SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Recommendations for a good set of roll pin punches?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Recommendations for a good set of roll pin punches? Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I bought a full set of Wheeler roll pin punches. I broke the one that is used to remove the roll pin from the M14 cartridge clip guide. I was not impressed with the quality of the Wheeler roll pin punch. I had to go back to my Brownell's roll pin punch that is years old and is not anywhere near straight anymore.

I may just order that Brownell's one again but am asking if anyone has any suggestions for a better brand of roll pin punch. I don't care about price. I want quality.

Thanks,
Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been happy with my set from Snap-on. But you will pay more.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I bought this set on the recommendation of a friend. They've performed very well so far and not expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/MulWark...ll+pin+punches&psc=1

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Starrett Punch Set

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a set of punches from Snap-On, bought in the years after I left home when I thought I might turn wrenches for a living. Hellaciously expensive now (they were then too) but the quality can’t be beat.

I lost my Snap-On 9/16” combination wrench somewhere along the way. Just recently, I was in line at the post office with a Snap-On tool man. I asked if he had one on the truck and what it would cost. I think he said $45 for that one wrench. Uhh, that’s OK, just askin

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I use these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Grace, for all punches, straight, roll pin, roll pin starters, brass or steel.

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I bought this set on the recommendation of a friend. They've performed very well so far and not expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/MulWark...ll+pin+punches&psc=1

-Rob
Same.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
 Grace, for all punches, straight, roll pin, roll pin starters, brass or steel.

I second this. I bought sets from amazon, long, short, flat, roll, starters....excellent tools.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'll go with the Grace.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
I like the Grace roll pin starter set and I need a regular set too. I have one of their multiple but driver sets that’s great but not enough of the styles sizes I need, mainly Torx and Allen head. Bondhaus has worked well for those.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8343 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post