SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    do you want total strangers talking to you about your gun?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

do you want total strangers talking to you about your gun? Login/Join 
posted
When a guy in Iowa started carrying open he got stopped so often by total strangers that he went and got a c.w.p. , to avoid all the questions.

He was good to go , until two weeks ago , anyway .

then twice in two weeks , two c.w.p. holders informed him that he was"printing " Big Grin

Iowa has only recently gone to hand gun types, actually carrying , and they are still getting used to all the trials and tribulations.

I got kind of a kick out of his short story

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54626 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
It says concealed, doesn't say anything about obvious. Wink

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27947 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Um, yeah, thanks, but's that actually my blood filtration device which keeps me alive from the Ebola virus that I have."

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently he sucks at carrying concealed and needs to up his game

Posts: 270 | Location: NorCal | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Sounds like he needs a real holster and belt.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
as someone who's OC'd for years in a non rural area, my experience is that most people don't even notice it.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I cannot imagine me telling another person that I do not know that his gun was printing.
Not my business.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
as someone who's OC'd for years in a non rural area, my experience is that most people don't even notice it.

Truth!!

Many people in the city are too engrossed in their electronic device or whatever they're hearing through their earbuds to pay even the slightest attention to the large objects that make up their surroundings, they sure as hell aren't going to notice if I'm printing.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Every now and then, somebody will want to strike up a conversation about my duty gun. No biggie. I usually don't mind, as long as it's an appropriate time.

I've had many more folks just stare at it. That's more disconcerting than someone talking to me about it.

Doesn't happen off duty, since I don't open carry off duty, unless I'm at the farm working cows or out hunting. I rarely open carry when I'm on duty but out of uniform, like when in plain clothes at a training class or something.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
People who don’t know me well have no idea I’m carrying.

Those who do wonder how many I have on me. In the winter carrying 3 is easy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Although I'm not susceptible to it, I doubt that having a stranger ask me about my gun would cause me great anguish.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
1999 when we went to the .357 sig in the 229 a few of the local papers carried the story. Despite one of the HQ staff giving them a thorough description of the round and it's ".357 magnum like " ballistics, there were always questions from the public.

I ended up making a few .357 sig dummy rds and gave them to a few of the guys. And I carried one in my pocket. Seemed like every day I was using that round as "show & tell" .

Then again , Montana and the West , is home to many gun nuts and shooters.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post