SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got the virus
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got the virus Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Talked with Mom's doctor today . He has advised us to consider moving her to a Hospice facility . They can make her more comfortable than the Hospital can .We'll start that process tomorrow .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Selogic, I'm sorry to read that about your Mom

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
So very sorry, will keep you all in my prayers

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Any updates on OP?

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sorry selogic, Prayers for all of you.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your mom.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you , guys . I'm at peace with the situation . Last night her Nurse called and asked permission to start giving her Morphine as needed . She said it would basically be like starting the Hospice process immediately instead of waiting until she is moved . But since it would interfere with regular treatment procedures , they had to ask . Right now it's all about her being comfortable until nature takes it's course .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I tested positive on the 18th. Wife and kid tested positive on 19th. Wife and I have a basic head cold. 7yo son has zero symptoms.

Lost my smell and taste over the weekend. That's a freaking weird one guys. Not smelling or tasting has gotten old real freaking fast.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
93 y.o. Uncle John has been in a nursing home for 5 years.

Doctors blamed his death, this morning, on covid .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
I tested positive on the 18th. Wife and kid tested positive on 19th. Wife and I have a basic head cold. 7yo son has zero symptoms.

Lost my smell and taste over the weekend. That's a freaking weird one guys. Not smelling or tasting has gotten old real freaking fast.

This is exactly my experience, mild symptoms but loss of smell is what convinced me to get tested. The loss of smell has been very weird. Everythng tastes(or doesn't taste Wink ) like chemicals. Very weird. Positive test but so far, very mild. Day 3 of my quarantine, so far so good. Prayers for those not so fortunate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Just my opinion, but unless at the extreme, I don’t see the reason for a Covid test.

It isn’t like you get the best of meds, just for the stats.

I skipped the test, even though I’m 99+% sure I had Covid, early Oct. It was 2 weeks of dealing with it, fever & all

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:
Just my opinion, but unless at the extreme, I don’t see the reason for a Covid test.

I skipped the test, even though I’m 99+% sure I had Covid, early Oct. It was 2 weeks of dealing with it, fever & all

did you quarantine then for the 2 weeks? that alone is worth getting the test.

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

Having a confirmed positive in hand may help you get on a faster track to enhanced treatment/care/admission if you need it. As you've seen for many it's a nothing burger, but for others it gets verify real very fast.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yes, I was on vacation then used sick time. I was sequestered for 14+ days.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sourdough44:

Can't disagree as long as you quarantined and didn't spread it, which it seems you did. For me it was like I needed to take it seriously and I needed confirmation in order to. Without that confirmation maybe I started rationaling.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Regeneron monoclonal antibody is showing up in some hospital networks. If you are COVID positive and over 65 you are a candidate for that MAB as an outpatient.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Hope Zecpull is doing ok.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
93 y.o. Uncle John has been in a nursing home for 5 years.

Doctors blamed his death, this morning, on covid .
. My condolences, my wife’s 93 year old uncle has been hospitalized with COVID for 10 days, so far he is slightly improved.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mom passed this afternoon . The Hospital didn't even try to move her . They switched over to what they call " Comfort Care " , which is basically Morphine and Ativan . They removed the forced oxygen and she lasted about 20 minutes . Thank God that's over .

Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry...prayers to all of you

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post