SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 41

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I have to say, though, that I am disppointed that the guv's wife shut him down at the press conference. I would have given anything to see him moonwalk while beatboxing the bass line for Billie Jean.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
At this point, I'm content to have this turd try to keep his job. I'm enjoying the Kabuki theatre of watching the left eating its own. HRC entering the fray just opens the door to having her scrutinized more than she has been of late. That old whore and her previous debacles NEED to be back in the limelight.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Interesting to see how the Democrats have over reached since the November election and the reaction to a few of their proposals by the general public. Even if you're not strongly against Roe vs Wade, hearing this guy talk about delivering a baby and after the fact snuffing it's life out, is an eye opener.
They and their media friends are following their own delusional reasoning thinking the public was ready for their most radical ideas and took the gain of a few congressional seats, many less than normally happen in mid-terms, as a confirmation that the country was ready to go full left.
The longer this guy stays in the news, the better for Republicans.
He is the Judge Roy Moore of the democrat party but with a higher profile. He is exposing the hypocrisy of many leftists.

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
At this point, I'm content to have this turd try to keep his job. I'm enjoying the Kabuki theatre of watching the left eating its own. HRC entering the fray just opens the door to having her scrutinized more than she has been of late. That old whore and her previous debacles NEED to be back in the limelight.

I don't understand the thinking that says let him keep the job. In this fast-paced 24-hour news world, everything would blow over in a month or two, and it would be back to (evil) business as usual. I'm not in favor of letting rats stay in their holes, content to know that they are there and I'm watching them. I want to eradicate them and know they aren't going to be creeping into my house under the dark of night.

No, I want to shine the light of day on them and run them out. If they run into rat traps while doing so, even better.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Dems Made Their ‘Choice’

https://spectator.org/the-dems-made-their-choice/

The Democrats have been on the path to infanticide for years, a path paved by the logic of their own position, which is that the child possesses no right to life independent of the will of the mother. Is there really any moral difference between her choosing partial-birth abortion and choosing infanticide to complete it?

Virginia Governor Ralph Northam simply blurted out the position Planned Parenthood has long counseled Democrats to take. Indeed, his spinning in the aftermath of the furor over his remarks simply confirms that the Democrats believe that a right to partial-birth abortion should extend to the consequences of a failed one, which would inevitably require an act of infanticide.

Northam has been reduced to saying in effect that there is good and bad infanticide and that he wants it confined to a limited number of cases. In other words, he wants infanticide safe, legal, and rare. “No woman seeks a third trimester abortion except in the case of tragic or difficult circumstances, such as a nonviable pregnancy or in the event of severe fetal abnormalities, and the governor’s comments were limited to the actions physicians would take in the event that a woman in those circumstances went into labor,” said his spokeswoman.

Of course, Democrats put the broadest possible definition on “health” in the hopes that the right to partial-birth abortion is no more restricted than a right to first-term ones. They have always favored an unlimited right to abortion, seeing it as a moral good and a form of eugenics. Out of that philosophy of rights was bound to come an acceptance of infanticide as one of the consequences implicit in the completion of a partial-birth abortion.

Andrew Cuomo’s zeal for abortion, seen in his lighting up of the World Trade Center to celebrate the passage of the most extreme abortion law in the country, represents the true feelings of the party. It is the party of Planned Parenthood to its core, full of radical feminists who want abortion safe, legal, and often. For years, abortion advocates have been urging Democrats to portray abortion not as a cause for tears but as a positive source of liberation.

Abortion advocate Martha Stahl once said to the press that “we see women express relief more than anything else that they have the freedom to choose.” Planned Parenthood has urged women to take pride in their abortions. For a while, it was even selling “I Had An Abortion” T-shirts.

Planned Parenthood’s long-term strategy has been to normalize abortion at any stage and make it so trivial that no one would think to question it. Alexander Sanger, the grandson of Planned Parenthood founder Margaret Sanger, scolded Democrats for even flirting with the “safe, legal, and rare” mantra. He argued for the unapologetic celebration of abortion and even cast the unborn child as an interloper who deserves to die. “The unborn child is not just an innocent life,” he wrote, but a “liability, a threat, and a danger to the mother and to the other members of the family.”

Abortion advocates set up websites like Imnotsorry.net to further Sanger’s vision so that women could post testimonials expressing their “relief” and “joy” after an abortion. The founders of that website explained that it “was created for the purpose of showing women that exercising their legal right to terminate their pregnancy is not the blood-splattered guilt trip so many make it out to be.”

Out of that movement came a president, Barack Obama, who had supported partial-birth abortion as an Illinois legislator, and then later a Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton, who also straightforwardly defended partial-birth abortion as a tool of eugenics against the disabled. Northam is hardly staking out a new position. The party had reconciled itself to partial-birth abortion and its implications a long time ago.

Its latest blast of extremism is simply due to its fear of the consequences of a growing Trump judiciary. The Democrats are frantically working across the country to cement the culture of abortion in place, dreading the loss of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, who is famous for justifying abortion on the grounds that it eliminates certain “populations that we don’t want to have too many of.” From such comments to Northam’s is a short distance. If he holds any distinction among the Democrats, it is that he gave voice to the final “choice” inherent in a culture that sanctions partial-birth abortion.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
^^^^
The same incrementalism approach they are trying to use towards gun control.
Once the Camel gets his nose under the tent....
More than ironic that old Ralph also wanted to ramp up Virginia's attempts at "common sense gun safety".

Posts: 9508 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:

I don't understand the thinking that says let him keep the job. In this fast-paced 24-hour news world, everything would blow over in a month or two, and it would be back to (evil) business as usual. I'm not in favor of letting rats stay in their holes, content to know that they are there and I'm watching them. I want to eradicate them and know they aren't going to be creeping into my house under the dark of night.

No, I want to shine the light of day on them and run them out. If they run into rat traps while doing so, even better.

Not being a Virginian, I have no dog in this race, but I'd rather have an ineffectual moron in place now and have a chance of getting a Republican in four years than have the current Lt Governor take over and wreak havoc with a sympathetic legislature for the next four years and possibly be elected for another four afterwards.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd rather have an ineffectual moron in place now and have a chance of getting a Republican in four years than have the current Lt Governor take over and wreak havoc with a sympathetic legislature for the next four years and possibly be elected for another four afterwards.

That's right. The longer this clown show drags out... the better.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Are These Ralph Northam's Blackface Pants?

An undated yearbook photo appears to show Virginia Governor Ralph "Coonman" Northam sporting the same pair of pants as a man in blackface pictured in his 1984 medical school yearbook.

The photo in question features a group of boys standing in front of a car below the title "Hi-Y" (a YMCA boys-only high-school program). The caption below indicates that Ralph Northam was the group's president, while a boy standing on the right side is wearing what appears to be an identical pair of pants to the figure in blackface in Northam's controversial 1984 yearbook page.

"While balancing classes and work, Ralph also distinguished himself as captain of the both the basketball and baseball teams, and President of Student Government, the Beta Club and the Hi-Y Club, reads Northam's bio at Our Campaigns.

Northam came under fire after Big League Politics published a page from Northam's 1984 yearbook of him in blackface. The photo had been floating around for months prior to publication, as indicated by Fox's Dan Bongino who said someone sent it to him in October.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news...hams-blackface-pants

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24115 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

Not being a Virginian, I have no dog in this race, but I'd rather have an ineffectual moron in place now and have a chance of getting a Republican in four years than have the current Lt Governor take over and wreak havoc with a sympathetic legislature for the next four years and possibly be elected for another four afterwards.

Agreed. As much as this POS staying is disgusting to us, it is potentially the lesser of two evils. Every move he makes will be heavily scrutinized and possibly inhibited by his history. Better the rat you know than the rat with no dirt on it that now has extra time on the clock to screw Virginians over. We have to think long ball.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15576 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats used to argue based on some plausible "gray area" surrounding "viability", "sentience" "Full personhood", "ability to feel pain", etc.

That is all gone.
There is no longer any gray area.
We are no AT THE BOTTOM of "the slippery slope".
There is nowhere else to slide.
They are clearly advocating infanticide.
They are now supporting and trying to legislate Satanic Evil.

"How "moralistic" of me to "judge them" and invoke Biblical imagery! I must just be a religious zealot, ...a fundamentalist...right ? )

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, he's toast for sure now. That beacon of integrity and truth Hillary Clinton has called for his resignation.

This is significant because she's...she's...well, she's just HILLARY RODHAM GODDAMN CLINTON, THE ACTUAL PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES!! WE ARE THE PRESIDENT!!

HOLD THE PRESSES!!!!

That beacon of brilliant election strategy, the dunce who put derp into the Democratic Party, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is now calling for Ralphie "Baby Killa in da Hood" Northam to resign.

When Hilly and Silly want you gone you need to apply for political asylum in the Vatican or Venezuela.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:

Agreed. As much as this POS staying is disgusting to us, it is potentially the lesser of two evils. Every move he makes will be heavily scrutinized and possibly inhibited by his history. Better the rat you know than the rat with no dirt on it that now has extra time on the clock to screw Virginians over. We have to think long ball.

There are several issues with running Northam off now. If we can keep him, he'll be a lame duck so to speak. He'll be hemmed up from both sides of the political spectrum, nobody will want to work with him. It may also turn out to benefit us as Republican's because if he sees how willing the Democrats were to throw his ass under the bus, he may hold a grudge and actively work against them, just to spite them.....or at least I can hope. The Lt. Governor will just have more time in power if Northam resigns. Regardless of how well or how shitty he is, he'll still win when runs for the governorship, just because of the political leanings of NOVA, RVA, and the Tidewater. I'd rather keep him on doing not much of anything than allow the left to groom Justin Fairfax for any higher political office.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Virginia Governor Ralph Northam’s Tour de Force of Implausibility and Idiocy

https://www.nationalreview.com...sibility-and-idiocy/

A sentence I never thought I would write: “The governor insisted he had neither worn Klan robes or blackface but had ‘darkened’ his face with shoe polish to resemble Michael Jackson in a San Antonio dancing contest, which he added that he had won with his moonwalking skills.” This sequence of events raises many questions, including whether we’re living in a Tom Wolfe novel or a Christopher Buckley novel.

Yesterday’s jaw-dropping, bizarre, self-destructive press conference by Virginia governor Ralph Northam also raises the question of whether a unified force of just about every other elected official in the state can force his resignation.

To sum up, Northam insisted he had never seen the photo before Friday, that he was neither figure in the photo, that his initial apology on Friday night about “the decision I made to appear as I did in this photo and for the hurt that decision caused then and now” was inaccurate, that he only realized he was not in the photo after he “reflected with ‘his family and classmates from the time,” that refusing to resign was the honorable choice because stepping down would “duck my responsibility to reconcile,” that he had no idea how he got the nickname “Coon-man,” that he “dressed up in a — what’s his name, the singer — Michael Jackson,” and that at the dance contest in San Antonio, Northam “had the shoes, I had a glove, and I used just a little bit of shoe polish to put on my cheeks. And the reason I used a very little bit is because, I don’t know if anybody has ever tried that, but you cannot get shoe polish off. But it was a dance contest. I had always liked Michael Jackson. I actually won the contest because I had learned how to do the moonwalk,” and that he only realized that darkening his face with shoe polish could be considered offensive during a conversation with a campaign aide during the 2017 campaign.

It was a tour-de-force of evasive answers, implausible explanations, and cloddish tone-deaf rationalizations. After that performance, not only would most Virginians no longer trust Northam with the governorship, they presumably wouldn’t trust him with a set of matches.

If the governor continues to refuse to resign, the state legislature could attempt to impeach him, but the state constitution allows impeachment for crimes “against the Commonwealth by malfeasance in office, corruption, neglect of duty, or other high crimes or misdemeanor.’” Lawyers and scholars may dispute whether offensive actions in 1984 and implausible explanations rise to that level.

There’s another avenue for removal, if the attorney general, the state senate president and the speaker of the House of Delegates or a majority of the general assembly could declare the governor is “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.” If Northam refused to leave, a vote of three quarters in both the state assembly and state senate could remove him. Considering the near-universal condemnation of Northam from Virginia lawmakers, this scenario is plausible.

No Virginia governor has ever been impeached or removed from office for being unable to perform his duties. Virginia Democrats would probably like to see the albatross of Northam disposed with as quickly as possible. In November, all 40 State Senate seats and all 100 House of Delegate seats are up for election.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Are These Ralph Northam's Blackface Pants?

An undated yearbook photo appears to show Virginia Governor Ralph "Coonman" Northam sporting the same pair of pants as a man in blackface pictured in his 1984 medical school yearbook.

Not only the pants, but the hair style looks the same! Can't wait to here "These aren't my pants". Just how deep a hole can this man dig?

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
There are several issues with running Northam off now. If we can keep him, he'll be a lame duck so to speak. He'll be hemmed up from both sides of the political spectrum, nobody will want to work with him. It may also turn out to benefit us as Republican's because if he sees how willing the Democrats were to throw his ass under the bus, he may hold a grudge and actively work against them, just to spite them.....or at least I can hope. The Lt. Governor will just have more time in power if Northam resigns. Regardless of how well or how shitty he is, he'll still win when runs for the governorship, just because of the political leanings of NOVA, RVA, and the Tidewater. I'd rather keep him on doing not much of anything than allow the left to groom Justin Fairfax for any higher political office.

Exactly. It amazes me how shortsighted the Republicans are on this issue.

Republicans have the chance here to take the high road and stick it to the Democrats. Do people not see how this is like the Brett Kavanaugh hearings? The Democrats use something from 30 years ago to accuse someone of not being fit for office today. I like to think that I am much for qualified to do things now than I was 30 years ago. I like to think people can change, evolve and learn.

The Democrats will pull the same tactic of dredging something up on Trump's next Supreme Court nomination. Counter it now by supporting Northam and you will blunt the Democrat's ability to use it later.

Besides, Northam is a graduate of Virginia MILITARY Institute and an U.S. Army veteran. This guy is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a bleeding heart liberal or social justice warrior.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Northam came under fire after Big League Politics published a page from Northam's 1984 yearbook of him in blackface. The photo had been floating around for months prior to publication, as indicated by Fox's Dan Bongino who said someone sent it to him in October.

The thing that is so frustrating is that Northam ran a racially charged campaign against Gillespie.

And it was ugly. Remember this classic:

So the question is how did Gillespie’s campaign miss the Ralph Northam either in blackface or a KKK costume, yesterday he couldn’t recall which one he was, which could have gone a long way towards neutralizing Northam’s racebaiting?

https://www.redstate.com/strei...ackfacekkk-pictures/

-rduckwor

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Those are different pants.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
No Virginia governor has ever been impeached or removed from office for being unable to perform his duties. Virginia Democrats would probably like to see the albatross of Northam disposed with as quickly as possible. In November, all 40 State Senate seats and all 100 House of Delegate seats are up for election.

And this is why Democrats so badly want him gone and Republicans really need him to stay. Having him remain in office will put a real damper on The Virginia Democratic party's ability to raise money from out of state.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:

Exactly. It amazes me how shortsighted the Republicans are on this issue.

Republicans have the chance here to take the high road and stick it to the Democrats. Do people not see how this is like the Brett Kavanaugh hearings? The Democrats use something from 30 years ago to accuse someone of not being fit for office today. I like to think that I am much for qualified to do things now than I was 30 years ago. I like to think people can change, evolve and learn.

The Democrats will pull the same tactic of dredging something up on Trump's next Supreme Court nomination. Counter it now by supporting Northam and you will blunt the Democrat's ability to use it later.

Besides, Northam is a graduate of Virginia MILITARY Institute and an U.S. Army veteran. This guy is not, by any stretch of the imagination, a bleeding heart liberal or social justice warrior.

Take the high road? Are you kidding? Look at what you're pinpointing on. You fell into the exact trap the dems were hoping for. "People can change, evolve and learn"? Do you really think most people here give two shits that he wore blackface 30 years ago? The man was advocating for infanticide. That is what is despicable and why he should be beaten from the governor's mansion with baseball bats. You've lost perspective.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post