SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 41

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Today, Virginia Gov Ralph Northam endorsed a bill that would allow the killing of BORN children Login/Join 
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12679 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by Ricardokid11:
another in a long line of carpetbaggers.

I thought so, too. However... he was born here in Virginia.

Yeah, I know a dude that was born in Kenya........

Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justjoe:
Kimber, sorry for the confusion. I was agreeing with you completely, and thought the way you expressed was... perfect:

"Seems to be much easier washing infant blood off your hands than getting black shoe polish off of your face."
Yeah, it just hit me that it was in the way you copied and pasted that included the “hide post”. Big Grin

Baffled me at first, looking back and thinking, I agree with justjoe on everything he has posted.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm just waiting for him to do a Flip Wilson defense - "The devil made me do it!"

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms
is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 9 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: February 05, 2017Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the forum, Greenbeard!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I swear, this is the funniest damn thing I've seen in awhile.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
No support for Northam Big Grin His comrades have abandoned him.

Lt. Gov. Justin Fairfax releases statement after Northam's press conference

https://www.richmond.com/news/...b1-5225b146e933.html

Like so many Virginians, I am shocked and saddened by the images in the Governor's yearbook that came to light yesterday.

They are an example of a painful scourge that continues to haunt us today and holds us back from the progress we need to make.

As we commemorate 400 years since the first enslaved Africans were brought to Virginia, it is painful to experience such a searing reminder of the modern legacy of our nation's original sin. And, as someone whose great-great-great grandfather was enslaved in Virginia, this episode strikes particularly close to home.

The Governor needed to apologize, and I am glad that he did so. He also reached out to me personally to express his sincere regrets and to apologize.

I have worked closely with Ralph Northam over many years. He has been a friend to me and has treated my family and me with hospitality and respect.

While his career has been marked by service to children, soldiers, and constituents, I cannot condone the actions from his past that, at the very least, suggest a comfort with Virginia's darker history of white supremacy, racial stereotyping, and intimidation.

At this critical and defining moment in the history of Virginia and this nation, we need leaders with the ability to unite and help us rise to the better angels of our nature.

I remain committed to serving and helping to heal the Commonwealth moving forward. Now more than ever, we must make decisions in the best interests of the people of the Commonwealth of Virginia.

AG Herring releases statement saying Northam should step down; will support Fairfax

https://www.richmond.com/news/...5f-8020971bd009.html

Virginia Attorney General Mark R. Herring on Saturday released the following statement:

“It is no longer possible for Governor Northam to lead our Commonwealth and it is time for him to step down. I have spoken with Lieutenant Governor Fairfax and assured him that, should he ascend to the governorship, he will have my complete support and commitment to ensuring his success and the success of our Commonwealth.”

– Attorney General Mark R. Herring

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
^^^
He sure used a lot of words to make his position unclear. So is he for him staying or wants him to resign?
Playing both sides of the fence as I read this statement.

Posts: 9505 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
^^^
He sure used a lot of words to make his position unclear. So is he for him staying or wants him to resign?
Playing both sides of the fence as I read this statement.

Politician.

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Yes, welcome!

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Yes, welcome!

Dude's been a member now for two years. I guess living in Virginia though, he was just waiting for the perfect thread to make his first post. Haha.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Welcome, greenbeard!

Regarding Northam and the KKK/blackface photo.
Apparently this was in a med school yearbook, which probably means it was taken at the equivalent of our second year class show, after the first half of med school.
The purpose of the skits in this show is to be offensive, off-color (if you will) and outrageously funny.
Our class did pretty well in that regard; but boy if I were in public office I’d hate for some photos from that show to appear online!

Mind you that was long ago when offensive humor was funny—in the right context.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The purpose of the skits in this show is to be offensive, off-color (if you will) and outrageously funny.
Our class did pretty well in that regard; but boy if I were in public office I’d hate for some photos from that show to appear online!

Taken in context, it's a 35 year ago skit. It's humorous. Even acceptable for the times.

The question is "Who released it? ... and why now?"

Who released the Ralph Northam KKK/blackface photo? Why now?

By Thomas Lifson

The incendiary yearbook photo of Ralph Northam in (pick one) blackface or KKK robes should have come out during his campaign for Governor of Virginia, but didn’t. Unless the campaign manager Chris Leavitt was actively sabotaging the campaign (which I doubt), we can assume that the photo didn’t come from it.

So, why did the photo appear now and who released it to Big League Politics, a right-leaning website?

The first step is to ask the famous Latin question, “Cui bono?” “Who benefits?”

It is pretty clear to me that the abortion industry and its political handmaidens were desperate to change the subject from a physician advocating terminating a life after birth as part of the push by states to legalize just about anything that kills a baby anytime before it is sent home from the hospital. This is because there is genuine fear that the new majority on the Supreme Court will modify or eliminate Roe v. Wade’s blanket federal approval, and send the issue to the states.

Vermont already is considering an even more radical permissive abortion bill than New York’s. Attention to Northam’s position can only hamper the progress of this effort. So, it is pretty clear that the self-interest of abortion advocates would make them want to change the subject. And what better way to do that than throw out this picture?

Carol Brown writes:

Well this is rich.

Planned Parenthood is demanding that VA Governor Ralph Northam resign after it was discovered that he’d posed in KKK garb back when he was in medical school. Breitbart reports on a statement from PP:

“There is no place for Gov. Ralph Northam’s racist actions or language,” Dr. Leana Wen said in a statement emailed to reporters. “He must step down as Governor.”

Right. OK.

We can’t have racists advocating for the murder of babies about to be born.

The left has such a crazy set of “morals” one cannot make head or tail of them. Infanticide and the dismemberment of babies is a woman’s right, but border walls are immoral and medieval.

Sure. Whatever you say freakish ghouls.

As she and M. Catharine Evans realize, it is grotesque to be more outraged over an insensitive racist photo than actual advocacy of infanticide. But the level of outrage over the photo has successfully drowned out discussion of infanticide, and Vermont and other state legislators can safely ignore Northam’s declaration of principles because he is becoming a non-person, someone to be dismissed as irrelevant. This is why he must be driven from office, in the interest of his own party.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.co...w.html#ixzz5eQMjojXS

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24107 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I don’t understand why Republicans are calling for him to resign. If anything this would be the time to rush to his defense and explain how people can evolve in thier views and not be so “intolerant” of others previous mistakes.

From what I’ve been able to deduce Northam was very popular in The Democratic Party to begin with. He is an old, white male. According to Wikipedia he even admitted to voting for George Bush. He attended Virginia Military Institute.

If he can survive this, I can see him having a real axe t grind with the Democratic Party to the point of doing everything he can to sabotage Democratic candidates.

The Republicans have the opportunity to take the morale high ground and n this and work it to thier advantage. They can make a deal with Northam that if they support him through this he will sign any piece of legislation hey can get to his desk.

Northam is not, by any stretch of the imagination the SJW many on here think he is. The reason he is Governor right now is that the Democratic Party endorsed him to run as Lieutenant Governor to balance out the carpetbagger Terry McAuliffe.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I don't know why dems are upset, they founded the KKK. This is the history of their political party - Slavery, lynchings, the KKK, segregation, Jim Crow laws - a bunch of racists. And modern democrats are just too stupid to know the history of their party.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
And modern democrats are just too stupid to know the history of their party.

They believe everybody switched sides.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15716 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
chellim1
quote:
It is pretty clear to me that the abortion industry and its political handmaidens were desperate to change the subject from a physician advocating terminating a life after birth as part of the push by states to legalize just about anything that kills a baby anytime before it is sent home from the hospital. This is because there is genuine fear that the new majority on the Supreme Court will modify or eliminate Roe v. Wade’s blanket federal approval, and send the issue to the states.

This was my thought yesterday,that Northam was set up by the Democrats to change the abortion spotlight. Worked like a charm and the only sacrifice is an old white man that will be replaced by a young black man.

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:

"I cannot condone the actions from his past that, at the very least, suggest a comfort with Virginia's darker history"...

I see what you did there. Wink Big Grin

quote:
...of white supremacy, racial stereotyping, and intimidation.

OK. How, exactly, does putting on a Halloween costume suggest a comfort with these things? It's a fucking costume FFS! It doesn't make him any more a racist than anyone else!

God I'm sick of this shit.

How about this: How about if I dressed up in a costume of MLK, to honor him. Would that make me a racist? Or is it just dressing up as a generic black man that makes one a racist?

All of this BS has just gotten pathetic and anyone who can't see through it for what it is needs to have their head examined.

I can't believe that I'm actually defending this baby-killing motherfucker, but on this issue I'll defend him or anyone else.

Hell, I dressed up as a black man for a frat party around 1984 as well, complete with a 14 inch dildo hanging down my pant leg (It was a big hit with the ladies Big Grin) . I guess that makes me a racist. I also dressed up in drag for another frat party. I guess that makes me a trannyphobe or whatever the hell you call it nowadays.

Oh, you're offended? Guess what? I don't give a damn! Grow the fuck up and learn to laugh at yourself. Mad

These people have just gone off the deep end and I'm not sure how to fix it other than by simply mocking them. Laugh at them, tell them to grow up, and walk away. How else does one fix it? I'm open to suggestions.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Northampton doesn't know the difference between that and shit other than one is harder to get off once you've spread it on your face.

He needs to go on a fact finding mission about slavery.

Somewhere that's not too controversial.

Like... Saudi Arabia.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31436 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Report This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
What I want to know is exactly how inept the Republican party of VA is? When Northam was running for governor, where was the opposition research? You telling me no one researched the man? Nobody looked at his yearbooks? Republican Bill Bolling could have been governor had this been unearthed and released at the right time. Northam or current Lt. Gov. Farifax, doesn't matter. Virginia is stuck with a POS leftist as Governor when we didn't have to be.

ETA: I misspoke. Northam's opponent was Ed Gillespie, not Bill Bolling.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jigray3,

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10354 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I want to know is exactly how inept the Republican party of VA is? When Northam was running for governor, where was the opposition research?

Yep. HUGE oppo research fail.

-rduckwor