SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JUST. MOVE. OVER. for emergency vehicles.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JUST. MOVE. OVER. for emergency vehicles. Login/Join 
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
To all of you officer's that drive the Interceptor SUV, if you ever use the spare tire, get one put back into it's cubby ASAP. The spare tire is designed by Ford as part of it's impact mitigation. Hopefully the outfitters to your rigs did not remove them for radio equipment.

Just an FYI if you don't know already.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
is there some kind of syndrome or mental block that occurs in some people?
where they see the
giant flashing lights flashing all kinds of colors
and with out any thought at all on their part
they start driving twords the lights?

kind of like the kid learning to ride a bicycle,
he see's the mail box in front of him but , the brain tells the muscles to head straight for it

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
They were very lucky. That’s how I found myself retired early without a say in the matter.

I vividly remember what I don’t remember. Out of nowhere I’m being cut out of a mangled cruiser and sent on an excruciating ambulance ride while trying to figure out what happened and where all the people came from. I never liked surprises.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
They were very lucky. That’s how I found myself retired early without a say in the matter.

I vividly remember what I don’t remember. Out of nowhere I’m being cut out of a mangled cruiser and sent on an excruciating ambulance ride while trying to figure out what happened and where all the people came from. I never liked surprises.

One of my worse nightmares...if someone attacks you, at least you can hope to fight back. Getting rear-ended or ran over during a traffic stop...scary shit.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11446 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
is there some kind of syndrome or mental block that occurs in some people?
where they see the
giant flashing lights flashing all kinds of colors
and with out any thought at all on their part
they start driving twords the lights?

kind of like the kid learning to ride a bicycle,
he see's the mail box in front of him but , the brain tells the muscles to head straight for it

Yes. Yes, there is: target fixation. Google translator doesn't have Bendableese so you're on your own.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post