SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    More New York rioting
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

More New York rioting Login/Join 
posted
The Daily Mail, UK via Drudge

Chaos in Brooklyn as 1,000 anti-cop protesters storm subway stations yelling after a spate of violent arrests and the city's vow to add even MORE officers
Nearly 1,000 protesters took to the streets in Brooklyn Friday night to demonstrate NYPD excessive force and fare evasion crack down plans
The demonstrators waved anti-police signs, shouted obscenities, vandalized a bus and cop car, and jumped subway turnstiles
The protest was sparked by two headline-grabbing incidents involving black teens on October 25

My g*d, It must be horrible to be LEO in New York. The Mayor and Governor come across as not supporting the police, and here is the result.

I wish I had a viable answer...but I do not.

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2084 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The answer to this crap is the same as the answer to the ridiculous "homeless" issues on the West coast- just let the situations keep getting worse and worse, and at some point, the problems will be so bad, they will become catastrophic and absolutely unavoidable, at which point drastic measures will become necessary, and that point will come.

Posts: 107507 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any LE agency in the country would likely hire an NYPD cop. I have no idea why there are still cops in NY.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Any LE agency in the country would likely hire an NYPD cop. I have no idea why there are still cops in NY.

First they'd need to be retrained on use of force matrix and firearm competency, something NYC gov has basically neutered its officers.

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Thin Blue Line gets thinner and thinner each year. Mayor D is a hater despite his public statements. The only good thing about being NYPD is the experience. They are constantly on call and experience more in 3 years than most suburban/rural agencies experience in 10. I chatted with a former NYPD guy that transitioned into a rich suburb agency in a surrounding country. Everything is better... pay, equipment, co-workers. The only thing he misses is the action, sometimes he is boarded out of his mind on patrol. That attitude will change as he gets older. Guys get into NYPD and go to another agency after 3-5 years, that is the ideal career path for LEO's in this area.

Posts: 691 | Location: PA | Registered: August 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
The starting salary for a New York City police recruit is $42,819, which is raised to $45,673 after six months. With typical step increases, an NYPD officer's base salary is $78,026 after five-and-a-half years of service.

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
We recently had examples in London and here in the states how these people need to be handled. The public needs to step up and start issuing beatings in mass to this filth. Even the biggest morons in the group will figure it out after a couple trips to the ER. We're well past reasoning with this garbage at this point.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the police are hired help on behalf of the people

if they can't handle every piece of crap thats tossed their way, I don't recall seeing it written where we cannot help out and lighten the load

the ER may get a bit over-worked but just think about all the Medicare and Medicaid billings

the docs will love it

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The fare they are rioting about is $2.75. Turnstile jumping is a New York sport. However, it results in a $215 million dollar loss to the system.

What has come out is:

“ Popular rumors hold that the New York Police ­Department has stopped ­enforcing the laws against fare evasion in the subway. Some are also suggesting that crime is climbing steeply in the transit system. As commissioner of the NYPD, I can tell you that both claims are false.

Manhattan and Brooklyn district attorneys have ceased prosecuting most fare-evasion arrests. In response, we have cut back on those arrests in ­favor of criminal and civil summonses. We continue to believe that arrests are the most effective way of deterring chronic fare evaders, but if two district attorneys won’t prosecute ­arrests, issuing a ticket is the tool we have left.

That is why Criminal Court summonses are up 62 percent and civil Transit Adjudication Bureau summonses are up more than 53 percent. Overall, ­enforcement is up 50 percent, even with fewer arrests. We have issued about 21,000 more civil summonses for fare evasion so far in 2019 than we did in 2018.
https://nypost.com/2019/11/03/...top-of-subway-crime/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
DeBlasio. This is the New York City he's wanted from day one.

Posts: 2770 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
If NYC became a crime riddled, filthy, rat infested, smelly third world shit hole, would Diblasio notice?

Would anyone care?

I think the answers are No and No.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post