SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just had words with a kid parked next to my house getting baked.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just had words with a kid parked next to my house getting baked. Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Get a camera system, put it up and put a sign on that side of the house letting anyone know they are being recorded.

Since its happening at night put up a bright spot light that stays on all night, the guy has found a quiet place to get high and once it becomes to b bight hot for him will go elsewhere

We had one of these on the back of the house, lit up the back yard, side yard, neighbors bedroom LOL, Great for basketball games. Link to Light

This message has been edited. Last edited by: HRK,

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Yeah, lock up your Doritos, you know how those guys are...

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If I'm reading the original post correctly, this is evening / night. I assume that it's after dark.

Do you have a nice bright flashlight? Maybe, sit on your front porch and shine the light on him.

He probably would prefer to remain anonymous, so just call attention to him. He'll likely find someplace else to lurk.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the replies. I'm going to try respond to posts as I read and forego trying to quote on the phone, it's a hassle.

10X: Had that thought but opted against it at the time, thinking the kid would see it as an escalation and get defensive/combative. Happened anyway. Should have gone out there with Dad authority instead of trying to be cool and giving the little shit a chance to bail. Lesson learnt. I didn't take the aggressive initiative and the kid caught that. I now feel shamed that I let him go, from multiple fronts.

Bendable and Yellowjacket: I've decided I'm going to make a phone call and get a paper trail started on this kid. After a night to sleep on it, responses here and talking to coworkers, this is a kid that either needs a wake up call, or a rap sheet started. His attitude should have been everything but what it was, and that bothers me. Had I been him, busted that solidly, I would've been extremely happy and grateful to leave the premises with the calm, civil warning I gave him. He's a shitstain and gave me attytude when I was more than polite and reasonable. I have no qualms jamming his action at this point. And I'm especially not okay with habitual impaired driving by a teenager around children. That's going to end if I can have a hand in it.

My Mom was a cop. My Dad was a Fed. I am not a cop. I am not going to pretend I'm a cop. I'm not going to tell someone I'm a cop. I'm not going to hint or imply that I'm a cop. Yeah there's exactly one way it goes perfectly, and that's if it goes perfectly. There's every other way it goes wrong. And it's not necessary. And it's a bad idea. I appreciate the intent and good will in the suggestion, though.

Cheesegrits: I'm not sure, honestly. It's a cloverleaf of cul-de-sacs. Broccoliville. My yard is fenced, then there's the sidewalk, then there's Attytude parked on the curb. I probably couldn't put something there to block him from arriving. Had ideas about inexpensive stuff I could put there to make it expensive for a 16 year old to park there, though.

LS1 GTO: I think that's a great idea and the way I'm going to go about it. People will tell you what they're feeling guilty about if you listen. The first words out of his mouth after "Hey" were "Look, I'm not going trying to steal stuff." It raised a red flag right off the bat. Best to just report him as you say.

HRK: Lights and cameras for sure. I had issues with (probably the same little shit) someone stealing freaking roses off our bushes in the front yard, of all things. My wife got mad, I posted about it here and said something about lighting this place up like a concentration camp. Then there was business and it didn't happen. It's happening now. This all stops.

V-Tail: Evening, yes. 5-8PM, and if he shows up after I've gone to bed or have stopped actively scouting the perimeter I couldn't say, but would guess he probably does. Pretty sure this was the same white car that was doing a burnout in front of my house around 11pm 9-12 months ago leaving beer cans in the yard. White early 90's POS. I'm not a car guy. Anyhow, I lit him up with a 1k lumen light from the front window and he peeled the fuck out. When I saw him parked alongside a month or two ago and awkwardly eyeballed him while taking the trash out, he left in a hurry. This time, he didn't. If he comes back, it's going to get incredibly awkward for him, very quickly. It's the best weapon against indignant teenagers, or so I hear. As awkward as I can legally make things.

46and2: Sent you an email.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Cops get paid to handle this stuff, you don't.

What is the correct answer Alex?

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I would have just called the cops. Sitting in the car getting high is the same as sitting in the car getting drunk. You want to do either on your living room couch, fine. In an automobile? Nope.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post