Wilson, and the name of the segregationist, Birth of a Nation enthusiast appearing on bridges, buildings, and institutions? Do Democrats quit celebrating Jefferson-Jackson Day as their birthday? Where does this put Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger, who used the “n” word, regarded aboriginal Australians as “a step higher than the chimpanzee in brain development,” and addressed a KKK gathering, in the pantheon of progressive saints?

In this case, Northam sees hope. Progressive pardoners granted absolution for Sanger’s fondness for Klansmen and concentration camps for the paid indulgences of her procurement of abortions and eventual open advocacy of the procedure at a time when people regarded it as revolting as they now regard blackface. Northam, whose enthusiasm for the post-birth abortion goes beyond Sanger’s stated positions on pregnancy terminations, surely believes his political salvation lies in infanticide. In abortion, all sins are forgiven.

Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I have lost track of who is not resigning for whatever.

Right now nobody is resigning over anything and everybody is not resigning over nothing.

There are all kinds of groups trying to influence everybody into resigning over nothing but far fewer of them are supporting the idea of nobody resigning over anything. Which is strange because most of these groups want everybody to resign for something but these something's seem to be generally nothing.

In terms of the Governor, lieutenant governor, and attorney general none of them are apparently ready to resign over anything and there are no indications that any of them are going to resign over nothing.

So right now, Northam is Governor, Fairfax is Lieutenant Governor, and Herring, the Attorney General, has been given the nickname of "Red."

Did this help?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31437 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I gotta say, I do enjoy watching the liberals cannibalize each other. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Anytime Al Sharpton or Gloria Allred get involved, I immediately side with the accused. Hence, Herring must stay.

BTW, what are they gonna dig up on Cox now? No one is clean enough to withstand the colonoscopy he's about to get.

Posts: 3532 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Report This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Can't wait until this mess spreads to other states.

Come-on, there's got to be at least one other state with a bone-headed governor out there, and a past just waiting to be discovered.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10923 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Good point!

Watching the swamp get drained just gets more fun every day, it seems.

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Think about this week. It really can't get much more entertaining. First, our President hammers a home run on Tuesday night, the likes we have never seen. Then, the state of Virginia gives us the biggest cluster F**K imaginable.

Has this been a great week or what. Smile

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I am as confused as most w all this.

but here are some observations:

1. Northam (VA Gov) can't be forced out because of black face instances without Herring (VA AG) being forced out. They are "guilty" of the same thing.

2. It is absurd that people would be forced out of office because of actions like black face Halloween / party / dance contests from the 1980's involving high school or college age men.

3. DEMs put themselves in this mess because they pander to a voter base by viewing everything through a microscope with infinite magnification of anything racial. DEMs are terrified of losing the 90% black voter support. Without that, DEMs will be reduced to a minor party.

4. While absurd to force someone out because of a Halloween costume from the 1980s, it is much more absurd to not force someone out because they push for abortion without limit even to the point of denying life saving care to a child who was born alive.

Or to someone who supports abortion even in the final weeks of pregnancy without certifying overwhelming necessity to protect the mother.

Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
“They sow the wind and reap the whirlwind."...

This whole cluster is the Dem's own doing...blame no one but yourselves (wearing your "big floppy clown shoes") Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Now all we need is for Occassional Cortex and the Bernie Bros to decide that this is a chance to sweep all the good ol' boys (of whatever color) out of control of the Democrat Party nationwide. Then the mess will surely hit the fan!

See, for example, "There Is Going To Be A War Within The Party. We Are Going To Lean Into It." at http://www.politico.com/magazi...ocasio-cortez-224542

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Report This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
The Richmond Times Dispatch, Virginia's most influential liberal rag and big supporter of any democrat candidate, ran the following highly unusual editorial:

quote:

VIRGINIA’S LEADERSHIP
Editorial: Virginia's leaders are not serving its citizens

Lt. Gov.-elect Justin Fairfax, Attorney General-elect Mark Herring, and Gov.-elect Ralph Northam in December 2017.

Virginia’s three top elected officials are not putting the interests of their constituents ahead of their own political interests. Gov. Ralph Northam and Attorney General Mark Herring have both admitted to acting, as young men, in ways that were at best racially insensitive, at worst disturbingly racist. Both are now interested in holding conversations about race. Both have been apologetic and expressed regret and anguish. But neither had shared with their fellow Virginians a word about their unsavory personal behavior until it threatened their own political prospects. Profiles in courage these are not.

Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax faces a different challenge. Vanessa Tyson, a professor at Scripps College in California, has charged that Fairfax sexually assaulted her in a Boston hotel room in 2004. Her claims are detailed and deserve to be treated seriously and respectfully. Fairfax, who was unmarried at the time, acknowledges a sexual encounter, but says it was consensual. His account deserves a fair and impartial hearing, too.

The accumulated impact of these rapidly converging and evolving stories has been to leave most Virginians stunned and embarrassed. The state’s reputation as well-governed and business-friendly is at risk. Northam’s statements have been odd, contradictory, and confusing. Herring’s have been contrite, but laced with heavy doses of lawyerly cynicism and calculation. We withhold judgment on Fairfax’s behavior until more is known — if it ever is. Still, his handling of the circumstances so far does not inspire confidence.

So it seems fair to ask: If these men were truly public servants, would they not seriously consider leaving office and allowing others to take their place? They are not indispensable.

Unfortunately, they might be unmovable. It is possible that all three will be able to cling to office, even if the will of the people moves strongly against them. It is possible that there will be no legal remedies for removing them. We hope that common decency and respect for the people who elected them will play larger roles in these men’s thinking than they appear to have so far.

In the meantime, we urge our fellow Virginians to express their opinions. We will do our best to share them with the community. We are prepared to publish letters and let the commonwealth’s elected officials know what you think of them.

https://www.richmond.com/opini...35-086f4926642f.html

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm noticing a trend among democrats.

Photo of Joy Behar dressed as ‘beautiful African woman’ resurfaces
By Joseph A. Wulfsohn | Fox News

Photo of Joy Behar dressed as ‘beautiful African woman’ resurfaces
A long forgotten video clip from ABC's 'The View' resurfaced on Wednesday that showed co-host Joy Behar trying to explain a Halloween costume from when she was younger.

A long forgotten video clip from ABC's "The View" resurfaced on Wednesday that showed co-host Joy Behar trying to explain a Halloween costume from when she was younger.

The clip was shared by The Wrap media editor Jon Levine. Behar was seen discussing a New York Times op-ed about the resurgence of curly hair during the show in 2016. Behar showed her colleagues and the audience a picture of herself with curly hair when she was 29 years old.

Jon Levine

@LevineJonathan
Joy Behar admitted during a taping of The View in 2016 to dressing as a “beautiful African women” at a Halloween party when she was 29 which involved makeup “that was a little bit darker than my skin”

The show even ran an image of the old photo

The co-hosts appeared surprised by her drastically different look. Raven-Symoné, a former co-host, asked, " Joy, are you black?"

"I was so cute," Behar said.

"Joy... are you my auntie, Joy?" Raven-Symoné joked.

Behar explained that the picture was taken at a Halloween party where she dressed up as a "beautiful African woman" and stressed that it was her actual hair.

"Did you have tanning lotion on, Joy?" Raven-Symoné asked.

Behar responded by saying she wore makeup "that was a little bit darker than my skin."

The video resurfaced as Democrats in Virginia face intense scrutiny over their use of blackface decades ago. On Friday, Governor Ralph Northam offered an apology after a photograph emerged on his medical school yearbook page that featured a man in blackface and another in a KKK robe. He reversed course the next day, claiming he wasn’t in that photo but did admit to wearing blackface when dressing up as Michael Jackson for a costume contest.

Democratic Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring, who had previously called on Northam to resign, released a statement Wednesday that he also wore blackface in college.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...utiful-african-woman

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
In other news, Black Cat fireworks are being referred to as racist. Any democrat politician that used them as a teen are being urged to come forward for flagellation.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
GET 'ER!!!