SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I think I'm addicted to Pepto Bismol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I'm addicted to Pepto Bismol Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
It can cause constipation and turn your chit black. It's gold in 3rd world countries. I take it if I'm about to eat at a place with questionable food quality. It lines the bowels and can prevent harmful bacteria from getting into your system.

I would eat the tablets if I ever had anything that wasn't deep fried or boiled in broth in Vietnam.

I won't take it for more than 2 days. Not good!

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5397 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I would think that taking any medication twice daily not because you need it but because you like the taste is a cause for concern.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Find some pink Canadian mints, all the old people used to have them out in a dish when I was a kid.

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
Bletch! Quick as a wink it's in the sink.

Posts: 4818 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I keep it around for those times I need it. “Addicted?” You shouldn’t be

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In 2002 had two nurse's and two doctor's tell me that 80% of people should not be taking Pepto more than twice a year.

they said there are much better ways to cure stuff
and that more often than not it hides the reason for the illness , thus making the problem worse

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54625 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It contains 261 mg salicylates (ie aspirin) per dose so taking 2x per day (ie 522 mg total per day if taking measured doses as opposed to swigs):
  • is above most recommendations for blood thinner (2 camps - 81 mg or 325 mg total per day) that I’ve read
  • is pretty hard on your digestive tract which is why there are warnings about ulcers, bleeding problems, and kidney problems
  • it’s metabolized by the liver so it’s additive to stresses from other drugs metabolized by liver (eg statins for cholesterol). I had a traumatic liver event in July from a prescription and my gastroenterologist has been stressing “less is more” (ie don’t take any prescription, OTC, or supplement you don’t have to).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23244 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    I couldn't help but think of this- Joe Don Baker in Cape Fear. This is the only clip I could find.

Angus, all I can say is that I wouldn't do it, and if you are, you should stop.

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post