SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Razor blades discovered embedded in Huntsville park slides
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Razor blades discovered embedded in Huntsville park slides Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I can't even fathom what a deviant shit stain someone has to be to do this. Both the CBS and NBC (story below) Houston stations are reporting this.
quote:
Razor blades discovered embedded in Huntsville park slides, police say

By Amanda Cochran - Social Media Producer
Posted: 5:23 PM, July 10, 2017
Updated: 10:24 PM, July 10, 2017

HUNTSVILLE, Texas - Razor blades have been discovered in slides in at least one park in Huntsville, according to a release on the city's website.

The city said a heating device is being used to melt portions of the plastic slides and razor blades are then inserted into the surface.
More News Headlines

Woman cut by hidden razor blade in handle of Walmart shopping cart

The blades were discovered during an equipment inspection on July 6.

"The kids are supposed to be able to come out and play safely not worry about razors being found in slides and stuff like that that's not cool," Jakkie Coleman said.

The city said cameras are now being installed to help identify those responsible.

"If you were going head first it could cut your arm or your chest and how would that be? That would be very very bad," 8-year-old Ariana Fair said. "Whoever did that I hope you don't do it again."

The Huntsville Police Department is asking that lighters not be used in city parks.

"It's actually pretty scary that people would try to put razor blades and harm children," 10-year-old Hanna Collingsworth said.

The Huntsville website reads: "With the recent passage of the smoking restrictions ordinance, there should be no reason for anyone to have a lighter or any type of open flame device in use in a city park.

"City parks are for the safe enjoyment of all citizens. Please help us identify anyone damaging playground equipment, especially those using an open flame or acting suspiciously. Injury to a child is a third-degree felony charge."

"The law needs to take some effort to do something about it," Melvin Harris said.

"I guess I'm going to have to examine the park equipment and be more aware," Quaterrio Fair said.

If you have information, call the Huntsville Police Department at (936) 291-5480 or (936) 435-8001.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23244 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
My God, how can anyone be this evil. I suspect something on the order of racial hate crimes.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Huntsville website reads: "With the recent passage of the smoking restrictions ordinance, there should be no reason for anyone to have a lighter or any type of open flame device in use in a city park.

Awful story and I hope they catch the degenerate, but whoever wrote this quote is an idiot.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I would light those fuckers up if I saw that taking place. Just disgusting.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
My guess is that the damage is occurring when no one is around, probably at night. I guess a new SOP needs to be set that requires all the playground equipment be inspected each morning to make sure nothing like that has happened.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
Last night they reported at a Wall Mart in south Houston,( and showed a video), of razor blades embedded in the handles of shopping carts. They were angled into the lower part of the push bar, so you would not see them. Sick MF running around.

"Hold my beer.....Watch this".

Posts: 5933 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Let the beatings begin.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

Awful story and I hope they catch the degenerate, but whoever wrote this quote is an idiot.

People who believe that banning guns will prevent crimes will believe that banning lighters in the parks will prevent this sort of thing. The thought process (if we can call it that) is exactly the same.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47407 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you were trying to catch someone with a camera wouldn't it be better NOT to tell the whole world that you were setting up cameras. Seems kind of stupid to me to advertise your plan of action.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Jesus Christ. I can only imagine the wrath I'd lay down on someone if my son was cut on a slide and I got my hands on them.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8849 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:

People who believe that banning guns will prevent crimes will believe that banning lighters in the parks will prevent this sort of thing. The thought process (if we can call it that) is exactly the same.

Pretty much. Since we have laws against armed robbery and murder, there is no reason for anyone to have a weapon.

The stupid is strong.

Posts: 20098 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nighthawk:
Last night they reported at a Wall Mart in south Houston,( and showed a video), of razor blades embedded in the handles of shopping carts. They were angled into the lower part of the push bar, so you would not see them. Sick MF running around.

This has happened twice at a Wal-Mart south of St. Louis. http://www.ksdk.com/news/local...mart-cart1/454826642

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
That asteroid can show up any day now. Smdh

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post