SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Muted excitement (1911 related)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Muted excitement (1911 related) Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted
A few days ago I succumbed to an ad from the Gallery of Guns and bought a new Colt Defender 1911 in .45ACP. I spoke to the dealer who will make the transfer for me and the gun has arrived at his shop. I will be picking it up tomorrow!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I find it much easier to use Gallery of Guns for my purchases. Just picked up a new Gen5 G19 as my latest. It's about as hassle free as one could want.

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Many moons ago when showing my new 01091 Colt 1911 stainless gov't model to a local shooter he showed me his Defender. Right from his holster (which I never noticed) it looked new. He said he cleaned it weekly but only shot it a few times a year.

I started taking better care of my firearms after that.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post