SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I got the virus
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I got the virus Login/Join 
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
When people say take zinc, vitamin c and vitamin d how much should we be taking?

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jeriel
posted Hide Post
Hoping for your speedy recovery. God bless!

Posts: 1461 | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Killer:
When people say take zinc, vitamin c and vitamin d how much should we be taking?

Here's what I've been taking:

Vitamin A - 7,600mcg (25,000IU)

Vitamin B3 - 4mg
Vitamin B6 - 10mg
Vitamin B12 - 25mcg

Vitamin C - 1,000mg

Vitamin D3 - 25mcg (1,000IU)

Zinc Supplement - 30mg

Magnesium Taurate - 400mg

Potassium - 99mg

The Vitamin B & C are in the Emergen-C brand Super Orange powder packets that are mixed with water.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My 90 yr old Mom is in the hospital as we speak . Pneumonia cause by Covid . It jumped on her quick . Nursing home tested her and she had no symptoms for almost a week . Now full facemask with max oxygen flow. She has a DNR so no ventilator . Just waiting it out .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
My 90 yr old Mom is in the hospital as we speak . Pneumonia cause by Covid . It jumped on her quick . Nursing home tested her and she had no symptoms for almost a week . Now full facemask with max oxygen flow. She has a DNR so no ventilator . Just waiting it out .

My prayers for your mom.

The only thing that scares me about this covid is how fast it can show up and present severe symptoms. I’ve spoke to two people who had it that passed out. One said he didn’t feel any symptoms at all and was just walking down the hall at work. I spend a lot of time driving and having some medical attack on the interstate has always been a fear.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My prayers & best wishes to both your mom and your family...
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here is a guide I have been following.

https://www.evms.edu/media/evm...OVID-19_Protocol.pdf

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
My doctor has prescribed 5000IU Vitamin D3 and 80meq of Potassium (4 tablets) daily. He has approved 50mg of Zinc and 400mg Magnesium also. He sells his own recommended pill of vitamins D3 and K2 from his office, and a special B-vitamin complex. I don't take Vitamin C or E, my doctor recommended against those some years ago because of possible interactions with other medicines. You may not have that problem.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Killer
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the answers.

Posts: 321 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: December 10, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

All of it...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvvaZCuvHnc

Seriously though, get well and if things get worse don’t try and “tough” it out.

I tested positive for antigen but honestly have no idea when I had it.

57, overweight, diabetic, asthma - lots of risk factors but no impact at all.

Individual results may vary but like so many things, genetics and other factors play a big part as well.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I was notified this week (Wednesday) that a nurse I had interacted with a week ago (Friday) had tested positive for COVID. He was the person who inserted my IV (it's a weekly treatment), but he wore gloves and a mask, and I wore a mask. So far I have not shown any symptoms of the virus. I hope it stays that way.

Follow your doctor's instructions. I pray all will be well.

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
So far I have not shown any symptoms of the virus. I hope it stays that way.

flashguy

I hope so, too.

Has anyone heard from zecpull? I haven't seen any posts from him in a while.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:
quote:

Here's what I've been taking:

Vitamin A - 7,600mcg (25,000IU)

Vitamin B3 - 4mg
Vitamin B6 - 10mg
Vitamin B12 - 25mcg

Vitamin C - 1,000mg

Vitamin D3 - 25mcg (1,000IU)

Zinc Supplement - 30mg

Magnesium Taurate - 400mg

Potassium - 99mg

The Vitamin B & C are in the Emergen-C brand Super Orange powder packets that are mixed with water.

While I agree that taking some supplements can be beneficial it really should be based on a comprehensive blood work up by your PCP.
As an example based on my work up I’m taking more than twice the D3 that you are and slightly less Zinc. It should be tailored to your specific situation.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
While I agree that taking some supplements can be beneficial it really should be based on a comprehensive blood work up by your PCP.
As an example based on my work up I’m taking more than twice the D3 that you are and slightly less Zinc. It should be tailored to your specific situation.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Important point. Some of these things can cause serious problems in excess. Health food stores are notorious for suggesting mega doses of these things. I have been deficient in Vitamin D for years and take large amounts. Regular blood work is important for proper health.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
Just tested positive today. Symptoms weren't horrible. Headache, chills and low grade fever. The thing that got me to get tested was I lost my sense of smell. So now I am confined to the man cave for 7 days and then I retest. Until then it is lots of water, vitamins c and d and zinc. Then hopefully I won't have to worry about this crap anymore as I will be immune.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5906 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Important point. Some of these things can cause serious problems in excess. Health food stores are notorious for suggesting mega doses of these things. I have been deficient in Vitamin D for years and take large amounts. Regular blood work is important for proper health.
My understanding is that Zinc is water-soluble and excess will come out in perspiration (which also kiils bacteria that cause BO). My doctor has prescribed at least 5000IU of D3. I have blood work done regularly.

flashguy

Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I have a family member who's family all one a day vitamins.
She asked her Dr if they should be taking anything else to ward off the Covid.
The Dr told her just to take two one a day vitamins instead of one until this is over or they get vaccinated.
It may not be the best solution but is simple enough to do I guess.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Hang in there, Zecpull!

My wife got it early this week. We have been taking extra doses of zinc, vitamin D3 and C since the spring, and loaded up more once she came down with it. Her symptoms were moderate for about 3 days, now they are almost gone. We also added Xycam after the diagnosis.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Good advice guys. I will be looking into getting a blood work up ASAP.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
Mother, brother and I had it in late January.

So sick I just wanted to die...afterwards weeks of fatigue and could not work a full day for about 2 weeks.

Mother’s kidneys failed on March due to the effects and passed away.

Brother recovered and and is doing well.

Covid is a nasty bitch.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7177 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post