SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I think I'm addicted to Pepto Bismol
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I'm addicted to Pepto Bismol Login/Join 
Bald Headed Squirrel Hunter
Picture of Angus the Kid
posted
Honestly. I love the liquid stuff. I find myself taking a swig every night and every morning. I love everything about it from the taste to the consistency.

Can you take too much of this stuff? Any harm in indulging in this pink manna from heaven?

"Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

Posts: 6141 | Location: In the tent, in Houston, in Texas | Registered: October 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Have your bowel movements turned tarry black?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Is it 4-1-20?

https://pepto-bismol.com/en-us/faq

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Boy I cant wait for the answer... Maybe he could post a pic. I think we know that Pepto does change the color to grey. I did not know of your interest in Scatology.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
quote:

Warnings
Pepto-Bismol is typically safe for most people, but you should avoid it if you have certain health conditions. Pepto-Bismol may make them worse. You should not take Pepto-Bismol if you:
  • are allergic to salicylates (including aspirin or NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, naproxen, and celecoxib)
  • have an active, bleeding ulcer
  • are passing bloody stools or black stools that are not caused by Pepto-Bismol
  • are a teenager who has or is recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms

Bismuth subsalicylate may also cause problems for people with other medical conditions. Before taking Pepto-Bismol, tell your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions. They can tell you if it’s safe to use Pepto-Bismol. These conditions include:
  • stomach ulcers
  • bleeding problems such as hemophilia and von Willebrand disease
  • kidney problems
  • gout
  • diabetes

Stop taking Pepto-Bismol and call your doctor right away if you have vomiting and extreme diarrhea along with behavior changes such as loss of energy, aggressive behavior, or confusion. These symptoms could be early signs of Reye's syndrome. This is a rare but serious illness that can affect your brain and liver.

You should not use Pepto-Bismol to self-treat diarrhea if you have a fever or stools that contain blood or mucus. If you have these symptoms, call your doctor right away. They could be signs of a serious health condition, such as an infection.

In case of overdose
Symptoms of an overdose of Pepto-Bismol can include:
  • ringing in your ears
  • loss of hearing
  • extreme drowsiness
  • nervousness
  • fast breathing
  • confusion
  • seizures

If you think you’ve taken too much of this drug, call your doctor or local poison control center. If your symptoms are severe, call 9-1-1 or go to the nearest emergency room right away.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Boy I cant wait for the answer... Maybe he could post a pic. I think we know that Pepto does change the color to grey. I did not know of your interest in Scatology.

You actually are to blame for my interest...I keep reading your shitty posts for some reason.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
You actually are to blame for my interest...I keep reading your shitty posts for some reason.

HAhaha. I bet you liked the one about Andy Dick. Typical Jersey comeback.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

HAhaha. I bet you liked the one about Andy Dick. Typical Jersey comeback.

Are you drunk or something?

posted Hide Post
Just messing with you. Dont take offense.

It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just messing with you. Dont take offense.

Well, in that case. I love you too. Wink

PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Just spoke with friend whose father took pepto bismol daily on family doctors recommendations. All fine and well till he came down with Parkinson’s like symptoms. Dementia? MS? Brain tumor? Nope. Nope. Nope. Nope. Couldn’t figure out what it was. His dad was deteriorating quickly. Thought he would die before they figured it out. Finally, Mayo Clinic diagnosed it as bismuth poisoning of all things.

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I find myself taking a swig every night and every morning.

The bismuth poisoning mentioned sounds very probable if you keep it up.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
All my instincts tell me drinking that crap daily is probably not a great idea. Seriously, that's a weird habit, I gotta say.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Moderation in everything, but especially in Pepto-Bismol. Its working, however, is almost magical. Gas? Cramps? Diarrhea? Gone!
And as that unlamented radio guy Garrison Kiellor said (when he was still funny): his mom gave it to him when he was sick to his stomach, because it made what came up pink and smelled nice.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Just get some wintergreen lifesavers. Tastes the same as pepto. Also tastes the same as grizzly wintergreen.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geezus! Ick!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
You sound like a candidate for the television show, "My Strange Addiction."

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven’t taken it in decades, but remember it being disgusting

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just say no to Pepto!

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Angus the Kid:
Honestly. I love the liquid stuff. I find myself taking a swig every night and every morning. I love everything about it from the taste to the consistency.

Can you take too much of this stuff? Any harm in indulging in this pink manna from heaven?

Eek

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post