SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just had words with a kid parked next to my house getting baked.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just had words with a kid parked next to my house getting baked. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted
He's a "22 year old Navy Veteran, and like, why are you tripping, bro? I'm not DOING anything. I'm like, ten feet from your stuff, it's public property. Just go back inside and eat your dinner and go to bed or whatever the Hell you do and I'll be gone when you come out in the morning."

"Navy Veteran, huh? You've got give minutes."

It's been ten, he's still there. Plate number, detailed physical description. Neighbor across the street is a long haul trucker and he's been home three weeks. Says the kid has been here at least every other day, if not every day. I caught him out there a month ago. The bowl and grinder were sitting on the passenger seat next to him when I went out and chatted with him. My wife has temporarily talked me into letting him leave without making it an issue, which was my plan until he basically told me to go fuck myself. Kid's 16-18, says he lives a block over. I told him to find another spot, and he argued with me. I'm not ok with this, but neither do I want my fucking house burned down in the middle of the day.

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Pot may be legal here, but operating a motor vehicle while high isn't.

And if he lives down the street, why can't he just get high there? I think I'd much rather get baked at my own place, where I have free access to snacks and cartoons.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Notable quotes: "So you've got a three year old kid, that's no reason to like, be asking me questions and stuff. Your kid shouldn't be playing in the road. I'm not going to drive on the sidewalk, so just chill. It's not like I've even smoked this whole time I've been here."

He's gone. I chatted with the neighbor, if he sees him again, he'll let me know. And then Jr. Attitude will get to meet the local 5-0. He got a fair, calm, and polite warning and acted like a dick. He had his chance to defuse it there and acted like a fucking entitled snowflake. Guess what, fucker? I'm an older, angrier snowflake.

quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Pot may be legal here, but operating a motor vehicle while high isn't.

And if he lives down the street, why can't he just get high there? I think I'd much rather get baked at my own place, where I have free access to snacks and cartoons.

That's what I told him. "Hey, I don't care what you do. I really don't. Just find another place and don't come back, ok?"

He was all defensive because I was "judging" him. Roll Eyes

Asswipe.

Posts: 17057 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Call the police. Even if smoking pot is legal, driving baked is not.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
He deserves whatever he gets. He had the option to say "I'm sorry, I'll move along and find another place to blaze up". Hopefully he decides to find a new spot, if not he can have a ride for DUI and possession.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I would be worried about him coming back and causing trouble. I've seen too many of those kind.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
I would be worried about him coming back and causing trouble. I've seen too many of those kind.

I am. I said as much to the local police chief in the unfortunately lengthy email I just wrote to him. It's a small local department of about 14, looks like. The webpage mentioned that citizens requesting additional patrols in their neighborhood should email the chief directly, so I did. I was polite and simply asked for his advice since I figure he, or one of his officers are familiar with what looks like ongoing shenanigans in this little cul-de-sac. I said I was hot to call immediately but my wife talked me into giving the kid a chance for fear of reprisals against her, our son, the house, or the cars. If I see him again, I'm calling them immediately, no questions, no delay. If I never see him again, I would still like to request additional patrols through here because between that and some squirrelly driving I've seen lately, it would be much appreciated. I wanted to be neighborly, but there's a line!

If there's anything that goes amiss around the house, or anything gets burglarized or vandalized, I'm making a report with the kid's plate number and description.

Now Serving 7.62
Picture of 10X-Shooter
posted Hide Post
Watched some kids selling and buying drugs 20 feet from the bedroom window of our old house (then and now up for sale) in broad daylight. They didn't seem to notice me watching them in the bedroom window so I walked outside filming them on the iPhone. Passed the info on to the local PD. Amazing how they scurry like cockroaches when filmed.

Posts: 6005 | Location: TN | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The punk will think about revenge vaguely, get up, see a Twinkie, and forget all about it.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The video clip sounds like a real good idea. Easy, on the spot evidence, maybe even audio of the event. Any trouble, YOU are who we come looking for.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
call it in ,
let them deal with him, get him in their system,
6 months from now they will run his plates for a traffic violation and find out that he has warrants for this or that and he can make new friends in jail.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Call the cops and tell them to wait until he drives off. Follow him for a mile or two and then bust him. Looks more random than if he gets approached sitting in front of your house.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Does he know you? Tell him your a cop, and if he moves on and doesn't come back you'll forget the whole thing.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I will get by
Picture of Rustyblade
posted Hide Post
might he be there in part cause there is a un-secured Wi-Fi signal?
that and he's too out of it to find his way home

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

Posts: 1291 | Location: Delray Beach | Registered: February 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Does he know you? Tell him your a cop, and if he moves on and doesn't come back you'll forget the whole thing.

NOT a good idea, Sir.

tac

Posts: 11305 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's worth a phone call and not an email. If he's under the influence, he's dangerous. If he was sitting there with an empty twelve pack on the seat next to him, would you have called then?

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Cops get paid to handle this stuff, you don't.

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8318 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
Is it really public property next to your house? Owned by the city? County? Can you put something there that would prevent him from parking? Or ask the relevant municipality to block it?

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

I am. I said as much to the local police chief in the unfortunately lengthy email I just wrote to him. It's a small local department of about 14, looks like. The webpage mentioned that citizens requesting additional patrols in their neighborhood should email the chief directly, so I did. I was polite and simply asked for his advice since I figure he, or one of his officers are familiar with what looks like ongoing shenanigans in this little cul-de-sac. I said I was hot to call immediately but my wife talked me into giving the kid a chance for fear of reprisals against her, our son, the house, or the cars. If I see him again, I'm calling them immediately, no questions, no delay. If I never see him again, I would still like to request additional patrols through here because between that and some squirrelly driving I've seen lately, it would be much appreciated. I wanted to be neighborly, but there's a line!

If there's anything that goes amiss around the house, or anything gets burglarized or vandalized, I'm making a report with the kid's plate number and description.

Call and claim a suspicious vehicle appears to be casing the neighborhood.

I fear in CA the same will be a daily occurrence followed by the break-ins because those too lazy will still want the weed.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Maybe not A Good Thing to impersonate a cop. Better to call a real cop to handle it.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post