SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got the virus
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got the virus Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
My 90 yr old Mom is in the hospital as we speak . Pneumonia cause by Covid . It jumped on her quick . Nursing home tested her and she had no symptoms for almost a week . Now full facemask with max oxygen flow. She has a DNR so no ventilator . Just waiting it out .

Prayers sent for you and family. May the Lord comfort and bless you all.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
My mom passed this afternoon.

Very sorry for your loss. My sympathies to you and your family.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Just my opinion, but unless at the extreme, I don’t see the reason for a Covid test.

It isn’t like you get the best of meds, just for the stats.

I skipped the test, even though I’m 99+% sure I had Covid, early Oct. It was 2 weeks of dealing with it, fever & all

I honestly thought I had a head could. Seasonal type thing. It was more for me to decide if I should lay out of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu or keep training. For what it's worth pretty sure I got it from my dojo. It's all good I trained knowing I would likely get it. Can't murder cuddle during a "pandemic" and not accept the reasonable risk.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Anyone else notice that Zecpull, the guy who started this thread, hasn't posted in twelve days? Not looking good.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Anyone else notice that Zecpull, the guy who started this thread, hasn't posted in twelve days? Not looking good.

Not a super prolific poster like some, only 5 in 2020 prior to this thread so could also just not be first thing he thinks of.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

Zecpull has been having a rough time of it, but he is winning. Expect a post in a while.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
am okay.. it's been a tough fight..I am 48 hrs fever free. After 14 days over 102.. still drinking plenty of fluids vitamin d and zinc,nothing seems to taste Right yet but I am able to start smelling again.
Biggest complaint is a horrible sore throat salt water gargle isn't cutting it. I have lost nearly 20 pound's. And still have no appetite. I've been doing hard boiled eggs. Because I don't want to lose protein.
Thank you for checking on me. It's been rough

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
I went through open heart surgery in 2012 .. that was a piece of cake to recover from. , Compared to this. This virus is pure evil..
I am weaker than I thought, and I tried to walk around the hall asap because I heard this virus can cause clotting.
I'm sorry for not posting more I lost The thread and it took me a while to get back.

Posts: 9071 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
vitamin d and zinc

That’s it?
No other drugs?

They gave you nothing?

I am convinced this crack down on a drug that has been around forever is purely evil.
What did they say about Hydroxychloroquine ?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
They wouldn't even give me antibiotics for the secondary infection .. just gargle with salt water. I've heard people on remdisaveer..
And other things.

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Get well soon zec.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
My 94 year old mother went to the hospital, received oxygen but was never put on a ventilator.

She was given remdisaveer and another drug that I can’t recall the name of.

It took her two weeks to recover as well.

Glad to hear that you are recovering.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
They wouldn't even give me antibiotics for the secondary infection .. just gargle with salt water. I've heard people on remdisaveer..
And other things.

That sucks.

I am certain the "bounce back" I had was due to the ZPack and the anti-bacterial that I was given.

I was a great deal better the next day, and pulled verticle and climbed bcak up in days.

Do get the walking, get about 15 minutes of sunshine a day, and do 5 sets of 5 deep breaths, hold each for 30 seconds, and full exhales and force cough on the last exhale. It will help get your lungs back in good shape much more quickly.

And hope your smeller gets weller in time for Thanksgiving!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Selogic, I’m so sorry for your loss.....prayers and condolences sent.

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
I may have it too. Started Friday morning with runny nose, scratchy throat, a slight cough, slight body aches and slight chills. Saturday was better, just runny nose and scratchy throat. Sunday a lot better, same for Monday and Tuesday. I even worked out twice (at home) on Tuesday and felt great. Tuesday night 10pm: shaking chills, fever of 100+, headache. No cough or other symptoms. During the night temp went up to 102.6. In morning my temp has dropped back down to 100 or so....and back to the chills. I can't smell anything out of one nostril and barely anything out of the other. Got to drive 35 minutes to get to the site for First Responder testing and I will know something by Monday or Tuesday next week.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: jsbcody,

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you're pulling through. Sorry to hear it was so rough.

When there was nothing but radio silence I feared the worst.

quote:
Originally posted by Zecpull:
am okay.. it's been a tough fight..I am 48 hrs fever free. After 14 days over 102.. still drinking plenty of fluids vitamin d and zinc,nothing seems to taste Right yet but I am able to start smelling again.
Biggest complaint is a horrible sore throat salt water gargle isn't cutting it. I have lost nearly 20 pound's. And still have no appetite. I've been doing hard boiled eggs. Because I don't want to lose protein.
Thank you for checking on me. It's been rough

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Continued prayers for you. I am so sorry you are having such a rough go of it.
This virus is no joke. I sincerely hope you start to feel a lot better soon.
Take good care.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Went to town yesterday. And found out that I am weak as hell..
I just went to the grocery to pick up a few things. Since I was no longer contagious.
I was completely exhausted by the time I was done. I must have looked it, because an older lady who worked there' asked me if she could help me take it to the car. She helped me unload the Cart and returned it.
But I was definitely done shopping for the day.
I was fine when I got home..
But this is definitely worse than recovering from open heart surgery.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So very glad you are on the mend.

For those others who have gotten the Kung Flu. Hang in and suck it up this too shall pass.

Remember lots of fluids......which I read to be bourbon because either it will kill any invading viruses or it will make so you won’t care. Win win. Smile. Seriously though. Take care all.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post